Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

10 minutes ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

CDTV titles that I have tested (Well, got to start the game at least, may require further testing)

Works:
Battlestorm
Case of the Cautious Condor
Fantastic Voyage
Global Chaos
Guy Spy
Prehistorik
Raffles
Sim City
Space Wars (Most overly faffy menu I have ever seen in any game ever)
Town With No Name
Turrican
Xenon II (Must Get!)

Works, but....:
Hound of the Baskervilles (Works, but need to set "dPad as Joystick" on port 0, and  "dPad as mouse" on port 1)
Psycho Killer (Works, but need to set "dPad as Mouse" on port 0, and  "dPad as joystick" on port 1)
Mind Run (Loads, but control system needs figuring out)
Tie Break (works, but main menu invisible)
Wrath of the Demon (Works, but uses the right analog stick to control.)

Broken:
Chaos in Andromeda (Nothing, just blank screen)
Log!cal (Starts with splash screen and music, but just goes to blank screen)
Power Pinball (Nothing, just blank screen)
The Curse of RA (Nothing, just blank screen)

We dont have a CDTV thread here. Probably good to start a fresh one with your last 2 posts. Valuable info imo

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

CDTV titles that I have tested (Well, got to start the game at least, may require further testing)

Broken:
Chaos in Andromeda (Nothing, just blank screen)
Log!cal (Starts with splash screen and music, but just goes to blank screen)
Power Pinball (Nothing, just blank screen)
The Curse of RA (Nothing, just blank screen)

I see you're starting to come across the weird control issues now ;)

For what it's worth I've tried the latest uae4arm build on my phone, there is no Chipset extra option for CDTV, just CD32. The Curse of RA works on PC with Winuae providing you use CDTV settings. I've tried CD32 extra chipset and the game won't work it must use the CDTV option. So I don't think there's much hope getting it to work on Android unless the emulator is worked on further.

P.S Yes Xenon II is a MEGA BLAST and is awesome with the CD Audio....and Colin ;)

44 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I see you're starting to come across the weird control issues now ;)

For what it's worth I've tried the latest uae4arm build on my phone, there is no Chipset extra option for CDTV, just CD32. The Curse of RA works on PC with Winuae providing you use CDTV settings. I've tried CD32 extra chipset and the game won't work it must use the CDTV option. So I don't think there's much hope getting it to work on Android unless the emulator is worked on further.

P.S Yes Xenon II is a MEGA BLAST and is awesome with the CD Audio....and Colin ;)

Yeah, but I distinctly remembering the amiga hardware itself having some odd reactions to certain control configurations, the problem of using 2 possible peripheral types for 1 port. The amiga had no 'identify/response' like we have with USB today, so it never knew if you had a joystick or mouse plugged in. If it was a mouse based game and you had a joystick plugged in, you could get the mouse cursor to wiggle a tiny bit if you moved the joystick around. Conversely if it was a 2 player joystick game and you had a mouse plugged in, player 2 just received erratic signals.

There was also a system library or program made so you could control the mouse cursor with the joystick, and it was used in many CD32 (and I guess in some CDTV too) titles that were direct ports from the home computer variants. I think it was called joymouse or something.

But anyway, I digress...

How could I forget about Colin??

• 5 months later...

I am *just* getting into Hyperspin, and realising that Amiga - as usual - is not a smooth setup. Looking at tutorials on YouTube sent me here. Most of them are a year or so old. Has there been any progress in loading through Hyperspin without configuring a bunch of .uae files? Or perhaps someone has bundled all the .use files somewhere handy? I have an .adf romset, but happy to move to WHDload if that works better.

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to get up to speed. Thanks

I should have said... I am using Hyperspin on Android (Nvidea Shield) so a lot of the Windows setup stuff doesn't suit.

I found this tool built for SNES Classic users which can autogenerate .uae scripts. Going to try and use it for my Hyperspin setup and see where it gets me. I think it's the final missing ingredient.

I generated my UAE files, but there is no way to know why UAE4ARM won't load them. It loads and then closes immediately.

