Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't setup Amiga in Hyperspin/Android yet.

I'm most interested in leveraging PUAE core in retroarch (for CD32, etc.).

The problem with UAE is it doesn't seem as easy to setup a kickstart rom, game, and go...

With PUAE in retroarch, you can apparently leverage .uae files to define per-game launch parameters which would make it much better in retroarch.

So..... on a related note, is anyone aware of a repository of these .uae files?   I fear they have a specific path in them so that would require each be edited anytime your rompath changes. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure how old the post is but amiga works with retroarch...but it's like badhemi said....u need a config file for each game pointing to the adf or hdf file and Kickstart file... ..once u launch then u kinda figured out what buttons 2 press for the crack if the game has 1....there's an on board keyboard so that's not a problem...I prefer retroarch at the moment because uae4arm won't let u launch to the game...

For the puae core I only made 1 config 2 test and it works...yea it depends on the game name because I think I got 2000 games so it's gonna be a slow process...uae4arm I use for cd32 ..got it down to just a one click launch...as of now it won't launch from wheels but u gotta make configs also  .. if not u will need to load the basic config then load the rom to start...with configs u just click on the config and it launches

Nice....I tried 1 hdf but it didn't load 4 me...I assume it must have been a bios issue because I did everything there step the same....I renamed the bios and all so I may need 2 try with ano there type of bios....for now I'm happy with the adf because it loads ....at the moment I removed all multi disk games....doing that still leaves about 1300 games....which I've made cfg files for....now I'm trying out generic wheels and if that goes good I'll see about doing a universal theme that doesn't include boxart or the cartridge art due to having 2 many missing art because most art I find is for whdload roms...as far as uae4arm...I made cfgs for each cd32 game I got so I just double click on the cfg when it loads and the game boots up perfectly just like openbor or scummvm....it'd be nice to somehow get uae4arm to autoload the cfg but for now I'm ok with just double clicking the cfg file to boot up

Sharing the files won't do any good here because it's mapped out 2 my location and rom names.....I've seen several amiga setups and almost no one has a universal way of doing it....I can help with making them....I'll need a sample cfg from u and your amiga xml....how many games u got and how does the videos line up? ....for now I'm sticking to 1300...most videos aren't matching using fatmatch.. .I notice most videos are for whdload roms and not the adf ones....the generic wheels I'm making will be a work in progress because if the name is long, the letter get shrunk really small instead of using another line maintaining a decent size....I'm trying to learn how to import the xml list of names to a predefined area in photoshop...b4 I left for work today I left photoshop doing a batch process of the generic wheels to be pasted to my generic amiga background carbon wheel I made...I'll post a pic of those when I get out of work

Also I just checked emumovies again and it seems as if most or all amiga media is whdload naming....I think we are a small group relying on adf games.....so now I gotta think about what 2 do about the game theme....maybe I can use a video of an amiga commercial for all games and use characters from amiga games to fill up the rest of the screen in the theme....not the best but alot better than having tons of missing art and videos

Well I lied a little! I went ahead and started making some hdf files made from the whdload packages!! They work a treat so far after making 3!

i have a full set of the packages in .lha compressed format on its way. I should be able to scan that with dons tools and HOPEFULLY get a better match thus making the media match also.

i get the point on the naming thing for .uae files but was think a quick find and replace on the paths with Notepad++ would solve most of it. Then just manually edit the rom names to match. 

I will help you out with the cmd files. But I don't have those systems setup and hopefully next week I'm going to update my MAME collection totally from scratch so will be i while before I'm sorted for testing those again

Archived