Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Worklog: Custom Vewlix - My first build

manicshere

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. I will be cutting a test piece before I ruin another good piece.

Next step is going to be assembly. I'm figuring out prices for the plexi. Did you send a plan to the guys that cut yours? If so could you send me a copy of this file so I can send it to the people I contacted?

I'll be following this thread with interest, as I'm always sketching ideas of what I might eventually build and have recently found myself veering towards a Vewlix style.

I'm curious about how the arch is constructed. Other builds I've seen appear to use strips of MDF that have been cut into curves and glued together, but it sounds like you are actually bending the wood into an arch shape.

Well actually you have there are two options along with the plans. One is more authentic, but harder to do, at least without prober tools and involves bending the wood and the other probably takes longer to build as it consists of more pieces glued together, but the build itself is a lot simpler.

I personally choose the first solution purely for aesthetic reasons, but I am still struggling with it to anyone who's a novice when it comes to woodworking. In the end it's just wood though. I can still manage to screw up a bunch of times before i run out and have to buy an entire new sheet.

I'm the first who use this technic in the worls of vewlix replica, if you want i sell real size print of each part in world.

@manicshere :

you must let less that 1mm to not break the wood. I tried to send you picture tomorrow.

Maxime

Spent an hour or so sanding today. More or less to see how the woodfiller had worked. It's not perfect, but it will be. Don't think I'll be touching the arch part again until I have the plexiglass to make sure that I'll be sanding of the correct amount.

The real update should be dropping after the upcoming weekend as I should have some free time on my hands.

eCKQwz5.jpgOl1L4GV.jpg

Didn't think I was able to get a lot done today, but I'm very satisfied with the amount of work I managed to get done :)

First some pictures of one of the sides screwed and glued together.

NHHr7Zz.jpgODNtSzj.jpg

I've started assembling the base of the arcade. There are some minor kinks that needs ironing out, but it's coming together nicely.

EMFxPmc.jpgUYCkhpc.jpg

Might get more done tomorrow. Not sure.

Thanks for checking out my progress. Have a great weekend ;)

Thanks to everybody taking interest in my project. Learning a lot through this build. Even making new friends :)

Slowly running out of things to do until I have the plexiglass ready. Managed to finish the base (asside from the door) as well as the other side piece.

ew1bIAf.jpg

ke2vyt6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in an incredible mood today. Finally recieved the plexiglass this morning and I was worries it wouldn't fit my meassurements, but it's perfect. I'll update with a picture when I get home from work, but I was way to excited to wait posting!! :P

KYQGCVB.jpg

Ignore the make up and girly stuff...

What's with all the makeup and girly stuff?!?

That's actually become my main focus, the word naked, whether to wear the pink or mint green sun glasses and should I have a cup cake today?

Sorry boss. :P

Edit:The plexi looks great btw. Oppps.

• 3 weeks later...

Picture af the current state of the cab. Sides have now been added.

It's been like this for a while. I'm expecting parts in the start of next week, but don't have much time to dedicate it all on building my cab.

McXP4f3.png

Have a great weekend!

Archived