Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Announcing HyperPin Digital Pinball Frontend

BadBoyBill

This is freakin awesome....My wife in deed is going to kill me. She says you keep going with new project after project. When will it stop to enjoy. I told her that is the life of an Aries, I have to keep busy. Thanks for another project which I will enjoy building as I did my other projects. This is awesome. Do you have a DIY project anywhere that I can get started. Are you using a 42" panasonic or what size and kind would you recommend. As for you front screen what size is that. I am looking all over the net for this. Don't know how I ever missed this.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is using a 40" Samsung 530 for the playfield.

I just purchased a 40" Samsung 550, but I can't use it for this since it is our bedroom TV replacement. Tomorrow when the woman is off to the office I am going to pull the TV out and play around with it. :D

I think this is the same TV I am going to use when I build my cabinet. I think the 530 that Bill has might be better for a table since the borders on the TV are even on all sides where the 550 is a little thicker on the bottom.

Nice looking box. Dr Who. I liked that machine... I take it that you only got the cabinet and not the glass or playfield/electronics, right? Poor pin looks like it could use some TLC. Is that going to fit your LCD playfield?

Ohhh, could you do me a favor and get me all of the dimensions of that cabinet? I just really need the height/depth of the sides... I think I have enough MDF leftover from my MAME cab build to get the sides and possibly some of the backbox done up.

Hopefully sometime soon I am going to get my Road Race (EM) 1969 pinball out from my grandfathers house and get it moved into my house... No way in HELL am I going to convert it to a digital pin though. I really need to get her out of that old ass garage and get it fixed up. Toooo many memories with that pinball to just let her rot like she currently is. :cry:

Ya I can get the dimensions, Im not actually using the machine, but it didnt come with any electronics and is in poor shape, but theres enough for me to scavenge like the backbox mounts and hinges, and overall just to see how a pinball is put together and use the panelss as templates to make brand new ones. Its going to be extremely helpful for me to have this on hand as im putting a new one together. Plus my machine will have to be at least a few inches wider to fit the monitor.

I wont be building this out of mdf but use plywood instead, even out of plywood its pretty heavy.

Yeah, MDF is going to be heavy... Hell my MAME cabinet weighs about 450lbs when loaded with the TV, computer and controls. I'm sure that the pincab made out of MDF is going to be just as heavy, but it's what I have left over. It's actually one of the excuses that I gave the woman to get her approval to build a pincab when I can afford the main playfield screen.

Guys, I was there when bill made the video and I will tell you that this front-end was sick, very simple does what its supposed to and does it well. I am working hard on getting the preview vids done for as many tables as I can before HyperPins Release. So far I have about 50 made and they are all 1920x1080p.

Guys, I was there when bill made the video and I will tell you that this front-end was sick, very simple does what its supposed to and does it well. I am working hard on getting the preview vids done for as many tables as I can before HyperPins Release. So far I have about 50 made and they are all 1920x1080p.

Much appreciated for this new front end, it has convinced me to come back to FP!

Just a quick question - do you guys plan to make vids for all existing tables and ongoing updates for new ones?

Thanks again, looking really good.

Everyone should be lining up on ebay to buy dead pins for the cabinets. Look for these prices to start jumping.

I absolutely love the idea of this project!!! I have a couple of pins now but would sacrifice the machine for HYPERPIN but will definately start looking for a project machine.

I can' wait to see the specs for this.

I am continually amazed at what this project is doing for the emulation community and emulation fever.

BTW - I heard you guy were up for an oscar for best Emulation frontend!!! (If there was such a category - you would definatly WIN!!!!)

Thanks to everyone involved for all of their continued contributions.

Mamaic

The last couple weeks I was keeping my eyes peeled on ebay for a dead or gutted cab, believe it or not they are not to easy to find.

First I told myself I wanted something more modern at least a cab that used dot matrix displays so that I can use a speaker grill but then I lowered my expectations some after seing what little for sale there was on ebay. I think there was one machine I saw and it didnt even have the grill and was not worthed in my opinion.

Then I thought Ok I can deal with an older cab, 60's 70's, and work with that , but just finding a cab period was slim pickings, I mean I think I only saw 2 on ebay total that were in thrashed shape and they wanted at least 80 bux or more and like 200+ to crate and ship. I was lookin at least 300 dollars. And almost did it until I found the goole rec.pinball group.

