Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Matrix of Leadership came in today!! Wooot!!! I had it fixed good as new in minutes.. So I am contemplating selling it and buying one of the cheaper Knock-offs to turn into my Topper. I kinda had to carve up this limited edition one.

In other news, Windows 7 is being a majorly royal pain in my arse. I am considering going back to Windows Server 2003. It looks like all the problems I had with it, were due to the fact my HDD was failing. I suspect it will work just fine for me now. We will see how I feel about it tomorrow. However, I may have a bad motherboard too... So I have to check that first.

Zeb has my boards fixed!! Than you for the extremely RAPID service!!! They will be headed back to me soon.

I am now back to running Server 2003. I have found it to be a more stable platform, with less headaches than Windows 7.. and it still lets me use more than 4GB of RAM.

My build has slowed down quite a bit, but I have a lot going on right now in my life. My wife's family is coming for a visit, to check out our new home.. and it is NOT visitor ready yet :D Plus Spring is coming and I have 109k Sq foot of yard and landscaping to get ready.

Also I am having a small issue with the size and shape of the head art. My plan is to have it go edge to edge, but We are having issues getting it to print out the right size. Also I have been dragging my feet in getting Javier what he needs to do the art for the front of the cabinet.

So, I am still here and still working, albeit a lot slower. But I will post with updates once I have some!

My finalized artwork should be ready later this week! The cards from zen will be here soon and I think I have my software all working properly now, with about 400 VP tables installed and ready to go.

I have a lot of work to do around the house to get ready for our family to visit in the next month... And a lot of wiring to do in the cab. But I think I can have it all finished soon.

Btw, today marks one year that we have owned our home. :)

My artwork is complete and soon to be sent to Brad for printing!

We decided not to do anything on the front around the coin door for now, as there is not really much room to work with. I am going to wrap the entire cabinet in black vinyl for a uniform, professional look, then lay the graphics on top of that. This is how the real P2K Cabinets are done. All the ones I have found are White, with a Black vinyl wrap over that and the graphics on top of it. So, Why not :)

I got my high power boards from Zebulon hooked up.. Thanks for the ribbon cable! That made wiring SO much cleaner and easier!

I now have working RBGs and Strobes!! I also got my nudging working great using the MS Sidewinder. Next I will start wiring up the rest of the toys. I will get a video of eberything working this weekend, when I have some free time.

Can you offer details on this or a source link for instructions?

There is not a lot to it, I bought a used MS Sidewinder Pro Gamepad on Ebay for $9. Took the controller apart and Screwed the circuit board the the bottom side of one of my PF Monitor supports. I then ran thru the calibration for it under my control panel, by nudging my cabinet, with the force I felt I would use while playing. I actually nudged it a bit harder than I normally would, to keep me from tilting so easily.

Then in VP, under Keys, I enabled Analog Nudging and set my dead zone to 20%.

So far, it seems to be just about perfect. Mind you my play testing of this has been minimal atm, as I was mostly focused on working with my lights. But I think it is going to work out just fine.

Thanks!

Anytime!

Today, I have Full Force Feedback!!! Well, everything but the shaker, wiper motor and Replay Knocker. And I gotta tell you it is GREAT!!!

However, my Siemens Solenoids do not hit quite as hard as I expected them to. From everything I read, I thought they would hit almost as hard as a real Pinball solenoid does. But not so. They are less than half as powerful of a hit. A little depressing. I checked my voltages and they are getting 24 volts. So, I am not sure just yet. I am going to do some reading, some investigating.... And see what I can do to make these feel more like the real thing.

But wow what a difference it makes thus far!!!

Anytime!

Today, I have Full Force Feedback!!! Well, everything but the shaker, wiper motor and Replay Knocker. And I gotta tell you it is GREAT!!!

However, my Siemens Solenoids do not hit quite as hard as I expected them to. From everything I read, I thought they would hit almost as hard as a real Pinball solenoid does. But not so. They are less than half as powerful of a hit. A little depressing. I checked my voltages and they are getting 24 volts. So, I am not sure just yet. I am going to do some reading, some investigating.... And see what I can do to make these feel more like the real thing.

But wow what a difference it makes thus far!!!

I don't have the thread on reference, but I saw where someone modded the contactors by placing a metal washer in the bottom behind the spring to make more of a "whack" sound?

I haven't gotten to the point of hooking up my contactors, but was going to test the difference myself?

Also did you buy your contactors new or used? I've heard used contactors aren't as loud? (I managed to get all of mine new somehow.

I vaguely remember that thread. Thanks! I will search for it and give it a shot.

My contactors are used, but I have 2 sets of them and they are both much quieter than I had expected them to be. Especially based on some of the videos I have seen.

Oh yea, Brad sent me this in my email today!!!!

PICT0016-2_zpsc4fad16d.jpg

Thanks, I actually did try this mod... BUt it only made a very minor difference in my case. I dug thru all 17 or my contactors and pulled out my two loudest ones. I mounted them in a few different locations around the flipper buttons and picked the loudest, clearest spot. It is still Only minimal compared to our real pinball machine.. And the back ones I cannot feel at all, but I can hear them. For the time being, it will do.. But I am going to speak with the electricians and electrical engineers at work... See if I can find out what is the loudest, hardest hitting contactor I can buy.

For now.... It works. I am going to hook the rest of my toys up this weekend, hopefully.. And get a new video up of everything working.

Thanks!

BTW, my art will be here Tuesday!!

Oh for the love of *$#~!&

This build has become an example of just home much money can Randy throw away by blowing stuff up!

I am pretty sure I just fried my LEDwiz and one of my high power boards. I was trying to find where I am getting feedback from... Which of coarse means working with the power on..

Yep.. Dropped my screwdriver. Now one high power booster board has now Power LED, nor does the LEDWiz. And a couple of formerly working devices, are not responding. However... Most are still. So the LEDWiz and the affected booster board are at the least... somewhat functional.

I am going to bed. I will look at it again in a day or two. If it weren't for bad luck, I would have none at all.

On the bright side... I have a spare LEDWiz. I think.

Archived