Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

External Hdd Recomendations?

Yourname942

Yes, I use it on one of my machines (the others don't have enough RAM). If you're using it on PS2 games you really need to dedicate 8 GB of RAM. If you make it too small and try to extract a larger game you'll obviously have issues. It will decrease the unzip time a lot and it will even increase the actual performance when playing the game because the entire rom is coming from RAM instead of a hard drive.

But no kidding, emulation aside, 16gb is about where you want to be as a current PC gamer. More than that tends to be overkill unless you're into photo/video-editing, streaming, CAD/CAM, etc. 8 gb will do for now, but even now some new game recommend more.

And jeez, NVidea, bring your ridiculous prices down or AMD get ur high end shut together, so I can replace my 2 r9 290's with something that doesn't cost €700+ ffs

Hey, that's mostly all you need.

I think we're just trying to repurpose the speed of ram to overcome the hard drive bottleneck. That and the wait time for unzipping. It's not that I'm impatient, I just like to push hardware as far as I can. It's cost effective from the other extreme.

Some compression is a necessity for my purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

i like to use ssd and hdd sata drives , ssd for os and then store most of the stuff to big hhd drives in order of what everything is for my own personal thing , to save money i bought 4tb external power drives i didnt like all the wires though so i ripped them apart and installed internally , thats just how i roll . of course i over killed it but everything is still super fast and did not cost to much.

but back to the subject if its affordable enough for you and works how you like it ,then that will be the right way for you to do it . :)

i do love ssd drives abit more than a man should though, as for raid i no nothing! true story.

I had am external 5TB hdd for my HS. I lost my partition when I was backing it up. I spent like a week trying to recover the partition and everything from backed up HS. I recovered everything in the end, but I don't my HDD as external, it is internal now for safety reasons.

Archived