Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

!! Renaming roms !!

lbiza

Anyone know if any of the following will happen or is in the works of being completed?

-Dons FileRenamer (working with XMLs to rename ROMs and their subsequent child folders)

OR

-DAT files in the works where I can just use CLRMAMEPro if the DON Renamer Tool never gets done or is too buggy

ANYONE with NFO about this please let me know. This has to be the most frustrating part of Hyperspin (aside from shit just not working)

As far as I know the only reason why my games don't work is due to the naming convention. I know many have had this issue and is the #1 Dilemma

among Hyperspin Enthusiasts and for the Developers. I don't mind BETA testing, but let's get this ball rolling.

If worse comes to worse, we could have certain people working on certain consoles to rename everything by hand and create DATs from that.

I don't know exactly what is needed to make a FULL DAT for a system, but If we can work in numbers we can make something happen maybe.

In the words of LEROY JENKINS: "ALRIGHT CHUMPS!!!!!!!!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

If you have a DAT for your Romset you can use Don's Hypertools to create an xml from that DAT.

Shit not working is all part of emulation. If you want shit to work but the original console. ;)

You or anyone else can help out with creating XML's for systems that aren't complete. They are being worked on constantly but take time. Contact a mod to help out.

gigapig,

DATs are what we need. SEGACD, Sega Dreamcast, and Sony Playstation are the biggest pains in my @$$hole(s) right now.

Anyway, I'm not saying anything new here... The XMLs are useless at the moment. If you have DC,SEGA CD or PSX correct naming

and arent telling people... you WILL goto HELL. just sayin' Somebody on here said

he did DreamCast all by hand..... MAKE A DAT FILE ya big fuzzy aPE!! wtf!!

If anyone has a good renaming method for PSX, Dreamcast, or Sega CD...

please let me know what you used and or instructions on what you did

(other then renaming them all painstaking and manual)

Sidenote: I will be compiling manually the names for Sony Playstation;

as it has alot of roms that need to be renamed...

if someone can do the naming scheme from M-Z that would really help

me and the community out. We can create a DAT once they've been

combined but im getting thru the B's now (holy, lots to do)

Toodles,

Why reinvent the wheel. All these Database files are being worked on. You will see Hyperspin ready releases being dumped onto PD. You will see posts on here from people like Nogarth sharing the new XML files for checking. You will see an entire Hyperspin Project section of this forum where people are already joining together to get this stuff done. I you look at earlier posts you will see a lot of talk about the first quarter of 2014 being a big time for all of this as a lot of things will start coming together. I know it is a lot to take in and not everyone is as nuts as me and reads all this guff but you will be surprised what has already been done.

The real problem is all the "late to the party" people missed out on the popular torrent sites that are now defunct that a lot of the XML's were based on. So these "late to the party" people are left scrounging for ROM/image scraps that have to be renamed.

I'm grateful Skribe has been dumping HS sets on PD. But unless he or someone else chips in and makes all HS named console stuff available, scrounging and renaming is the future for most people.

Dons rom renaming tool worked fine and dandy for my Sega CD and PSX collection. I noticed if there's too many files in the source folder it tends to crap out. It took over a week to rename my entire PSX collection but it did finish and did a wonderful job at that.

Sega CD collection took a few hours.

And lastly - back your shit up everyone. Some of this stuff is getting damned hard to find. :)

My .02

Some of the larger sets are getting posted at Pleasuredome with all the naming set according to the HS databases.

I've been renaming some of my sets recently and I've found that XYplorer's mass renaming functions can be quite handy. Probably saved hours using search/replace to fix region codes and regex to remove all the TOSEC disc ids. A little more is needed here and there but that cuts out a lot of the work. I haven't messed with cue files yet, but http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?22533-Yet-another-feature-rich-Hyperspin-rom-amp-media-manager should be able to fix 'em all once everything is named correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... ok... so... DAT files? We dont need to go from DAT to XML. We want to use CLRMAMEPRO like for MAME, but for PSX, Dreamcast, and Sega CD.

Any resolution? Don's Renamer is buggy as hell and is subject to mess all my roms up. CLRMAMEPRO is STABLE and WORKS GREAT. WE JUST NEED DAT FILES.

DAT FILES > UPLOADING the ENTIRE SET I ALREADY HAVE

DAT FILES > XML

CLRMAMEPRO > DONS tool

btw, i tried to follow (what im coining as the "Pole Method") but it seems a little complicated

Step 1: CTRL+C

Step 2: CTRL+V

Step 3: IF "ROMs renamed" END ELSE GOTO Step1

^^^ could you be a little more clear? explain

this as if i were 10 yrs old? :)

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!EVEN IF MY ROMSET IS MILES AWAY FROM

BEING CORRECTLY RENAMED!!!! :) <3

Maybe Don's Renamer Tool will be the answer in the future...

TOODLES!

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize in advance for the 990 people that was looking for a

resolution... by hand is the only answer if you want it done without errors.. on a more positive note, I will upload any sets that are hyperspin conventional to

the interwebs.

Toodles. "Sorry for ruinin' your Black Panther Pawty" -Forrest G.

• 7 months later...

Archived