Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Announcing HyperPin Digital Pinball Frontend

BadBoyBill

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Emuloader is nothing like HyperPin, or HyperSpin for that matter. The initial install will only have a handful of games to choose from as it is for beta testing. However, you can easily configure HyperPin so that it uses screenshots of the playfields instead of videos. This will trim down the size a lot.

man Bill...you're killing me. Is there any way you can put the rest of your life on hold so that 100% of your time can be focused on finishing this lovely piece of software for those of us who are too impatient to wait?? ....please...?

Maybe it woud be a good point to have the videos as a seperate download and only have screenshots in the install.

Any Release Date?

Can I configure it to use FP and Sierra's 3D Ultra Pinballs?

Or I will be able to play only the games that come with it?

About the downloads, I only want the software.

any new ETA on this? I'm dying to use it and see it....i actually have always been more addicted to pinball emulation even more so than MAME emulation.

It will support VP 9 right? Someone said that it would...

VP9 was so hard to setup it drove me nuts and i gave up. It's very confusing to get it working just right with the 16x9 tables and the backglass on the 2nd monitor.

Im trying to aim for next weekend to release, were doing lots of release artwork right now and are progressing at a steady rate. It does support visual pinball, I found it quite easy to setup. I thought it would be hard but it was pretty straight forward. The backglasses will be the frontend displaying for VP I think. Since most games I think dont even really use a backglass in VP. But you can move the dmd to the backglass.

awesome BBB....man i cant wait seriously. I'm anxious to see the VP9 setup. that has been a nightmarish frustration for a lot of people....

its cool that they added 16x9 back glass support for a 2nd monitor in VP9 but if its too hard to setup the it kind of kills it all. like i said i tried it for a couple days to setup it up but was way too hard. and you have to mess with quirky resolutions too much

thx for all your hard work man...

i wish they would convert Scapino's Cirqus Voltaire and Twilight Zone to 16x9!!!!

Yea HP isn't using the back box part of vp. It seems a lot of people can't get it set up right, I know I couldn't. I have set up a bunch of jp salas tables for 16:9 fullscreen view (no backglass) and they look sweet. HP handles the backglass image. I just got permission to release them. So they will be posted soon at vpf.org.

Yea HP isn't using the back box part of vp. It seems a lot of people can't get it set up right, I know I couldn't. I have set up a bunch of jp salas tables for 16:9 fullscreen view (no backglass) and they look sweet. HP handles the backglass image. I just got permission to release them. So they will be posted soon at vpf.org.

Thats great news dude, cheers for converting JP's tables - hope the Guns n Roses or any of the JPG-Pins are there! (not easy if you have no skills with the editor & moving reels like me!)

Sorry if this is a silly question - with Hyperpin are we going to be able to switch between FP & VP without exiting the frontend and changing screen resolutions? I remember when trying VP9 I had to change to a vertical stretch of 2 screens to get full size playfield.

Thanks again, really looking forward to this release! :)

Sorry if this is a silly question - with Hyperpin are we going to be able to switch between FP & VP without exiting the frontend and changing screen resolutions?

Yes you can swtich between FP and VP via the genre menu, HyperPin starts off the wheel with "All Games" which will mix the FP and VP lists together to make one big wheel. Then you can choose genres from there.

But you can choose your starting genre. We added this feature yesterday. You can start out in either "All Games" , "Future Pinball" , "Visual Pinball" or "Favorites. I think that alot of people will want to start off in the "Favorites" Genre, this is because you can pick the cleanest tables to show off when HP starts. Your favorites can have FP and VP games mixed up on one clean wheel. Then if you want to go and see all the rest of the tables, simply go to the genre menu and select "All Games" and you will be in the full wheel. I will be picking my favorite tables and having HP start with those.

Whats good about the genre system that unlike HyperSpin, theres only 2 xml files that you'll ever deal with. A FP one and a VP one. The genres are already built into those xml files. So there will not be genre xml's like HS. This makes it more manageable but loses the benefit that HS has of custom genre's. But we have just about all the genre's covered already in our official lists. I like this way better.

Im sure brycej or unclewilly can chime in on how they feel this system works for them.

No HP isn't using the spanning. You'll have to adjust the cabinet tables to just use the pf monitor. Stretch them so just the of shows, then hp will put a backglass image on the second screen

if that's the case, then the many existing 16:9 tables won't run as is - that makes hp a lot less appealing if I have to go resize everything. I'll need to move all the DMDs also?

Although, the decision to use spanning probably won't stand - with Vista, etc not working the same way. (I guess they were following the ultra-pin model.)

Sounds good Guys,

I have recently loaded VP into my cab, (thanks Uncle Willy), not using the span option, impossible to work with using HDMI cables etc, so the option to use playfield screen with HP doing the work to display the backbox art is great.

This is going to be one great peice of software :beer:

Cheers Buzz