Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

"System Start" sound ideas for consoles

SupraKarma

So for NES, I have the Legend of Zelda 'secret' sound effect jingle when you enter the system, and for SNES, I currently have the Super Metroid 'item find' theme. :)

What are some good ideas for system start sounds? What do you guys use for NES, SNES, Atari, Sega, Playstation, etc.?

Also, I was just thinking, it would be really cool if there was a way to delay the default theme from starting a video (for only the first time you enter a system, not for subsequent videos) so that you could play longer system start sound effects. I'd like to use the Playstation Bios theme for PS1 but it's too long.

I have the default sounds, and systems with launch/bios screen have those. For the PSX I believe I have the first half of the bios sound so it is not too long (before the sound starts increasing the pitch). Sega is the Sonic coin grab.

I believe that the sounds can be either iconic to each system (for example bios load or main char/game sound), or personal preference according to your childhood (i.e. I did not play Metroid in the SNES, so a Metroid sound for it will not be my selection; I might use the Mario eating the red mushroom sound instead).

My favorite NES games are Double Dragon II and Yo' Noid; I would add a sound from either game.

Archived