Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Announcing HyperPin Digital Pinball Frontend

BadBoyBill

hyperpin_small.png

Several people have been making some awesome pinball cabinets with large flat screen monitors and even lcd tv's. I have been wanting to make one for a while but just barely bought my lcd I need to run the games vertically. Billpa's has a itch to build one to and has convinced me to start this side project and also has been active over there and is going to start contributing artwork to some of their projects.

So far everything runs awesome, Circo from emumovies came over to my house today to check it out and help record the video. He now has the itch to build one to.

HyperPin's interface is based on the Ultrapin design, which is a really cool commercial cab that allows you to choose from a variety of pinball games.

But to have one in your home your gonna spend a good chunk of change.

I am going to start my build next week, and really wanted to have the software side going first then build the cab up from there.

Sorry for the slightly blurry video, but you'll get the idea.

zkVYnnudHdM

And here are some screens:

Intro Video:

HyperPinScreen0.jpg

Big Spender Pinball: By Polygame & Popotte

HyperPinScreen1.jpg

Dead Hunters by Blindmankind

HyperPinScreen2.jpg

As for the frontend here are main features:

-Supports both Future Pinball and Visual Pinball

-Supports f4v video format for preview videos and png format for preview images.

-Dual Monitor support, you can preview videos or images on the playfield area and images on the secondary monitor or backglass.

-All images and videos are named after a common description so they never have to be updated, so when you upgrade tables you just have to update you database with your new version.

-Many other features.

I hope this gets alot of people interested in using Future Pinball and Visual Pinball, theres alot of really nice tables and you really must see it in person

HyperPin should be ready for a beta release soon, I have a few loose ends to tie up with keyboard controls and resolution stuff.

Thanks to Chris Leathley for Future Pinball.

Thanks to Polygame for Big Spender and Dark Quest and sending us artwork to use in HyperPin.

Thanks to Blindmankind for Dead Hunters, Road Girls and Three Angels and sending us artwork to use also.

Thanks to Brendan Bailey aka pinwizkid for Blue Vs Pink and sending us artwork to use.

Thanks to all the Visual Pinball table creators for allowing us to share modded tables for HyperPin.

And thanks to all the other table creators.

Billpa for creating the HP logo and Intro video which is awesome,

and Uncle Willy for helping me on the ins and outs of FP and VP and providing me with already modifed tables and artworks. He was a great help.

Wish me luck with my cab project. Thanks.

Edited by BadBoyBill

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I thought Hyperspin was bad enough for my wallet (need guns and a driving cab) and my marriage. What do think the wife is going to do when I rip the 42" LCD off the living room wall and start building a pin cab???? Hyperspin/Hyperpin should include a free 10% off a divorce lawyer coupon.

Amazing Bill...this looks awesome. Pinball wheel art...here we go. Looks like a good layout for a vertical hyperspin too. I promise I'll start making vertical themes if you do a vert hyperspin.

I've been eyeing the FuturePin homebrew tables with lust and envy myself. I'm glad to see you're supporting this. I want to build a pinball machine really bad, but first I better finish the Mame cabinet, and then I need to make some more money. Like you said -- it's gonna set me back a big chunk of change and I'm already out a big chunk of change on the Mame cab with all its multiple controllers and increasingly high end PC (I want to run Future Pinball on it, too). So was this the double top secret project?

Okay, I thought Hyperspin was bad enough for my wallet (need guns and a driving cab) and my marriage. What do think the wife is going to do when I rip the 42" LCD off the living room wall and start building a pin cab???? Hyperspin/Hyperpin should include a free 10% off a divorce lawyer coupon.

Amazing Bill...this looks awesome. Pinball wheel art...here we go. Looks like a good layout for a vertical hyperspin too. I promise I'll start making vertical themes if you do a vert hyperspin.

I second that. Life would be so much easier if I went gay with a clone of myself but I can't get over the whole "D*ck" thing. LOL

guess I have to ask if this was the super-secret project too. Also, what kind of resolutions are we talking here (and therefore CPU req's) I'm guessing that this is gonna require more power than HS (which is fine). but can it run at 1080 (or should I say 1920?) that would be sweet. I've never checked into if FP can handle it tho.

Yes, this was the super sekrat project... Bill took a short break from HS to get this out for the Pinball market. Most of the code in this is directly taken from HyperSpin and the created code is interchangeable between HS and HP, so some of the things that we see in HP might be coming to HS eventually.

You'll probably end up needed a little more beefier computer, everything in the video was shown in 1080p which is what I run the tables at. The videos are not flv anymore but f4v which is higher quality which met our requirements but use up alot more memory when shifting through games. But you can use either images or videos if the videos bog down your computer. Theres no themes or xml's for each game in this one so its alot simper but will have features that HS doesnt.

I mostly made this for me for my project but am sharing it so I probably wont cater to tons of weird requests that people might want, mainly if I feel that I would use the feature. This is designed strictly for cabinet builders, so there wont be horizontal modes and things like that. But you can turn off the second monitor feature if you want to only use one monitor.

Hi Bill,

Started the build Mid May 2008 - finished the main build, with just the cosmetics to finish off by sometime in June - although I did have a few 8hour solid days included in that :proud:

If you check out my posts over at FP, look in my signature for a link to my build pictures - any questions only too glad to help.

Is there a link up yet for the Hyperpin front end package ?? Had a look in download section but couldn`t find it.

Cheers Buz

Is there a link up yet for the Hyperpin front end package ?? Had a look in download section but couldn't find it.

Cheers Buz

Very nice cab... Why didn't you go with a real plunger?

Also, he hasn't released a build of HyperPin yet. He is going to start beta testing is shortly.

Thanks Dazz for the info, 2 reasons against the plunger, firstly the interior of the cab, where the plunger would need space was blocked by the back of the tv screen, secondly, I really liked the large rectangular illuminated buttons for insert coin, start game, and fire ball. Bit like the plunge ball button on some of the modern machines.

Cheers Buzz