Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Who has this cabinet from Xtension

SubZero

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the route I'm going but I plan to build my own... for the price of that thing and what it actually is... it's better to just build your own but I see their selling point... because they are definitely targeting to the folks that have the cash to burn and don't want to build.

whats a good distance between the screen and arcade stick (using a LCD TV 32")? 

I may take a shortcut and build a table top and mount it on something from IKEA.

So my buddy that owns this Xtension cab is designing a cab to be made out of corrugated plastic. He works in the packaging industry. If you have the tools and access to that material it is much easier to work with than MDF or anything of the sort. It is also much easier to finish. It will be interesting to see how it turns out because we can definitely see fabricating a few for personal use.

But back to the Xtension cab, let me know if you need better measurements. I can take photos next time.

• 1 month later...

I will have it CNC cut and will built it myself, that;s the joy part of this hobby right. and that way i can make changes as i go along to fit my needs. i would have build it now but hey most of us ducth guys dont have a garage to build it in right? plus my girl would kill me if i would build it in the house lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, it took a while but stage one is finally complete we have a cab on paper, (thanks to Frank Drebin) second stage will be making it into a CNC file and add the speaker pattern,round edges and so on.

VerSfGc.png

• 1 month later...

Well, it took a while but stage one is finally complete we have a cab on paper, (thanks to Frank Drebin) second stage will be making it into a CNC file and add the speaker pattern,round edges and so on.

VerSfGc.png

Hello Sub-zero, can you upload or send a copy of the sketchup plans? please, recroommasters  don't delivery  to spain  so I  have to do it.

I have the Sit-Down pedestal from rec-room masters for over a year now and it is awesome. 

Just a heads up sub-zero, before I ordered mine I emailed customer service and asked if they have any discounts or checkout codes. They gave me $100 off my order.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Sit-Down pedestal from rec-room masters for over a year now and it is awesome. 

Just a heads up sub-zero, before I ordered mine I emailed customer service and asked if they have any discounts or checkout codes. They gave me $100 off my order.

I am not gonna buy it ii am building my own versiion ;) there's look good but it can be better.

Oh..my..gosh!

I first saw this thread today and started from the beginning. And, as I read through it, got exited about Sub-Zero talking about releasing his CAD plans way back in November 2015.

As I'm reading I'm thinking to myself, "Oh, those poor bastards waiting on his plans for weeks! But I'm halfway through 2016, the plans are sure to have shown up in a subsequent post. And I'll have them!"

But, no! I get all the way to the end of the thread and see a post from Sub-Zero posted this very day: "Almost there..."

FML. :cray:

The only thing that makes it worthwhile it is that I'm sure somebody is reading my words in 2017 saying, "Poor bastard! But I'm from the future...the plans are sure to be available by now! Wait, what?!"

"Give me just a little more time..." :mocking:

(By the way, I really do appreciate all the information people have taken the time and effort to provide on this site. It's an invaluable resource to a newb like me. THANK YOU!)

I'd like to have them. thanks. do you have pics of your build?

I have it! Take care of the measures and check it if you plan to build one. I did last minute changes on the fly and i'm not sure if this are modified on the plans.

My cab isn't finished yet. I have to put the cristal and add some USB/Network ports in the front under the TV.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49664334/Arcade.zip

P.D. My cab is based on the one in the video. I'm not the genuine designer. I only designed the control panel. 

Archived