Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Playstation 1&2

shockwave817

Hi everyone new to hyperspin and this website. I bought the hard drive off of hyperspin and I’ve been trying to get a few problems resolved but nobody helps... 

1st problem is I can’t play any Playstation and 2 games ...it just won’t play..and I don’t know if I need to open a file copy or move something for it to work..and I don’t know what keystrokes to get into the config menu to setup my Arcade with it.

2nd problem its the same with all the Nintendo systems.........and for whatever reason f1 worked and now it’s not to get into the config menu..

again Ive tried to contact hyperspin about it but they don’t respond...

thx in advance...jeff

their is  NOBODY!!!!! affiliated with Hyperspin that is selling hard drives.

YOU GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   plain and simple.

anyone in this site will tell you the same,  we do not know what is in your hardrive or how to fix it.

I can ask you

what emulators are you running

do the roms on your dirve match the XML

do you have Rocketlauncher up to date

are your modules up tod ate

can you launch games through Rocketlauncher

and something tells me that you don't know the awnser to any of those questions.  SO how can we help you fix your broken drive.

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forums :)

Hyperspin is a free software. Any problem you might face with a preconfigured drive will need to be addressed with the person that sold it to you. Like assassin said, there is no way for the Hyperspin users community to know how it all was set up, as there are infinite ways to build up an Hyperspin drive, and we encourage users to build/customize theirs on their own way.

Check with the seller; he/she should be able to diagnose and understand what is going on.

Let us know how it goes :)

Hi 32assassin  as I stated before I am new to this I just search the web on how to make an arcade cabinet and I saw a few people who purchased a hard drive from **************  so I build my arcade cabinet purchased the hard drive from that website  almost all of the systems work except the nintendos and the playstations and Sega Dreamcast.  How my supposed to know what is legit what is not I’m sorry this is not my background  I uploaded a picture of the modules and emulators I wrote down along with the rocket launcher version I do not know how to look if the ROMs on my drive match the XML’s .  I’m trying to learn but I also need help and yes I might’ve gotten ripped off and yes when I contact them they don’t respond but again I thought the company was a legit company I do not know if they’re affiliated with you . Judging by the way your sounding  probably not .....thx jeff

kondorito...thank you for the welcome

E10D0A88-A89B-4805-92F2-70F339A0C870.jpeg

Look for an application in your setup called RocketLauncherUI and double click to load it.

If it has been installed correctly by the seller,  you will see a box show up with a series of tabs across the top (general, settings, emulators etc) and your installed system names (Playstation 1, Nintendo etc) down the left hand side.

This is your interface/starting point to identify and fix any problems with  -

1. games not loading due to filenames not matching the system database

2. emulators not loading when they are not assigned to the correct system.

and any number of other problems or more advanced ways in which to customise your Hyperspin.

You will need to start learning the basics about this interface if you are going to have any chance of fixing issues with your prepaid setup. There are plenty of youtube videos which can do just that. I suggest watching a few whilst having your RocketlauncherUI open in a separate window to cross reference.

If you aren't prepared to invest the time to do this as all of us here have done when we built our own setups from scratch, there is little chance of you fixing any problems you currently have with your setup or ones that will arise in the future.

the latest  stable version of retroach is 1.7,0

this should be your trouble shooting approach

I suggest you view all the Hyperspin Official setup tutorial videos here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOLGDbv1I-BBSK-ZnTi4G0A

1. Manually load a game by opening the emulator exe and loading  a game with your mouse.

if you the game plays this means your emulator is properly installed and it has all the support  files ( Visual Studio, DIrectx9, ect) installed.  you can move to part 2. If the emulator crashes you need to fix that.

2. if your game loads (part 1),  Your next step is to make sure all your emulators are properly configured in Rocketlauncher.

most of your emulators should be set up,  I would suggest you change a few,  (SNES ; you will be  better of, if you set it to Retroarch core not the standalone SNES9X)

3.  rom names must match the Hyperspin XML format.

Open rocketlauncherUI and do a system rom audit. any game not found. means the naming scheme for that game needs to be updated.

if the game is missing its more than likely the game name does not match the XML (database) you have.

4.  once you checked off  steps 1-3  for EACH SYSTEM!!!!!.  and your game is still not loading through Hyperspin or RocetlauncherUI

post your error logs

C:\HyperSpin\Log.txt

and more importantly your Rocetlauncher log SET! to troubleshooting

http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Troubleshooting

@gigapig lol if he reported it...whats his argument? "I had the Intent of purchasing of hundreds of illegal roms from a seller and I can't get them to work so its false advertisement?" Thats like reporting a drug dealer or prostitute that the buyer frequents. He wouldn't report the seller if he was happy so why report because hes unhappy lol. Both parties are in the wrong but the question of ethics isn't the point here. He's asking for help playing his playstation and nintendo roms. 

@shockwave817 honestly if I were you, and wanted to learn, I would start a fresh new setup in a folder somewhere and start from the beginning with one of the nintendo setups like NES. set up one rom to work with one emulator and go from there. Eventually you will learn what to look for when comparing xml files and things like that. Once you find what works, you can either edit your original setup or copy and paste. The most important factors are the xml files that tell the emulators what to do with the roms. All the other mentioned programs are made to help people but a majority of the time, people get confused since most tutorials and videos are outdated. FYI, search for a better playstation emulator.

4 hours ago, shockwave817 said:

My f1 to get into retroarch for Nintendo is not working ....is there another way?

Track down your Retroarch.cfg file and/or one named the same as your system (Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg) in an emulators folder and look for input_menu_key or similar 

Archived