So I have Hyperspin setup everything like SNES, NES, NEO GEO, MAME, Genisis working great except for the Dreamcast. I am currently running the most up to date of all the software,
I use RocketLauncher and Retroarch with either reicast or reicast oit core. Launching games from retroarch itself everything works fine but when using hyperspin it completely locks up and freezes. The problem at least I think is rocketlauncher and hyperspin wont see the games unless they are zipped in 7z, zip or rar when I run the games audit. The games have to be unzipped for retroach to run them when i test them.
So I guess my question is is there a way to get rocketlauncher/hyperspin to see and audit the games in there native cdi, ghd, or chd format? I have made sure the file names are current with the database and they still wont see them when I audit or run hyperspin.
Please any help would be great.
Hyperspin Android ScummVM with RetroArch
What is it?
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Assets and Links
Latest ScummVM release at time of posting Dec 17, 2017: ScummVM 2.0.
Diskmach Updated Database ScummVM 2.1
Latest HyperSpin database ScummVM 1.8
Working RetroArch core at time of posting scummvm 2.0.0 93d1ca1
Location of current core
How to setup...
Grab these setup files as they will be needed.
(Includes the Android XML and "Official" XML databases)
Follow this guide to set up RetroArch ScummVM core directly Get your games and place them in folders named after this spreadsheet OR download the above setup files and create folders for them (with help of the below guide) Follow this guide to setup the folder structure for Hyperspin Android "folder trick" Use the below ini file settings for reference and add the system to your Hyperspin wheel as any other exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
Run Hypersync with the NON android xml as its not compatible with sync.
The progress sheet below was adopted on the RetroArch documentaion and holds all my findings. I did duplicate 1 game to aid with android setup
I created a "simon" folder for the Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack as all the games are in one folder.
Backup of Working Core