Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Windows 10?

FrankyRizzo

Just because I have a copy of it kicking around and I don't intend to run much other than arcade stuff.

I Recommend that you do all of your file transfers in a territo encrypted tunnel in your house, through a NAS in your house, or through an external drive. But definitely keep the XP PC offline. It's too risky to connect it online. Again my virtual machine was compromised two hours after I installed the last service pack 3 media update from my admin terminal, buried behind a honey pot and a four layer blockade system.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Recommend that you do all of your file transfers in a territo encrypted tunnel in your house, through a NAS in your house, or through an external drive. But definitely keep the XP PC offline. It's too risky to connect it online. Again my virtual machine was compromised two hours after I installed the last service pack 3 media update from my admin terminal, buried behind a honey pot and a four layer blockade system.

WTF is a honey pot and 4 layer blockade system, lol. Sounds awesome.

It's been a while since I've used XP, but I was hoping to just use it with service pack 3 and not have it connect to the Internet.

Not to hijack this, I updated to Windows 10 and now my right click freezes explorer and eventually crashes so I can go on with my life. As long as I don't right click all is good. Why and how do I fix it? Apparently it's a common thing?

There's just been the first update since the anniversary update. Try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to hijack this, I updated to Windows 10 and now my right click freezes explorer and eventually crashes so I can go on with my life. As long as I don't right click all is good. Why and how do I fix it? Apparently it's a common thing?

Weird you should say that, my right click would disappear after the machine has been on for around 30 minutes also windows explorer would not start.

I guessed it may have been the recent update but couldn't be sure. It hasn't done it for a few days now as I've turned off my active desktop (Deskscspes.)

WTF is a honey pot and 4 layer blockade system, lol. Sounds awesome.

It's been a while since I've used XP, but I was hoping to just use it with service pack 3 and not have it connect to the Internet.

Ok so, on a server rack system a honey pot is the admin term used for a part of the system that is left open on the network for hackers to get into and be monitored to quickly get noticed and brought to a halt. A blockade is the level of security and encryption that is used in a servers closed network system to its open protocol system to its virtual open network system. Encryption, firewalls, VPN, static and dynamic white listed IPv6 address channel watches in a monitored database. What I'm getting at, is that the virtual XP system was able to be hacked directly bypassing all of those security measures almost into our mainframe system at my work, because of the open security holes now completely left open from the deprecated Windows XP. I hope that this answered your question. I just don't want anybody here having to acquire anymore problems that aren't HS then they need, or want.

Just trying to help out, that's all.

Ok so, on a server rack system a honey pot is the admin term used for a part of the system that is left open on the network for hackers to get into and be monitored to quickly get noticed and brought to a halt. A blockade is the level of security and encryption that is used in a servers closed network system to its open protocol system to its virtual open network system. Encryption, firewalls, VPN, static and dynamic white listed IPv6 address channel watches in a monitored database. What I'm getting at, is that the virtual XP system was able to be hacked directly bypassing all of those security measures almost into our mainframe system at my work, because of the open security holes now completely left open from the deprecated Windows XP. I hope that this answered your question. I just don't want anybody here having to acquire anymore problems that aren't HS then they need, or want.

Just trying to help out, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

So overall is it worth upgrading to 10 guys? I'm asking because I recently found out that the Xbone chat pad has an official driver and imo that is the answer to having the ultimate controller for a htpc.

Finally can map the systems that use keypad controllers (Colecovision, Intellivision, etc.) use native save/load state buttons, blah blah blah.

But....the driver only works on Win 10. Plus my Xbone controller does not like to sync a lot of times when I power on my PC l, but I think that's because the drivers that M$ released for 8.1 are not Native like Win 10.

EDIT: According to M$'s website, it says it supports Windows 10 only but on the support page for the Xbone wireless adapter for Windows it says the chatpad works on 7, 8 and 10. Guess I'll pick one up and just try it out.

• 1 year later...

Archived