Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Reicast

gkny

Trying to set up dreamcast. I Downloaded a game and I has a gdi file along with other files. I placed them in a folder and named it the same as the xml name. It works but I can't get it to show up in the hyperspin game wheel. I have 2 Cdi file games and they do show up in the game wheel. All my other games are gdi. Is there a way to have the gdi files show up in the game wheel. My ini file is set to gdi,cdi

It's funny, just when I think I understand how to set all this up I run into another issue. With the gdi file they also come with other files. Do I put all them all in their own folder and name it the same as the game or do I use the gdi file by itself

All but 2 of my games are gdi. I would hate to redownload all games.Trying to figure out why I can't see them on the game wheel but when I choose one of the 2 games I have in cdi it takes me to the reicast games menu and then I can choose the gdi game. Just don't know why I can't see them in the hyperspin game wheel

Thanks for help sting. I'm trying to understand how to use the program to check my xml file. Can u explain to me why cdi files show up in wheel and not gdi. Should each game be in its own subfolder inside dreamcast/roms folder along with the bin & raw files? If I take only the gdi file out of the folder and place inside dreamcast/ roms folder hyperspin wheel shows it but when I get to reicast and choose it, it kicks me back to hyperspin wheel. Do you use gdi files that show in the hyperspin wheel. I downloaded a new xml from hyper list but same problem

Thanks for help sting. I'm trying to understand how to use the program to check my xml file. Can u explain to me why cdi files show up in wheel and not gdi. Should each game be in its own subfolder inside dreamcast/roms folder along with the bin & raw files? If I take only the gdi file out of the folder and place inside dreamcast/ roms folder hyperspin wheel shows it but when I get to reicast and choose it, it kicks me back to hyperspin wheel. Do you use gdi files that show in the hyperspin wheel. I downloaded a new xml from hyper list but same problem

you can't use subfolders in android. I don't understand why you Cant play gdi when they say cdi has bugs. My cdi collection all run good

Does your Dreamcast wheel go from (AtoZ) of the game names??? And as Badhemi says "you can't use subfolders in android". Everything must be unpacked in your ROMs folder.

What I'm not getting is when I downloaded games in gdi format they came with bin and raw files. I can play them. If I put them all in the roms folder the bin and raw files overwrite each other. I don't know does that make sense. If I get rid of the bin and raw files and just have the gdi file the game won't play. So I'm trying to figure out how do I use all the games I have in gdi format

• 1 month later...

hi when i hook up two Bluetooth controllers to reicast their interfere with each other. it selects the second controller in games but it throws the directions off iv tried different builds and different games. im only having this problem on reicast not on any other emulator at all. does anyone els have this issue? thanks

• 8 months later...
On 2016-05-08 at 5:25 PM, badhemi said:
On 2016-05-08 at 3:04 PM, gkny said:

you can't use subfolders in android. I don't understand why you Cant play gdi when they say cdi has bugs. My cdi collection all run good

Because many .CDI games were downsampled so the quality of the video or audio is worse than the original (or some audio is missing).  This was done so they could fit on a CD.  Some CDI games also crash at later stages because of these missing files.  The better way is to convert the original GDI images to CHD, then you have one single file and don't need subfolders.

Archived