Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

And so it begins....:)

danwelsh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Newb here.  Making slow headway though.  Here's my design that I'm working on.
6qA4BQP.png

Still working through a LOT of bugs, software wise.

i.e. Controller setup, Steam issues, marquees sometimes load, othertimes not.

Interesting. Kind of a pedestal, but with the screen attached.

I'd recommend not using a Tank Stick though and building your own CP with an encoder. Probably save you some headaches and look much better.

What are your Steam issues?

Yeah, screen is also on a floating mount too- so when you sit to race, the screen comes forward and down (so you can see).

I'm not competent enough with my current skillset to build a control panel, but I do plan on heavily modding my tankstick with graphics as well as moving the Player 1/2 buttons (who thought right in front of the trackball would be good???).

Steam doesn't like to launch for me.  I have a few games installed on this terminal, but most aren't and am using inhome streaming.  Regardless, not one game will launch from HS.

On a side note, I got my steering wheel setup to work with home streaming by installing Usb Redirector (PITA, to be honest).

HSHelper sometimes loads, others not. (Set to load on start in HyperHQ) On top of that, I don't understand why I don't have any other marquees- only the custom png I made shows.

Many problems, but luckily lots of time.  :)

edit: To clarify, none of the items on my screenshot are wishlisted- I have them all and am working on wiring layouts and such in the background.

Are you building it so the screen also rotates for vert and pinball? I imagine so as that's one of the big benefits to going with this style.

I've never heard of HSHelper, nor do I launch anything from HyperHQ so I can't help you there.

Ok HardRom I'm not trying to be negative but you said you are not competent enough with your current skillset to build your own control panel but you want to take on a build like this with folding doors to hide wheel and pedals??? I worry for you!! The control panel is the easiest part aside from the wiring part which always sucks!! Good luck to you and don't be afraid to ask for advice as I feel youre going to need it!!

Woodworking is easy, running wires is easy.  Setting up and wiring a button panel so it doesn't light on fire and/or kill a parakeet?  Not my forte.  Already have the folding doors built, got the track sliders and mounts.  :)

Newb here.  Making slow headway though.  Here's my design that I'm working on.

Still working through a LOT of bugs, software wise.

i.e. Controller setup, Steam issues, marquees sometimes load, othertimes not.

this is very nice,  but  why would you add a tank stick?

this is like building a Super Car and adding a Volkswagen bug engine.  

this is very nice,  but  why would you add a tank stick?

this is like building a Super Car and adding a Volkswagen bug engine.  

I guess I'll take this as friendly pretentiousness ?

There's no guide I found prior to me starting this project that says

Buy This.  Then That. Then all your magical dreams will come true.

I bought a tankstick so I could play golf, fighting games, pinball.  THEN I decided to actually look into a frontend/cabinet/hardware. 

I just wanted to play some classic games that I'd meticulously moved and backed up over the last 10 years or so for reasons that never came to light until I started with HS.

But... thanks?

I'm not trying to belittle your choices,  after all its your cab do what you want with it.

A tankstick as its advantages,  but it also has allot of limitations; when it comes to trying to control multiple emulators.

if you have the skills and tools to make such a unique cabinet.  Why would you would settle for the limitations of a tankstick.

A custom controller is going to look better but it will also fulfill all your functional needs.

• 2 months later...

Spent the last 5 days making a spinner control....used a deathadder old gaming mouse, I went through 4 different mice trying to get this spinner working and finally today finish it up, custom knob I did myself.....arkanoid is actually more fun now :)

post-75899-0-27627400-1471396439_thumb.jpeg

post-75899-0-57615500-1471396464_thumb.jpeg

That's dedication. Sounds like you spent more in time than it would have been to just buy one.

Yes I definitely did.....but I don't like to fail so I'm persistent and most times it works out....besides I enjoy doing stuff like that :). Just gotta get the right surface for tracking now, black doesn't work at all....since I took that pic I cleaned the sharpie off and it tracks much better now but not perfect so I'm gonna glue white paper to it and see what happens....and oh yeah I get 21 seconds spin time so imo the time was well spent

• 4 weeks later...

Nice. I still need to add a coin door to mine, but waiting to do it at the same time I rebuild my CP, which is waiting on info I can never seem to get answered (will an ultimate IPAC with U360s work with both TTX and AAE update #2?). I don't really want to buy 1k in parts to discover it wont do what I want once it arrives.

... Also, why are your fingers so dirty? What have you been up to?

Sent from my SM-G935V

Nice. I still need to add a coin door to mine, but waiting to do it at the same time I rebuild my CP, which is waiting on info I can never seem to get answered (will an ultimate IPAC with U360s work with both TTX and AAE update #2?). I don't really want to buy 1k in parts to discover it wont do what I want once it arrives.

... Also, why are your fingers so dirty? What have you been up to?

Sent from my SM-G935V

Lol....i work in carbon black at work.....it's always coming out of my pores even after i wash or it could be spraypaint since i resprayed the door that day......

Archived