I found people posting examples of uae files on here, but the links are all dead

Would someone give me a hint? My .uae conf files look like this:

use_gui=no
show_leds=true
chipset=ocs
cpu_type=68000
chipmem_size=4
fastmem_size=4
gfx_center_vertical=simple
gfx_center_horizontal=simple
sound_channels=mixed
kickstart_rom_file=/storage/36BCE5A7BCE5623B/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga/bios/kick31.rom
filesystem2=ro,DH1:Lemmings2Disk.zip:storage/36BCE5A7BCE5623B/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga/roms/Lemmings_v1.4_2Disk_0132.zip,-128
filesystem2=rw,DH0:SYSTEM:/storage/36BCE5A7BCE5623B/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga/bios/WHDLoad-Game-Launcher,0

Is this not working because I am using .zip roms (this is the romset I found)? I am stumped

Thanks

7 minutes ago, therourke said:

I generated my UAE files, but there is no way to know why UAE4ARM won't load them. It loads and then closes immediately.

I found people posting examples of uae files on here, but the links are all dead

Would someone give me a hint? My .uae conf files look like this:

use_gui=no
show_leds=true
chipset=ocs
cpu_type=68000
chipmem_size=4
fastmem_size=4
gfx_center_vertical=simple
gfx_center_horizontal=simple
sound_channels=mixed
kickstart_rom_file=/storage/36BCE5A7BCE5623B/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga/bios/kick31.rom
filesystem2=ro,DH1:Lemmings2Disk.zip:storage/36BCE5A7BCE5623B/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga/roms/Lemmings_v1.4_2Disk_0132.zip,-128
filesystem2=rw,DH0:SYSTEM:/storage/36BCE5A7BCE5623B/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga/bios/WHDLoad-Game-Launcher,0

Is this not working because I am using .zip roms (this is the romset I found)? I am stumped

Thanks

There are issues with having spaces in the file paths. Need to remove those.

I did post earlier but it seems I didnt hit send on my phone :(

Give the Retroarch PUAE core a shot it does do amiga stuff reasonably well now. Probably best to not use .zip files also

I am having zero luck. With either UAE4ARM or Retroarch. I think it might be my .zip romset, but I can't find a good HDF romset (and with the correct filenames for Hyperspin).

With other Hyperspin packs it was just a case of downloading the whole thing, tweaking a couple of command lines, and everything worked. Amiga has always been a pain :)

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 10:57 PM, therourke said:

I am having zero luck. With either UAE4ARM or Retroarch. I think it might be my .zip romset, but I can't find a good HDF romset (and with the correct filenames for Hyperspin).

With other Hyperspin packs it was just a case of downloading the whole thing, tweaking a couple of command lines, and everything worked. Amiga has always been a pain :)

Retroarch's PUAE core has come a loooong way! It now does Cycle exact emulation and all Amiga variants, so is technically the best emulator on Android. It is very fussy about the kickstart (BIOS) files though, make sure you do a md5 checksum comparison to make sure the files you have renamed are the ones it wants. The kickstarts you have might work with other emulators but PUAE will NOT load games with just any kickstart!

Yes the Amiga is in a bit of a mess. I put my Amiga Forever project on hold until the uncertainty of which emulator to use on Android was cleared up. RetroArch does now look to be the way forward, it can use zip or lha and yes hdf files. I'll look into redoing the Database xml files and renaming the media (I made more assets to fill in the blanks). I'll use the Retroplay WHDLoad lha file pack (any hdf sets are converted from that anyway) BUT I need to do some more testing with RetroArch before I settle on how to rename them. We should be able to avoid a lot of the uae file nonsense, providing the games are named to help the core know which Amiga to use to play them correctly.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Acet said:

Very excited to see this! Just tried the Retroarch core and managed to get a few of my favourite games playing, hoping it can handle multi disk games like Defender of the Crown...

I keep meaning to make an update video for my Amiga forever thread to get people up to speed. I do want to show people how to use the PUAE core as it is very fussy about the revisions of the kickstart (BIOS) files to use.

Any who...Yes Defender of the Crown is a favourite of mine and is part of the WHDLoad set, that's what I'm concentrating on. That's the beauty of WHDLoad, that many of the multi disk games are just one file HOWEVER it does not include every Amiga game BUT it does cover over 3000 titles! If a game isn't included in that set you'd need to source an adf file of the game, if it's multi disk then you do need to worry about uae or m3u files to stack those files in "virtual drives".

