Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Announcing HyperPin Digital Pinball Frontend

BadBoyBill

Actually, believe it or not, I financed all my pins by selling off some of my comic book collection. I go every year to California Extreme with Circo, and we got into playing Medieval Madness. Long story short, the only way to afford one was to sell some comic books on Ebay. I got a lot more than I thought and ended up with a TSPP, MB and MM restore.

On the MM restore, it looks like Chris is going to add a shaker motor. I have Martin at Pinbits creating one for me. Iif all goes to plan, t is going to shake a little when you hit the castle, do a thump when you use the catapault, then give a big shake when the castle is destroyed.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to get my EM Bally/Gotlieb Road Race circa 1969 cabinet out of my grandfathers garage where it has been located for the past 31 years. I got it when I was 2 years old. Going to get her all cleaned up and do a restore on it. Really looking forward to getting it into my own home after all of these years.

Actually, believe it or not, I financed all my pins by selling off some of my comic book collection. I go every year to California Extreme with Circo, and we got into playing Medieval Madness. Long story short, the only way to afford one was to sell some comic books on Ebay. I got a lot more than I thought and ended up with a TSPP, MB and MM restore.

On the MM restore, it looks like Chris is going to add a shaker motor. I have Martin at Pinbits creating one for me. Iif all goes to plan, t is going to shake a little when you hit the castle, do a thump when you use the catapault, then give a big shake when the castle is destroyed.

A little off topic but what kinda comic books did you collect?

Does anyone know if there is (or will be) any details to build or buy hardware that will sense/send shaking signal to the table for response.

I hope this is not to premature a question. Also if this is more appropriate for the FP forum please let me know.

Thank you

Mamiac

Does anyone know if there is (or will be) any details to build or buy hardware that will sense/send shaking signal to the table for response.

I hope this is not to premature a question. Also if this is more appropriate for the FP forum please let me know.

Thank you

Mamiac

Actually people are already using wiimotes for nudging with good success. You can read the details here:

http://www.futurepinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3883&hilit=wii

And here is a demo of it in action

pkGC1KHir48

Edited by BadBoyBill

My playfield is 1920x1200 resolution and I know that the emumovies are all recorded at 1920x1080. Will HyperPin stretch the emumovies to fill my playfield monitor or will there be black bars at the sides?

I am hoping that it just fills the monitor. The distortion of stretching the video is quite acceptable to me.

Cheers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPutgtPYM0g&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPutgtPYM0g&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HERE MY MACHINE!!!:party:

I have a Frontend make for a Friend, like Hyperpin or Ultrapin...
Please tellme about, when the download are disponible....

El flipper. LOL.

I loved every minute of that. I visually understood almost every word he said.

Now I have to have one. Thank god my wife likes pinball.

I like the idea where he went with a small playing field screen and put a border around it. I find that far more appealing than the minipin direction.

From the video it looks just great, I already have my PC connected to my LCD TV, have run FP using a Nvidia 7950 GX 2, and a dual core Pentium 2.13GHz, runs great. But does HP make the table full screen as I still get the graphic of the table rather than just a view of the playfield?

A few things...

1) Cool. I love Future Pinball.

2) I do want to say one negative thing... was this really the right time for this? I mean... building a pinball cab would be pretty expensive for anyone... I'm just not sure comparatively how popular this guy will end up being. It just seems like theres more stuff for Hyperspin that isn't quite there rather than starting a new project? I dunno. Again, I think it's cool certainly, but there is a bitter taste for me... I dunno if anyone else shares it. How will you development time be divided at this point maintaining two projects? Are you growing your team or what?

3) FOR HOLY JEBUS DON'T GUT OLD PINBALL MACHINES FOR THIS! PLEASE! These things seem disposable but they're way harder to come by than a generic cabinet. It's a whole different ball game... so to speak. I humbly request that as people who care about these machines, there be a sticky post discouraging that thought to those who are getting excited about this.

