Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i personally have the wiper motor on the middle of my cab, and the shaker motor on the front, but both in front should be fine.

Especially for the shaker, you enjoy more the vibrations when it is in front than in the middle of the cab, from my experience ;)

Tha is Zeb!! You are the man!

The shaker I. The front is not so bad. But the wiper motor is loud and needs to be in the back. Most tables have the geared assemblies in the back, so it helps with the illusion.

Added in the Shaker speed Controller. That works nicely :) I gotta do some tweaking, but nice....

I also wired up my RGB Flipper Buttons. They look so sweet :) I need to finish up my undercab lighting as well. I may get it done tomorrow. And I have to wire up my Button lights... Oh so close!!!

I better get my doors mounted on the rear soon! Just a couple more pieces of vinyl to install and it will be ready for them.

Thanks!

My life is never without it's surprises....

I managed to get a virus onto my Cabinet.. Thru sheer stupidity. I knew better, I always know better... But.. There it is.

So after spending two days trying to undo the damage that was done... I gave up. I am no longer running XP, I decided to give 7 another try.. Now that I have a properly functioning Motherboard.

So far so good. Even seems a bit quicker in some tables.

And I got my new boards from Zeb in. Everything is working perfectly now!

I still have to wire up the Button LEDs and finish cleaning up the wire. But enough is enough for one day. Now to go play!

And the hits just keep on coming.

At this time, I can no longer recommend the Monster Digital SSDs. My original 120 GB SSD had issues pretty much out of the gate. Now, My 240 GB That they sent as a replacement... Has died. Completely dead. Just 4 months in. I have an email off to them, but as it stands all the work I have put into the config of the cabinet the last few days... and it was a LOT!! Is gone. I have my backup from 3 weeks ago.. fortunately... But needless to say, I am not a happy camper right now.

Thermaltake - 650-Watt ATX Power Supply is what powers my computer. The voltages have been checked on it numerous times, considering the issues I have had.. It checks out perfectly, as do the voltages from the wall.

However, I think it is time for me to take a nice extended break from this project. When I get my new drive, I will probably load the OS and software back on it, then push it into a corner for a while. I have several other projects I need to be giving my time to..... And this one has really pushed me to the edge of my tolerable frustration levels.

I've had the same issue with a OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. I had the original drive in a desktop for about a year until it died. I contacted OCZ and they gave me a new one, this time a 30GB drive (it was a 20 originally). While I was waiting for warranty replacement, I bought a Kingston SSD for the desktop to get it back up and running, so when the replacement SSD came, I put it in my laptop. This laptop probably gets used 4-5 times a month for 30-60 minutes at a time. Six months later, that drive died. I contacted OCZ again, and they said they would send me another (with another 10GB bump to 40GB), but after this drive, there would be no more replacements. This is the SSD I plan on using in my pin cab now.

I find it hard to believe how many duds I had, given that SSD's are advertised as having a very low failure rate, and extra long life. I've only had one mechanical hard drive die on me in 15 years, and that was one that was in an enclosure that fell off my tower and hit the floor. I plan on having my cab networked with a small usb wifi adapter, and having it do an automatic backup every so often to my desktop just in case this SSD dies like the others, but there really is no excuse for these things to be failing like they are.

Yea, I spoke with Mark at Monster Digital, and from our tests, the controller still work, but the Flash Media itself is dead. They are sending me another one. I put the cabinet back together with a Intel 120 GB. Also something I have recently learned. The LEDWiz, my Linksys USB Wireless adapter and the Keyboard encoder do not like the USB3 ports. I have issues if I have them plugged intot he USB3 ports at random times.. but if I run everything off the USB2 ports, no issues.

So you all may want to file that away for future troubleshooting knowledge.

As it stands, the cabinet is done... Well, I have one last issue.. But I have not tracked down the cause yet. Sometimes, my flipper contactors will just stopp working, then start back up. I thought it was a loose connection, but it does not seem to be. I will swap out some other contactors and try them this weekend. And it may be a software thing too, as it SEEMS to happen when lots is going on. Also, my wiper motor is WAY TOO LOUD!!! It drowns out everything else. So I am playing around with some ideas to quiet it down. I may in the end chuck it all together, or look for a quieter one. It does not really add that much to the game for me. At least not as it is right now.

However, barring any more disasters.... *knocks on wood* All I have left to do now is add LEDWiz Feedback to some tables that do not have it, and update the tables and back glasses I have installed... And of coarse keep adding tables as they come out.

• 1 month later...

Hey Virii

Congrats one the build. It's looking real sweet.

Have you wired your flipper RBGs yet? I was looking at what others had used in their builds when using RGB pushbuttons. I noticed you've used pretty much the same gear as me for your flippers buttons.

Any chance you can post some picks of them assembled in your cab?

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry for the late reply. WIth summer here, I am not home much. I am out in the convertible, running the Dragons tail most of the time :)

I Do have the RGB's hooked up. But I do nto currently have a good picture of them. However, I need to order a second set. Mine have an issue.. The Red comes and goes. It is a broken solder joint, but they are so small, I just can't fix it. I keep making it worse. However, no more than I payed, I will just get another set.

Here is a video of them working though...

• 2 months later...

Howdy gang! Long time no speak.

The Pinball cabinet is working great. I have been working with Javier again to finish the last piece of artwork for it... The Front piece.

Over the summer I bought a Miata and have been racing it quite a bit and tweaking and modding it.

Well, This led to the idea to complete the Cabinet....

I present to you, Ryu, The Mountain Defender...

421F67F6-C8E4-4960-82D9-775177D2C56D-6417-000005B1E4899A73_zpsa560948d.jpg

I named my car Ryu, because it is Japanese for Dragon... Which is where I spend most of my time.. On the Tail of the Dragon, US129 from Blount County TN to Robbinsville NC. It is an 11 mile stretch of road with 318 curves.. Many of them so tight you can almost see your own ass :)

And This is the Miata...

86485D07-F276-4289-AA09-1A3FC404A5E0-4044-000003A782CF4934_zps28af8263.jpg

Archived