Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

SweetFX + Demul?

newoski

• 6 months later...

Use ReShade.  They changed the renderer in 5.8.2 so the old SweetFx doesn't work anymore.  Choose DX10/11 in the ReShade settings.  Works like a charm!

http://reshade.me/

What happens after you choose DX10/11? I used the Mediator but it didn't do much so I ended up changing a few things a the Reshade folder within Demul 0.7.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance someone could point me to a how-to for ReShard w/DEmul? I'm having a hard time getting it working (never used SweetFX).

So which do you want to use? I tried Reshade with a couple of systems and the results were pretty bad, there was some nasty colour banding. However I've not delved into it very deeply only the Sweetfx side.

Sweetfx however is a little easier to use but gives varied results if using bezels.

So which do you want to use? I tried Reshade with a couple of systems and the results were pretty bad, there was some nasty colour banding. However I've not delved into it very deeply only the Sweetfx side.

Sweetfx however is a little easier to use but gives varied results if using bezels.

I'm running DEmul 0.7a. Which do you think would work? I thought I had read that Sweetfx wouldn't work with it, but ReShade would. Just something else to play around with, I guess. :)

I just remembered I can't test it because my 770 GPU has gone back to MSI and Demul 0.7a seems only to have the DX11 plugin.

Here's what I know anyway.

When you start up the Reshade Mediator it probably asks for you to point to the program you want to Shade. Once done it will try to guess which API it's using and with Demul it may guess at DX9 but you can change it to DX10/11. Finish the Wizard.

You can click on your shader and here I have up Sweetfx and here you can make adjustments. I think when I added this to Sega Model 2, turning curvature on broke it.

post-2819-0-65867500-1450476124_thumb.jp

Here in the Pipeline I have Advance-CRT and Vignette select.

post-2819-0-30776100-1450476124_thumb.jp

Once you have made you changes I usually click "Apply" and then I go back to the "Setup" tab and click " Permanent Push To Application"

You can click the Lazy.net button also and download profiles, but it doesn't help much with Emulators.

Let us know how you get on.

That did the trick... at least partially. I have something I can work off of now, thanks!

FYI a new build of DEmul 0.7 was released today. I haven't given it a shot, but thought it was worth mentioning. Fixes quite a few bugs, though none that really affect me.

Have a link to the info? Can't remember where it was released before

Thanks for the description Giga.  Can confirm that curvature does indeed break Sega Model 3.  Forgot about vignetting! I should add that.

Here's a couple problems I've encountered.  First off I can't seem to figure out how to save different settings for different emulators.  If I want to add curvature to Demul, for example, I can't because curvature then carries over to Model 3, which breaks it. So hopefully there's a workaround there.  Secondly, I've noticed on Demul that the different games run at different resolutions, making the scanlines look good sometimes, while other times they suffer from banding.  It's really obtrusive when going from MvC2 (looking good) to Virtua Fighter 4 (looking awful).

• 2 weeks later...

Giga, 

What happens after you choose DX10/11? I used the Mediator but it didn't do much so I ended up changing a few things a the Reshade folder within Demul 0.7.

Thanks

Do any shader injectors work with SDL for emulators like Daphne/KAT5200 etc?

Giga, 

Do any shader injectors work with SDL for emulators like Daphne/KAT5200 etc?

I think it's just OpenGL and DX in Reshade.  I haven't seen any that work with SDL.  Running Dragon's Lair HD looks good enough without shaders but some other Daphne titles could use some shader enhancing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered I can't test it because my 770 GPU has gone back to MSI and Demul 0.7a seems only to have the DX11 plugin.

Here's what I know anyway.

When you start up the Reshade Mediator it probably asks for you to point to the program you want to Shade. Once done it will try to guess which API it's using and with Demul it may guess at DX9 but you can change it to DX10/11. Finish the Wizard.

You can click on your shader and here I have up Sweetfx and here you can make adjustments. I think when I added this to Sega Model 2, turning curvature on broke it.

attachicon.gifImage 6.jpg

Here in the Pipeline I have Advance-CRT and Vignette select.

attachicon.gifImage 5.jpg

Once you have made you changes I usually click "Apply" and then I go back to the "Setup" tab and click " Permanent Push To Application"

You can click the Lazy.net button also and download profiles, but it doesn't help much with Emulators.

Let us know how you get on.

Tried this doesn't look very good :-(

• 1 year later...

Archived