Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Is there a standard usage for artwork1, 2, 3, 4 across systems?

cowgod

I have gone off the deep end researching themes so I can make my own.  I was going to post this in the Themes forum, but there are no posts there...

So EmuMovies has a lot of content--screenshots, box art, cart art, etc.  Do theme makers always assume that these folders will have the same data?  Like artwork 1 will always be screenshots, artwork 3 will always be box art, artwork 4 will always be cart art, etc?  Obviously there won't be perfect matches for every system, but a general guideline for this?  Also why doesn't HyperSync let you sync anything other than artwork 3 and 4?

I don't think there is a global standard for this. But as those artworks are in layers with artwork 1 being behind artwork 2, art2 behind art3 and art3 behind art4, many themes have boxart in art 3 and cart in art4.

then again many of the older themes have box and cart in artwork 1 & 2.

you are best off extracting the theme zip file and checking the theme.xml. You can always adjust them all to keep inline with how your going to layout your creations.

PS I have no problem syncing to Artwork 1&2 with Hypersync last I checked (which was before latest version)

Yeah, older themes uses boxes and carts in artwork 1 or 2, in my themes I use them in artwork 3 and 4, 1 for the console+video frame+console logo, two for the console buttons, I use three images in the artwork 1 to save the other layers according to the need, they are merged in the same PNG.

Screenshot%20713_zpsvlhvwllo.jpg

6 hours ago, thatman84 said:

PS I have no problem syncing to Artwork 1&2 with Hypersync last I checked (which was before latest version)

Thanks for the replies.  I don't mean there are problems syncing into the folders for artwork 1 and artwork 2, I mean why can you only select box art and cart art?  Why can't I pick, say, gameplay screenshots to go in artwork 1, title snapshots into artwork 2, box art into artwork 3, and carts into artwork 4?  I'm making default system themes and I want to build them under the assumption that each artwork slot will have artwork for each game from EmuMovies (obviously not distributing the artwork with the theme).

I believe that Hypersync only syncs the game play videos from EmuMovies.  The other artwork comes from the HyperSpin site.  Not 100% on this as getting this type of information has been near impossible for me.

There is no default for any of the artwork and to my knowledge you cannot sync that medai (snapshots and screenshots) using HyperSync.  I have tried to create standards in the past but with so many people doing their own thing it is difficult to do that.  What I have found is that you can just do what you want, release it as a complete thing (if you even want to release it but you should), and not worry about standards especially since you are incorporating things that are not normally included.  Kind of like the 3D rotating boxes for Gamecube.

TL:DR create your own standard and roll with it.

HS has no standard for artwork layers except in which order they go. It completely depends on the Default theme. Also, we don't use Emumovies sets. The only thing synced from EM is the vids afaik. All box/cart/etc. sets that can be synced are HS sets.

Archived