Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Shield controller special art Available

thatman84

Hi all Shield TV guys

A good man by the name of potts43 has created some great special art for shield controllers, with everything you need to set it up.

I have attached a working and tested revision.

Included

1. Photoshop PSD and the layers extracted to PNG

2. Main Menu buttons SpecialB1

3. Main Menu border SpecialA1

4. System Menu buttons SpecialB1

5. System Menu border SpecialA1

6. Main Menu settings ini (copy out the Special art layout text dont replace your main menu.ini)

7. Sega Genesis settings ini (copy out the Special art layout text dont replace your Sega Genesis.ini)

You can see all the details of the revisions and testing in the thread below

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/26389-special-artwork/page-8#entry238345

Thanks potts43

Shield TV Special Art.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised not more downloads. Thought more would be using the Shield controller

So many controllers to use I suppose

isnt it fairly similar to the xbox buttons if so maybe thats why people aint getting this as they could just be using xbox buttons that have been around for a while either way it's always nice to have choices with HS :)

Edit: also some people that may like these may not know of their existence as some people dont search the forums and just check downloads section of site.

Aftermath, yeah Potts43 done a really good job I love them in my setup.

isnt it fairly similar to the xbox buttons if so maybe thats why people aint getting this as they could just be using xbox buttons that have been around for a while either way it's always nice to have choices with HS :)

Edit: also some people that may like these may not know of their existence as some people dont search the forums and just check downloads section of site.

Totally right Sean. Many reasons, people not knowing, already having the Xbox ones, not using the shield controller and a lot of people are already setup so don't really look for this sort of stuff.

Just a shame because there look real good.

I'll try and get them in the downloads section, good shout.

• 4 months later...

Anyone have any instructions for this?  I did the following:

1. Download .zip, extract.

2. Rename my existing SpecialA1.swf and SpecialB1.swf from the "Main Menu" folder and replace with ones in the .zip.

3. Copy relevant lines from "Main Menu.ini" and "Sega Genesis.ini" and replace the text in my copies.

I now notice my main menu have an A+B image at the bottom.  I assume there must be more to do?  I don't understand what the .swf files in the "System Menu" are for or where they go?  My Hyperspin setup doesn't have a System Menu?  Not sure what to do with all the images in "Artwork Assets" either?

I will help you out when I get the shield on stick around for an hour.

the assets are just the individual images for creating your own layouts and such. (Just extras)

tge system stuff has extra images for the letter search function in the games wheel/list. "System" is the common name for it in Hyperspin (HS) world

they go in

Hyperspin/Media/"SYSTEMNAME"/images/special

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brilliant to see this.

I was only watching a video on thatmans channel last night thinking - note to self ask him where he got his shield buttons art from - I have been using the xbox style one and wanted a bit more "authenticity".

Thanks Thatman and thanks Potts

• 1 month later...
It is likely they are displaying "off screen"
try adjusting x and y position settings until you see it
Hmm, that seems to be the case for a couple of the swf files, but I had to recreate some items before I saw anything on screen.

Is there no way of calculating the positions based on asset size?

Archived