Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Zen Pinball FX2 PC Release on May 10th

scottpe

Been a long time coming...

From Zen's site:

On May 10th, Pinball FX2™ will be available on Steam as a free platform download for all users! Pinball FX2 will release with a huge lineup of in-game DLC including tables from*Star Wars Pinball*and*Marvel Pinball*series, as well as Zen Studios originals:

Star Wars Pinball

Marvel Pinball

Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles

Pinball FX2 Core Collection

Zen Classics

XP is supported AND portrait mode at release.

Minimum configuration:

OS Version - Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

Processor - Single Core CPU @ 1.6GHz

Memory - 512 MB

Graphics - GeForce 6600 / Radeon 9800

Network - Broadband Internet Connection

Directx version- Directx 9.0

Disk space - 1200 MB

Sound card - DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:

OS Version - Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

Processor - Dual Core CPU @ 2.00GHz

Memory - 1024 MB

Graphics - GeForce 8800 / Radeon HD 3850

Network - Broadband Internet Connection

Directx version- Directx 9.0c

Disk space - 1500 MB

Sound card - DirectX compatible sound card

Sweet!!! Hopefully we will be able to launch steam based games through HyperPin some day.

My pclauncher has full support for steam and SBP. After HL is out of beta, you can use my code to get this to work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Does anyone know if there going to be an issue with navigation and high score entry? as on the version of Zen Pinball 2 that i have on my iMac, you need cursor keys to perform both of these tasks (or a mouse/trackpad for navigation)

DMD will hopefully be taken care of soonish :)

Interesting :). I'll at least have feedback for my flippers since my contactors work with the button press (mainly for zen and Farsight). I say feed back for Farsight tables will be a lot more feesable since they use the actually rom to emulate their tables. Not sure if we will ever see feedback on zen?

Not a steam user myself and notice that an internet connection is needed, is this more to gain the DLC or is it more an activation thing?.

I do not want my pincab on any networks, so really am only interested in it if it can be activated locally, anyone know the score?.

Edit: I hate online drm, it's becoming more 'popular' unfortunately. Yes I think it should be punished, but it doesn't justify straight out pirating it.

If it requires an (always on) internet connection, I'll reconsider buying it and probably go straight to a torrent rip.

edit: k, this was just a rant. I think it was a little misleading how they presented it on steam. I'm not advocating just pirating everything, I was just a little disappointed. I thought this post being a bit over the top kinda insinuated this.

k, I just decided to pirate this game, actually they made me! I looked it up in on the steam site, and to my surprise it had a green "Play now" button in stead of "Buy now", so I though yes! they'll let you play at least one table for free in the hope you buy more!

I install steam on my dads laptop, download & install the game and start it up, Alright here we go! but wait what.... ALL FUCKING TABLES ARE LOCKED, not even 1 is playable. fck this shit, I'm out of here. Why did they let me download this! Why create the expectation! Screw you guys! You'll never see my money!

I should've figured when the 1st logo I saw was Microsoft studios.....

I'll actually be buying this with all tables most likely. I want to support Farsight and Zen as much as possible so they keep releasing updates and new tables. No support = no new tables. Wifi is readily available now days so a networked cab really isn't an issue (mine will be hardwired).

I don't think it'll be online only, can't see why. I'm not a online player so all my current Steam titles are available offline. I also didn't expect them to launch with anything for free, that's that way all these company's are now-a-days. I don't want to pay for the same darn titles again but I might depending on how well it all functions. Without DMD support though, I'm not interested.

The one thing that does drive me crazy is that these games aren't truly random. I've seen my ball go in directions and get saved from drain lanes etc without any input from myself. I believe the physics have a helping hand to make them more playable for everyone. That's not why I'm here. I want as real as real gets.

Edit: yes I have a harder time keeping my composure due to some personal issues. I just think calling me a bastard was a little insulting and it made me quite angry. Do you know anything about me? Maybe if you did, you would've read in between the lines a little more. I haven't seen you around before, so that didn't help the case for me

Hey, take in mind this is just a rant, I'll probably just end up buying it anyway. You can call me cheap, whatever bro, just go download your roms, or do you actually own all of them?! Well roms are actually a bit of a different story, but c'mon, you're not gonna tell me you never pirated anything, lol, on your high horse. Don't fall off.

To calling me a bastard, well thanks & FUCK YOU.

You can play offline mode.

Thats good news!, I have no problem at all buying a licence however if it had needed an always on connection then yes then I would of been using a cracked version to get around this.

Would of had to turn on some network related services otherwise, and thats just not something I want to do ( I think thats maybe what THK was saying also).

Ok so I have installed this on my win7 HTPC as a test and wow isnt steam a clunky PITA?.

Anyway THK even though the tables have a lock key on the icons you can still play a demo in single player.

I caved in and bought the starwars set (less than £7.00) and in normal desktop I think it all looks a bit small but with the desktop rotated its night and day.

One thing of interest is an app called irotate that enables you to change into portrait mode and back again with a hotkey find it HERE.

So I still need steam installed to start a game, but am thinking that I will just throw another drive in my xp64 cab and install win7 on it just for this.

Archived