Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Zen Pinball FX2 PC Release on May 10th

scottpe

That looks good. I downloaded it from steam and put it on the cab. I noticed that you cannot change the buttons other than what is pre defined. That sucks although the buttons map to my setup so it wont be a huge issue. Biggest thing for me is i dont have a mouse and keyboard attached to my cab so navigating is a pain at the moment. Really looking forward to a solution to launch this from within HP.

I just downloaded the demo, figured I would test it out on my cab before buying. Anyone know how to flip the screen to vertical mode? I tried the "C" button as defined for the view and that doesn't appear to be it.

Also, you can remap the buttons, its under settings and the in the top left you can select controls.

Thanks

You have to flip you monitor... you can't do it inside the game. you can use a program like was linked to in this thread or switch your resolution orientation. Either way, it is too much of a pain in the ass for me to bother with. So unless they make some program changes for it to be more Cabinet friendly, I will not be bothering with it. For no feedback, no back glass, no DMD and no Portrait support, I will keep my money.

Ok here is where I am with this,so far its installed on my HTPC and an upright cab with a rotating monitor but not my pincab.

Why? well to me its very much a video game so suits my mame cab with the monitor rotated vertical and the screen flipped into portrait, but its just too video gamish and busy for my pincab at presant.

Personally I see my pincab as a pin-sim so pinballfx just does not feel right to me in there and yes I know thats a bit of an oxymoron as its one big video game cabinet.

Also I just can not see myself adding steam to my install, but totally understand its use as a distribution platform.

What I think I will do though is add a win7 dual boot with steam set as a shell to it with the monitor pre set into portrait and the keys remapped.

For those wanting to add it to hyperpin see here....

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=24435#entry225215

This version is almost identical to the Win8 version I put into my cab and posted a video of before, but hopefully it will mature into a mature cabinet version.

I noticed in the task manager there are no less than 3 Steam executables running while Pinball FX2 is loaded and even when exiting FX2 the Steam exes still hang around like all good Spyware. I have the cabinet offline now and in fact I kill the Steam exes as soon as I have launched FX2 and it runs fine. Therefore some of you might want to extend Sir Cheddars FPLaunch mod to kill the steam exes as soon as FX2 is loaded and/or on exit from FX2, just so they don't hang around hogging resources from your VP/FP tables. Valve should be ashamed of themselves.

DMD fix should hopefully come in the near future. Zen have a pinDMD and I think are in the process of obtaining a DMD / interfacing the pinDMD with there software.

I emailed PinballArcade as well about integration but never got a response back.

DMD fix should hopefully come in the near future. Zen have a pinDMD and I think are in the process of obtaining a DMD / interfacing the pinDMD with there software.

I emailed PinballArcade as well about integration but never got a response back.

Sounds promising on Zens part, fingers crossed!

Is it possible to run in offline mode....with all the tables?

How about the Backglass images?

Where is the DMD at the moment?

I'm running mine offline and works fine on all tables!

The DMD sits on the playfield at the moment

Archived