Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wheels keep on spinnin' spinnin'

eezetee

I've transplanted my system into a new cabinet.  Not sure what's going on by the main menu upon start just starts scrolling and won't stop until I move the trackball or push some buttons.

It's the weirdest thing.  It's as if a button is stuck or something leaning on the up or down arrow.

Does anyone know of a utility that I can see exactly what is being sent to the computer as keystrokes, joystick, trackball movements?

In hyperHQ make sure joysticks are unchecked as well as trackball and spinner.

I had the same problem. Wouldn't unchecked the joystick disable my control joystick? (i'm using a joystick from the control panel, not xbox controllers).

I might have to transition my Hyperspin to 1.4  as Giga stated to see what happens.

That's what i'd been trying to find out.....does everyone uses JoyToKey or a keymapper, and if so do that means i can disable Joystick in HyperHQ?  Trying to learn how to config JoyToKey in RLHQ

You shouldnt need joy2key or xmapper, just go into hyperhq, go to controls and set your buttons for your controls in hyperspin.  ie, P1 up = up arrow, etc, then when your done save it and your good to go. The important thing to know is that once you select your emulator and game from hyperspin it simply hands that off to RocketLauncher and is done. RocketLauner actually launches the game and from there the emulator running your game will be using any keymapping you have setup in that emulator. As for your emulators, you configure those keys inside each emulator, (eg, mame controls are set using the tab key inside mame) After you exit a game, control goes back to hyperspin and the process continues.. etc, etc,  

And just a FYI, joy2key and xmapper are simply tools that let you map JOYSTICK (ie, gamepads, Xbox controllers, etc) as keyboard keys since they are seen in windows as USB Joysticks and not as keyboards (95% of all the joysticks in arcade cabinets emulate keyboard keys and are not actual joysticks) Trackballs and Spinners just emulate mice and show up as such in windows so they arent recognized as joysticks or keyboards. When you see people selling interface boards for joysticks, trackballs and spinnners (ie, Ultimarc Ultimate I/O, or xarcades stuff, etc) they are simply usb devices that show up in windows as a keyboard and mouse, and in turn send commands from the joysticks and trackballs and spinners and send them to windows as keyboard and mice commands.

Technically im the winner but I could give a shit... your post said "MAY need to uncheck trackball"  while mine (posted 45 minutes after yours) was actually fact and stated as much.

But i dont need any pizza anyway, so enjoy.

• 1 year later...

hey guys. my wheels start spinning after 30 sec or so. I have a VLC Media Player Wheel with Movies and I set the Cinematic Trailers as Video. As these Videos are mostly 1-2min, i cannot watch until the end because the wheels starts spinning quickly. i have to press a key button to stop it. I have unchecked trackball, spinner and joysticks in hyperHQ. I use Joytokey and it works fine. I only got this problem with the spinning wheel after 30sec. I hope anyone can help? kind regards

Archived