Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

Well, I decided to order Zebulon's big easy boards. As I understand, he is waiting on some parts, but hopes to have them soon. Once I get it, I get the cabinet finished. I have a new LEDWiz coming and am going to move a few items around inside the cabinet, since I will no longer have to have my multiple power supplies and such in there.

I will be starting the tear down this week. I will take some before pics and then eventually some after pictures too :)

Eventually I will have this all finished and working......

I have a local friend who I am helping to build his cabinet and a gentleman I work with is considering having me build one for him. He however, does not want force feedback atm.. Just to be able to play some tables on the cheap.

Here are a few higher resolution pics of the cab thus far....

th_DSCN2473_zps93ff71ec.jpg

th_DSCN2472_zps8b6ed8ec.jpg

th_DSCN2469_zps6a6ce142.jpg

th_DSCN2468_zpsc44e9e43.jpg

th_328c9061-8d5c-4c6a-9a02-4193ca5dcb38_zpsad6349f6.jpg

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear it will be coming back to life soon.

Artwork looks good. Looks like you had plenty of space to make it bigger/taller if you wanted. :)

Thanks! And yea, the ceiling in our Greatroom is about 23 foot at the highest point :)

Thanks! And yea, the ceiling in our Greatroom is about 23 foot at the highest point :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my statement. I meant it looks like you had plenty of room to make your artwork bigger and fill up more of the blank space if you wanted. Hindsight is always 20/20 though... :) Regardless, it looks great!

Thumbs up on the high ceilings too! ;)

Yea, three of the planes have all the servos and RX's etc etc in them. And I got a Futuba T6XA S controller with them. The Big Stick, the Red Baron looking plane will be flyable by this weekend. It just has a small hole to patch. The others will require more work. The Tiger Trainer, which I had hoped to repair first, is eat up with Black Mold. So I will probably gut the electronics and motor from it and put them in the Yellow and Red one. I was told it is the most fun one to fly.

You guys are RC pilots as well? Me too, but I fly sail planes most of the time. My currently flyer is a Golberg Electra that I converted to a burshless electric with folding prop. I can keep this plane in the sky for hours on end without landing.

This is my next plane that I'm getting.

4Meter - Ventus Discus

post-2-142870589871_thumb.jpg

Nice Dazz!!

I have not been an RC Pilot for about 15 years.. I used to be BIG into it.. Since I got a massive yard and a big long paved driveway, I swore to get back into it.

However.. If the 30 minutes I spent on the RealFlight Simulator at Hobby Lobby is any judge, I am not so much a Pilot.. as a Crash Test Dummy.....

Lucian, I want a Corsair and a P51 sooo bad!!!

Lucian, I want a Corsair and a P51 sooo bad!!!

p51_zpsb22883bb.jpg

:D Xbox controller just for scale. Haven't taken her up yet. Been too sidetracked with this whole pinball thing. ;)

Wow, we have totally derailed your thread now...

Glad to see we all have so much in common :D

Now for some On-Topic news....

Javier Reyes, the artist who drew all my amazing artwork for this cabinet.. Has posted on his website a little article about doing this job.

If you are interested, you can find the article here...

http://www.javierreyesart.com/

My Boards from Zeb should be here in the next couple of days!!! So now I have to put the airplanes down and get back to work on the cabinet ;)

WoooHooo!!! My boards are here!!!

Gotta go get busy!

Ohhh Crud!!

I just realized it looks like I won't be able to use my RGB Flippers and Undercab lighting with this setup..... Hmmmmm I will figure out a way.....

Ok I figured it out :D I will get everything working first and tested... Then do a little shuffling to get my 3 consecutive ports I need for the RGB FLippers and undercab, run them direct from the LEDWiz, I do not have an extraball button and I will wire the Exit button to always be on... That with the spare at 16, gives me my three I need.

Awesome!!!!

I have almost everything hooked up and working now!

The shaker, I set to a max intensity of 24, but when I blow up the UFO in Mars attacks, it is still too much, So I will try dropping it lower. I have 3 green LEDS that are not working when plugged into the board, but work When I test them with my multi-meter. So I have emailed Steve for guidance there. I am sure it is something simple. The Gear motor is awesome! And so is the Knocker. I placed the knocker under the Lock Down bar, it is a nice effect when it hits.

I still have to wire up my Undercab and my RGB Lights. I also have to wire up my Button lights.

And that is pretty much everything. I LOVE this new board!

With the gear motor and Shaker setup and working I love it!!

But it sure seems like some tables do not pay attention to the Max Intensity I have set...

I set the minimum intensity to 3 and the MAX to 8 in the LEDWiz Config too at VPUniverse.... But some tables Still shake to hard that the cabinet walks across the floor.

So I am still looking into it. I may have to use the Speed Controller that is included with these boards to limit the motor further.

I also have to do some experimenting with my Replay Knocker. I mounted it to hit on the bottom of the Lock Bar Receiver, but it sounds to tinny. I will try it against some thick steel and some Oak to see if I can get a better sound.

I personally never played with the intensity from the port assignments page, it is still to 48.

But if you have shaker motor of zeb like me, you can play with the potar on the shaker motor itself to diminish the power, it would be okay like this ;)

Archived