Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What's the easiest way to run Daphne with Hyperspin roms or iso?

Drachen Zor

I'm trying to understand how Hyperspin will communicate with the Daphne emulator an make a game play... I feel like roms make sense because then it would work like mame but I can not for the life of me figure out how to make the roms work with Daphne. Mounting an iso so far has been the easiest rout but I'm confused on how Hyperspin will mount it the iso & then tell the emulator what game to play. so just wanting to be pointed in the best or easiest direction as far as rom Vs iso?... Which method has the best functionality with Hyperspin basically?

neither!!!!!! it uses the frame file, your rom extension will be txt.

if you are using RocketLauncher all you need to do is

1. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WORKS OUTSIDE OF HYEPRSPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. add daphne emulator paths to your global emulator settings Hypespin uses the daphne.exe NOT THE DAPHNELOADER.exe

3. add the daphne global emulator to your system

4 set your rom paths, ( location of your frame files)

and the most important thing is Play Daphne games in your hyperspin system!!!!!!

this should take you less then 30 seconds once you have your Dahpne emulator up and running outside of hyperspin

neither!!!!!! it uses the frame file, your rom extension will be txt.

if you are using RocketLauncher all you need to do is

2. add daphne emulator paths to your global emulator settings Hypespin uses the daphne.exe NOT THE DAPHNELOADER.exe

3. add the daphne global emulator to your system

4 set your rom paths, ( location of your frame files)

and the most important thing is Play Daphne games in your hyperspin system!!!!!!

this should take you less then 30 seconds once you have your Dahpne emulator up and running outside of hyperspin

Yup so true on hl2 Daphne took me a long time to set up on RL its like boom your done after only a couple clicks.

you do not have any ISOs please stop saying that, you have Mpeg files ripped from the original arcade Laser Discs.

Daphne does not use deamon tools or ISOs in any way shape or form!!!!!!!

Unless you have ISOs made from the Digital Leisure DVDs, and you are trying to decrypt Space Ace, Dragon's Lair or Thayers Quest

AKA: Daphne is asking you to insert a DVD to play this games.

in witch case you can delete your ISO once you decrypted your Mpeg files.

YOU WILL ALWAYS NEED YOUR MPEG FILES !!!!! DO NOT DELETE THEM

files found in Drive:\\Daphne v1.0.12\vldp_dl\

but it sounds like you cant get past step 1

seems like you need a tutorial on how to set up Daphne, once you have Daphne up and running, you can ask questions on how to set it up in hyperspin.

you do not have any ISOs please stop saying that, you have Mpeg files ripped from the original arcade Laser Discs.

Daphne does not use deamon tools or ISOs in any way shape or form!!!!!!!

Unless you have ISOs made from the Digital Leisure DVDs, and you are trying to decrypt Space Ace, Dragon's Lair or Thayers Quest

AKA: Daphne is asking you to insert a DVD to play this games.

in witch case you can delete your ISO once you decrypted your Mpeg files.

YOU WILL ALWAYS NEED YOUR MPEG FILES !!!!! DO NOT DELETE THEM

files found in Drive:\\Daphne v1.0.12\vldp_dl\

but it sounds like you cant get past step 1

seems like you need a tutorial on how to set up Daphne, once you have Daphne up and running, you can ask questions on how to set it up in hyperspin.

This - run Daphne loader, select Dragon's Lair and follow the prompts. Once working this way follow the above steps to install in Hyperspin.

Daphne will download parts it needs and will move the audio/video from the Digital Leisure DVD's which would be located in your DVD drive. If you do not have the Digital Leisure DVD's then you are out of luck as Daphne needs these during first run to get the source file from.

Guys, 1 question. I had my Daphne setup years ago and has been just sitting on a drive until I started to play around with Hyperspin. All of my games work with Daphne Loader. I was trying to set it up with hyperspin but I saw that you need to point the roms folder to the framefiles. I can't find my frame files. The framefiles folder is empty but they must be somewhere because everything works.

What exactly am I looking for? It's been years since I set this up.

thx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Follow the Tutorials for Daphne and Daphne-Singe (posted above) and then read the rest of the posts in those threads

Here's the link again: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/2161-complete-guide-for-daphne-in-hyperspin-and-RL/?hl=%2Bdaphne+%2Bhyperspin

They really need to get these tutorials linked or placed in the tutorials section. They're hard to find with a search.

I setup Daphne some time ago, works great. I recently decided to try to setup singe but "singe engine dot Com" is gone! If someone could point me in the direction of where to get the emulator that would be cool.

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Tapatalk

Archived