Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

bodbod

Hi All,

I joined the forum recently and I can only tell that this is very well done, so first of all a big congrats to the guys for all the hard work behind the scenes.
On my side, I just wanted to share my 2 cents on how to build an arcade machine, this one is a bit different as it will also be used for storing my wine and to manage it on top of the normal emulation.

dkabinet-beta.jpg?w=736img_7840.jpg.b88420fe20a8162ee0f20052425720be.jpg

imag0528.jpg.5cbc0393b7753008cff0045e87017de1.jpg   imag0529.jpg.85af10d178e9fbef86ffc34dcf3cc38b.jpg

I did use hyperspin for a time but finally moved to another solution called retro-fe. Both communities helped a lot and I thank them for this.

Video Link : https://youtu.be/CyViqOhJYw4

Tutorial : https://autarcica.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/arcave-machine/

Hope this can help, thanks.

I like seeing some of the more unique build approaches to the arcade cabinet, especially with all the extra space underneath.

My only question, and I don't know a lot about the subject, is; Wine is usually kept cool/chilled right? Do you have some kind of insulation to keep the heat of the computer parts from affecting the wine?

Either way, pretty cool!

Hi SkyHigh,

Thanks for the reply, regarding to your question, as I have mentioned in the blog :

Of course, some purists will always argue that nothing is better than a real cave with a proper temperature (10 to 14°C) but I believe that wine can be safely conserved if bottles are lying on the length with no light and without temperature variation. Concerning the humidity, I am living in Ireland – problem solved ! Finally for the ambient temperature, it is around 19°C and we are living in an old whiskey distillery so this is not a bad place for storing the wine. 

Concerning the heat issue, I have a layer of Styrofoam doing the job between the top and bottom part. As well, the MoBo + HDD + Power supply are attached on the Cabinet sides to reduce heat transfer.

Heat is normally going up and there is an extractor on the top to cool down the light section close to the marquee.

I did not want to go for the full option for budget reasons and also because of the compressor noise + electricity cost draining.

You cannot see yet on the blog but there will be a door and ball bearing racks to pull each "wine clayette" as we call them in French.

The other potential issue was the bottle noise when bumping to each others if we have hard players shaking the Cabinet. This has been addressed by calculating the space between the bottles + possibility to move the baguette support to store different bottle shapes (like Burgundy bottles...)

I will give an update once I am done with it, currently working on the software piece in the meantime as I am still waiting for some parts.

Tchuss !

I like the idea but maybe there's a little design "flaw"... if someone has to take a bottle he will annoy whoever is playing the arcade. Have you tried a design with bottles access on the two sides?

I like the idea but maybe there's a little design "flaw"... if someone has to take a bottle he will annoy whoever is playing the arcade. Have you tried a design with bottles access on the two sides?

As I read that, I thought you were going in a different direction... like if someone grabbed a bottle after getting mad at losing and smashed player 2 in the face with it. lol

Well, just press "Pause", I guess that works fine this way... and openings on the sides may be an issue depending how you place your arcade with the walls...

both activities are not done to be performed at the same time but to be honest it is not a big issue for me. :)

• 5 months later...

Archived