From what Im told this is where alot of pinball enthusiasts hang out from all over the world. Lots of members including ex employess of wiliams, stern, etc.. lots of knowelegable people and buying, selling and trading going on.

From there I met mark who gave me for free the Dr. Who cab. I just had to come get it and it was only an hour drive from my house to his shop. I recomenend that if anyone wants a gutted cab to consider posting a request there. It might or might not come but be patient and stay enthusiatic and Im sure you'll find what your looking for.

Remember this is good for building a full size but I bet from what Ive seen so far and due to prices of tv's and monitors, Im guessing most people are going to opt for a "minipin" cab.

BBB,

Have you tried the Vintage Arcade Superstore in Glendale? He's got a good selection and I bought a lot of controls for my MAME cab from him for a reasonable price. You could go pick it up yourself and save the shipping charges.

http://www.vintagearcade.net/

Dazz,

The trick with FuturePin is that you are going to need a beefy computer and a very beefy video card to run the simulations at full detail and high resolution. Think Radeon 4870. There's an option in FuturePin to turn on table reflections in the silver ball that takes extra graphics horsepower. I don't know if you need it, but I would make sure that the motherboard was crossfire compatible in case you needed to add a 2nd graphics card.

I checked with Mamerooom and Scott said he was looking into something along the lines of making a cabinet. In the 90's Bally/Williams came out with some widebody pins. They were only a couple of inches wider, but might be good for this.

I really like the looks of this program; a must for people building a video pin.

Personally, Future Pin might be better and newer, but I really love the 90 Bally/Williams pins. The toys, animations, and rule sets took pinball to a new level. Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, etc...When/If these games get emulated, that is probably when I will take the plunge and build a cab.

I read the post that there is a rumor that FP would start supporting roms, hopefully that will get the ball rolling. (pun intended)

Personally, Future Pin might be better and newer, but I really love the 90 Bally/Williams pins. The toys, animations, and rule sets took pinball to a new level. Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, etc...When/If these games get emulated, that is probably when I will take the plunge and build a cab.

I read the post that there is a rumor that FP would start supporting roms, hopefully that will get the ball rolling. (pun intended)

Let's hope because I think that is there biggest draw back. Right now VP crushes FP in terms of recreating tables and that is what I mainly like to play.

Some of the FP are excellent but there is also a lot of crap.

Word of advice, don't ever by a real pinball machine, there like a drug... Very addictive! I can’t wait to by another!!!

yea but what's the point of recreating tables if they don't look good? The rendering in FP crushes VP over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I like recreations too. But if I had a choice, I would play Dead Hunters on FP over a recreation of any of those titles in VP. The graphics are amazing and VP will unfortunately never look that way.

yea but what's the point of recreating tables if they don't look good? The rendering in FP crushes VP over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I like recreations too. But if I had a choice, I would play Dead Hunters on FP over a recreation of any of those titles in VP. The graphics are amazing and VP will unfortunately never look that way.

I guess you haven't played the yoshizuki tables, MM rox!

Actually, I am addicted to real pinballs. I have a Monster Bash, Simpsons Party Pinball, and a Medieval Madness that is being restored by Chris Hutchins at High End Pins. It is almost done, and I should have it back within a couple weeks.

Here is the link: http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album109

On the FP vs. VP argument, I have played a Ultrapin and it used VP from what I understand. Looked and played nice.

I wish there was a convergence where you had the tables of VP combined with the graphics of FP.

Good points guys - as a pinball sim enthusiast, I would agree that if we could get the best of both FP and VP, for the time being, this isn`t going to happen, but who knows for the future ??

As for cabinets, I was originally given the great peice of advice - pick your monitors, then build your cab around the playfield monitor dimensions - it saves alot of hassle trying to modify a widebody cab that will cost an arm and a leg. For my build this was the route I took - using 3/4 inch plywood for the cab. If bought from diy shops or builders merchants, not a bad price.

Just want to say a big thanks to Circo for all your hard work on the preview vids - saw that you have done 50 so far - great job, will you be doing some more for the other releases ??

Just a few thoughts,

Buzz

Edited by BUZZ