I've abandoned Ransom's HDF files for a number of reasons. In short the files are larger than lha files (not his fault that's just how it is) BUT more importantly he ignored my request for static naming. As he keeps changing the names of his HDF files, they are of no use to me as they will go out of sync with the Amiga.xml file I've created for WHDLoad games. As the PUAE core can support lha files I'll just use the original WHDLoad set renamed.

Quick lil addition concerning amiga and cd32 and cdtv....in my own experience and opinion I think it's best also to split the core for each separate system...instructions can be found on retroarch website....also with some homebrew games or even regualr games some will need to have separate uae files to launch properly....doom and doom2 are examples for cd32....I use a slightly older core and making the changes in the options didnt work....the uae file must be edited and that's what will be launched for those particular fastram required games...threw that in there in case anyone gets stuck on a black screen trying to launch those games 

4 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Quick lil addition concerning amiga and cd32 and cdtv....in my own experience and opinion I think it's best also to split the core for each separate system...instructions can be found on retroarch website....also with some homebrew games or even regualr games some will need to have separate uae files to launch properly....doom and doom2 are examples for cd32....I use a slightly older core and making the changes in the options didnt work....the uae file must be edited and that's what will be launched for those particular fastram required games...threw that in there in case anyone gets stuck on a black screen trying to launch those games 

Doom and Doom 2 are NOT official CD32 games, so as far as I'm concerned they should not be included in the CD32 game database. Gloom was the Amiga's "Doom Clone" game, it's an official CD32 game and runs fine from the cue file. From my testing I've not needed uae files at all, even for games that require Fast RAM (iirc there are around 40 of them). The only real problem game I've found is Star Trek 25th Anniversary, as it requires more Fast RAM than the cores auto settings will provide. Not a massive issue as nobody should play the Amiga version, the DOS CD-ROM version is better with the voices from the original cast.

Does anyone have a complete Database.xml file for the Amiga that they could share please? I'm using Honosuseri's pack he kindly posted, but the database file seems to be split into favourites. Just wondered if anyone had this?

7 hours ago, Acet said:

Does anyone have a complete Database.xml file for the Amiga that they could share please? I'm using Honosuseri's pack he kindly posted, but the database file seems to be split into favourites. Just wondered if anyone had this?

I don't remember uploading one! If I did ignore it as it won't be any use now.

The official Hyperspin Amiga.xml won't match the Retroplay WHDLoad set now as it's been constantly updated. A lot of the media for the Amiga is out of whack too and needs renaming. I wanted to try and do the Database to Ransom's HDF pack BUT he keeps renaming the files (although I specifically told him we wanted static naming). So I just renamed the Retroplay lha file set, created a database from that and then renamed all my media, I created some extra stuff to fill in the blanks.

I'm not giving a release date for my Amiga Forever project, it'll be done when it's done. You can always create your own Amiga.xml, make life easy on yourself and only do 20-30 games you really want to play. As you will need to rename the game files and all the media to match.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, Acet said:

https://diskmach.wordpress.com/2019/10/14/commodore-amiga-database/

Some details are explained there. In addition I can say that the naming will be revised later on, probably when the logo set is complete. We are two guys reworking the logos to get them, in our eyes, more accurate and higher quality than they were previously available.

Just now, diskmach said:

https://diskmach.wordpress.com/2019/10/14/commodore-amiga-database/

Some details are explained there. In addition I can say that the naming will be revised later on, probably when the logo set is complete. We are two guys reworking the logos to get them, in our eyes, more accurate and higher quality than they were previously available.

I love the work you do and have no doubt the logos you've created will be better than what I've done for the missing titles.

Obviously it's a pain with the names changing with WHDLoad, I'm trying to cater to Android and PC. RetroArch is the best emulator option for Android now BUT we do need to name the games with tags (e.g "(AGA)" "(Fast)") to help it auto configure itself.

I know you're excluding the demos HOWEVER the Amiga is a little different in that demos often were "bonus levels", often themed for the season like Christmas and not part of the retail release. I'll probably get around to doing a dedicated database for them and try to source the magazine covers for box art.

All the best with it guys...
P.S Thanks again for doing the Psygnosis Owl for me that I use in my Amiga theme!

Hey. Couple of more footnotes.

This was done before PUAE (that I use myself also now) even was available, the (AGA) tag was according to DB guideline recommendations only.

And to be clear, I removed games that had "demo" in the WHDload name, so the mag games, extra level type games, are still there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived