Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

I figured out a way to eliminate drive duplication for HyperSpin. Is anyone interested?

ahockeyjock

I heard @BadBoyBill and other admins were looking into a way to secure HyperSpin from having drives duplicated.

I found a lot of my scripts being ripped across the internet without credit and sometimes hacked; so I built a process to prevent it.

I have a way that checks every ten runs of HyperSpin (on exit, so that it doesn't affect user experience) and on the 10th run it sees if computer has changed.  If so, it warns user.  If they keep doing it, it then 7zip locks their settings and databases, and rocketlauncher profile directories.  It creates password protected 7z files in it's place and then wipes directories (and wipes recyclebin so they cant recover).

THe user then has password protected 7z files and has to contact HyperSpin group to get it unlocked.  Another benefit is it logs the computer and user data in a file so that any cloned drives can see where it originated from.

Entire process adds less than 1mb to process, runs near-instant (less than 1 second, unless fraud attempted), and then proceeds.

Not sure if anyone is interested in it for other uses.   I wont give out code or much details unless i know what it's for, so that the process is secured.

Thanks Guys!

I heard [mention=39]BadBoyBill[/mention] and other admins were looking into a way to secure HyperSpin from having drives duplicated.
I found a lot of my scripts being ripped across the internet without credit and sometimes hacked; so I built a process to prevent it.

I have a way that checks every ten runs of HyperSpin (on exit, so that it doesn't affect user experience) and on the 10th run it sees if computer has changed.  If so, it warns user.  If they keep doing it, it then 7zip locks their settings and databases, and rocketlauncher profile directories.  It creates password protected 7z files in it's place and then wipes directories (and wipes recyclebin so they cant recover).
THe user then has password protected 7z files and has to contact HyperSpin group to get it unlocked.  Another benefit is it logs the computer and user data in a file so that any cloned drives can see where it originated from.

Entire process adds less than 1mb to process, runs near-instant (less than 1 second, unless fraud attempted), and then proceeds.

Not sure if anyone is interested in it for other uses.   I wont give out code or much details unless i know what it's for, so that the process is secured.

Thanks Guys!

I'm pretty sure that if the greatest software houses have been unable to prevent infringement on their games, your solution will be easily bypassed as well. In general, any such effort is a waste of time, and can only result in irritated legal users.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, of course, if Microsoft has given up on decompiled software and reverse engineering.

But, you'll never stop EXPERIENCED CODERS and hackers... but that's not the biggest problem.

In my opinion it's the people cloning drives, especially the spanish scenes motto 'forever free' that I see many users cloning and ripping software that is still sold.  Games and current gaming systems etc.

Yes, nothing can stop EVERYTHING; but a simple process that stops most might be of use to someone.

As wiser people than me have already said: I don't need to know how to beat your DRM; I just need to know how to find the results of someone that does. As soon as someone cracks your code, the results are out there for others to download. Game makers have spent millions trying to prevent the very thing you describe here; you will fail just like they have. This really says nothing about your capabilities; it's just a problem for which no solution exists.

Honestly, spending time on this is a waste of time and money, and in the end you'll only annoy your users. Just think of a paying customer who changed some hardware components in his computer, or who decided to move his entire collection (that may have taken him years to put together) to a new computer. They'll not thank you for locking up and/or destroying their files (you might actually be liable for damages). Meanwhile, the pirates will happily use the cracked version without your DRM. Please reconsider this course of action.

If this is such a non-issue, why hasn't HyperSpin2.0 been released?  
I thought the biggest delay was adding in Denuvo DRM?
You mean that DRM that was cracked within 24 hours last time? I hope BBB didn't waste his money on that...

47 minutes ago, phulshof said:

Provide a good product, and people will buy it. You won't convert the die-hard illegal copiers anyway, so why waste your time with them, and annoy your loyal customers in the process?

Thats what i think, although its a slight balance. May aswell make the them jump through a couple hoops

Thats what i think, although its a slight balance. May aswell make the them jump through a couple hoops
There are no hoops for infringers; they just download the version without the hoops. It's like those FBI warnings on films that no infringer ever sees. Only loyal customers see them, and almost everyone hates the delay they cause.

I'm sorry, but anyone talking about copyright and Digital Rights Management in regards to emulation is completely off their rocker. Unless you have sunk millions of dollars on original arcade hardware, you don't own the rights to diddly squat. This whole discussion is laughable.

4 hours ago, keyvisuals said:

I'm sorry, but anyone talking about copyright and Digital Rights Management in regards to emulation is completely off their rocker. Unless you have sunk millions of dollars on original arcade hardware, you don't own the rights to diddly squat. This whole discussion is laughable.

He's talking about HyperSpin, not emulators.

Archived