Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Frosty's Bartop

Frosty

Thanks guys for the recs. I'll call some local shops and see what's available. How did you guys secure the glass in place? I'd imagine its a lot heavier. With the lexan I was planning on using angles and the fixing pieces to hold it. Any suggestions?

Frosty I just put my last coat on also' date=' looks like we are at similar stages with our build's haha. I'm putting the vinyl on tomorrow after I pick up a felt squeegee.[/quote']

Yours is coming along man! I'm hoping to put side graphics on tomorrow, but we'll see. Nice being at similar spots in the project. We'll figure this thing out haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On mine the glass was about 3mm short each side, I slackened off the monitor support rails and the angle iron down the sides of the glass went behind the monitor brackets which were then tightened back up. Clamping the glass in place. Also put some silicone in to keep it all in place.

mine is held in place with the fixing blocks. i ran a couple of strips of insulating tape down each side of the glass to make it a more tighter fit, and also to provide some protection for the glass from the side rails.

The aluminium angle was drilled on the side that touches the cab. The rail was screwed to the cab with a fixing block attached.

The glass fits between the rail and the fixing block.

I'll post a shot of it later.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Got the side graphics on and trimmed last night. Will post a pic once I attach the control and front panel.

Got a reasonable quote for glass. They gave me some samples of grey and bronze tints, I think I like grey better. Will finalize once i get mounting it squared away.

Thanks for the ideas for mounting the glass. Not sure which route I want to take. How'd the weecade set its glass without angles? Or am I looking at it wrong?

As far as dust ill put my monitor as flat as possible with the glass. Besides that ill have one exhaust fan and no intake, except for the gap on the bottom per the design.

pic of how the glass is fixed.

20130313060746.jpg

in the picture you wil see that i changed the Aluminum angle for black UPVC, as i kept scratching the front of the finish and having to respray it. (changing the block to a black one hasn't made viewing the photo any easier - sorry)

the glass is held in place with the cabinet fixing block and insulating tape provides slight resistance to stop it falling out.

hope this is clear.

Mike.

Got the front panel attached and the cp baton braces on there. Couldn't resist slapping the marque and monitor in there to get an idea of what it'll look like.

post-73939-142870586559_thumb.jpg

post-73939-142870586569_thumb.jpg

Next up: order glass and install... Should i get tinted grey glass or clear? Any suggestions?

Hey Frosty...which version of the marquee did you end up going with?

I haven't applied & fitted it yet, but I really like the 80% opacity. In the pic above, I just sat it on the top for looks.

• 1 month later...

By God it's done!!! After working on this project off and on since mid-January, I finally found time to finish it this past weekend. Want to give a shout out to mike, monkey, richie, yardley and this great forum for the help! Also Lucian for printing my graphics! They turned out great!

post-73939-142870589893_thumb.jpg

post-73939-142870589896_thumb.jpg

post-73939-142870589898_thumb.jpg

post-73939-142870589901_thumb.jpg

Now time to finish my hyperspin setup, and to play!

Archived