Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

Mameman, that is the classic comic book hero pose for the Transformers. :) him and Meg's both will be in that pose. I have another revision just now that does tie the pieces together better though. I will post it up later.

Zebulon, thanks! I was looking for those yesterday. I will pester Deegor until he coughs up the others you mentioned.

My new 24volt PS will be here by the weekend. Along with my new Ipac2. So hopefully I will make some progress.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I finally figured out what I did that blew up my electronics...

So a word to the wise. If you buy a chinese power supply on Ebay.. do NOT trust the markings on it. Use a voltage meter and double check. Mine was maked V+ and V-... so I hooked the V- to the common ground rail. But.. it turns out that was NOT V-. It was V+. So I put 12 VDC to my ground rail and cooked everything connected to it. Which fortunately was not much. As soon as I get my IPAC 2 from the UK, I will be playing again. And as soon as I get my package from KonkeyKong, I will start wiring up the Force Feedback.

Just so you guys know, I will have an extra set of LEDs, Contactors, an LEDWiz and the needed resistors etc etc etc for sale... So if anyone needs something, shoot me a PM. Otherwise I will toss it all on ebay when I am done.

Would love to see a variation of this artwork without the grid lines, but maybe with some other complimentary background elements (especially on the head). To my eye, the grid lines almost seem a bit monotonous. But that's just me. And I also do recognize that sometimes what you see on a tiny computer screen can look much different when you see the full size graphic.

Anyway, all that matters is that YOU love it. :)

Yea, I can dig that. but as this is G1 based... and that was how they did all of their boxes, it looks just right to me. However, The Head art is being reworked to blend with the body art a little better.

On the plus side.. my I-Pac 2 got here today and I have a working cabinet again. I also removed the soldered in 4 amp fuse from the 12 VDC power supply and attached a AGC fuse holder to the top outside of the PS, soldered it in with enough extra wire that I can get it back apart and put in a new fuse. Also, while I had it apart, I found a switch inside the PS for switching from 110 to 220.... Yea, mine was set for 220. So I corrected that too.

My 24 VDC power supply will be here either this weekend or Monday. All the Feedback toys I bought and the High power boards Zeb made will be here tomorrow!!! So it is wiring time again.

Oh yea... Also my 39" Westinghouse was too snug of a fit. It was so tight I had to force it into the cabinet. I didn't want to De-case it, because the case on these adds a LOT of rigidity. So.. I took my planer to the sides. Yep.. That's right, an old fashioned Hand Planer, made for wood. 3 or 4 good strokes on each side and now it drops right in! Now I can get it in and out without wrecking the paint, or worrying about breaking the screen.

Thanks everyone :)

I just did a test print of my artwork for the head.. and it is off in dimensions. So later I am going to work with Javier and get it corrected. I hope to have it ready for printing within a week or two.

Thanks! I am really happy with it!

I got in my new 24V Power Supply, so I guess I need to take the pin back apart and get started on wiring up the feedback gear.... It is just SO much fun to play!

It will be even more fun with the feedback gear :) Good luck with the wiring.

Well... I have the two High power boards wired to the LEDWiz and all mounted on a section of plywood. Now I have to wire my Resistors in. I believe I will just go ahead and use the Resistor board I already have built. I know I do not NEED the fuses now, but they are already soldered in place.. and it can't hurt. Especially given the luck I have had lately :)

I got my LEDWiz and Booster Board built finally.

Tomorrow I plan to get it mounted and start running power and devices to it.

29505F04-CF75-4FEA-8A67-4397BF6B8205-1259-00000065D06A63ED_zps4dd1635a.jpg

I just realized I got my Blue and Green wires reversed. Oh well, no biggie.. I will switch them at the resistors.

Very cool project and theme!

I'm working on the new Transformers movie as we speak (and worked on the past two as well). I was never into the cartoon, but I had to learn a little about the Transformers universe once I started working on those movies so I don't look bad around here :)

I can't wait to see your machine done. Keep going!

-Kris

I have LEDS!!!!! Yep I got most of them working! And Zeb just helped me to more than likely solve the issue witht he last one.

And to make it even better... I found the PERFECT topper for my pinball machine!!!

KGrHqZhIFEBmg5MbBREJSvu-g60_57_zps70016d0f.jpg

This is the Matrix of Leadership, that resides in the chest of Optimus Prime. These things sell for $300 - $500 regularly. But this one has a broken switch. So I got it for $71!!!!

I am going to toss in an RGB LED and wire it up to one of my lights or something. I KNEW when I got the idea for this theme, that this was what I wanted for a topper. But I was not going to spend that much money just to buy something I was going to rip apart and mod. The fates shined down on me and I lucked into this one!

Very cool project and theme!

I'm working on the new Transformers movie as we speak (and worked on the past two as well). I was never into the cartoon, but I had to learn a little about the Transformers universe once I started working on those movies so I don't look bad around here :)

I can't wait to see your machine done. Keep going!

-Kris

That is cool that you work on the movies!

I will admit, I very much prefer the cartoons, but I have seen the two movies.

I do not like what Bay has done to the Transformers.... But if you look at them on their own and not try to think of them as The Transformers I grew up with, they are pretty good. But put them side by side and G1 wins every time for me :)

Well, The High power boards that I bought from KonkyKong were blown or something. But Zebulon, being the awesome guy that he is, is fixing them for me. I have mailed them off to him. So there will be a slight pause in the build while this gets fixed.

Thanks again Zeb!!! You are awesome!

Archived