Great work.

Edited by Dranore

I personally think HyperPin will be very popular among the FP pinball people. Obviously that group is much smaller. But I wouldn't worry too much. HyperPin is a dedicated front end that is much simpler than HyperSpin. There is no animated artwork. All there is, is a wheel and preview videos. I don't forsee having a lot of improvements over time.

A little progress today.

I added ability to set the app quality, also think the program initially will mainly work if you have your playfield as the primary monitor. You can flip everything if you like so if you can have your monitor orientated 90 or 270 (flippers on the right side or left side of the monitor when playing games). The backglass can be enabled or disabled all together in case you dont want to use a second monitor.

If the program is to demanding for video on your PC then you can optionally use screenshots instead of playfield video which will vastly improve performance but obviously isnt as cool.

We decided that the backglass will all be images since it seems 50/50 on whether or not the backglass even does anything in attract mode for games. So they will all just be static which looks fine. This will save Circo(emumovies) time on having to make 2 videos for each game anyways.

I finished the keyboard settings today and your defaults will be left shift or right shift to navigate the wheel. And "z" and "/" for letter jumping. Enter starts a game and Escape exits the FE (can be optionally turned off).

Im still undecided on VP support. What I mean by VP support means more than just being able to play VP but whether or not we will make videos and wheel images etc..

If I do add VP support you will have 3 options, show only FP tables, show only VP tables or merge the lists into one big list showing both FP and VP tables. You would maintain two lists but both can be merged by HP.

Hi Bill,

Nice to see things moving along - just wondering if it will be possible to alter the defualt user keys that have been set up, so that we will be able to use existing button settings in cabs.

Quote "your defaults will be left shift or right shift to navigate the wheel. And "z" and "/" for letter jumping. Enter starts a game and Escape exits the FE (can be optionally turned off)."

Cheers Buzz

More progress:

About finished up the video settings today:

Depending on the orientation and size of your backglass monitor, you have many options.

4:3 horizontal monitor with full sized backglass image

16:9 horizonatal monitor with full sized backglass image

alternatively you can adjust the specific size and rotation of the backglass image.

This allows for:

4:3 vertical monitor where the image can be smaller on the upper portion of the monitor and you can have a dmd display through like on a regular pinball cab. This would be similar to the Ultrapin setup incase you go that route, this is what Im doing on mine.

Same for 16:9, but that would be uncommon I think.

Its pretty much fully customizable so no matter what size montior, orientation you can have the images be exactly the size you need to suit your backbox setup, whether you want to do full sized images or have em smaller to allow for dmd's in the exact size you need.

I also made it adjustable so the "Free Play" / "Press Start" can be disabled or show whatever text you want instead of those two. Also you can change the color.

Hi

My name is Chris Leathley and I'm the creator of Future Pinball. This front end looks very nice and its something that I'm looking forward to (I usually don't get into front ends but this one is a lot more polished than others).

Is there a download of this yet ?. I can also promote it on the Main Future Pinball website if you like (which gets over 1000 unique visits a day (that doesn't include the forums, that's only people who don't know about it)

Many thanks for doing this.

Cheers

Chris

Hi

My name is Chris Leathley and I'm the creator of Future Pinball. This front end looks very nice and its something that I'm looking forward to (I usually don't get into front ends but this one is a lot more polished than others).

Is there a download of this yet ?. I can also promote it on the Main Future Pinball website if you like (which gets over 1000 unique visits a day (that doesn't include the forums, that's only people who don't know about it)

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris, thanks for the compliments, Im sure you will find this much better than the FP layout in HS and dual monitor friendly which I know that was a gripe before. We sure wouldnt mind the promotion once we release the software. Uncle Willy and I are building the help file now and should be ready soon for beta. I will try to get you something before that so you can play with it. Thanks.

Hi

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris! Nice to see you, hope all is well! FP is sure looking fantastic dude, well done to you and your team!

Rob