Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

Guest tornado

i dont see any of this in settings

Options:

useExitScreen = true

This options controls if Exit321 screen is used.

usePauseKey = true

This option controls if Pause key (pauseVPinball) is used

useLoadScreen = true

This options controls if loading screen is used.

UseExitAsPause = true

This option controls if short press on exit is used as Pause.

saveFPTables = true

This option controls if we save FP table after change of table position with Scroll Lock.

fadespeed = 25

This is actually length of sleep command that is used on slider on loading screen and on Exit 321 screens. It is time in milliseconds script will sleep before going on to the next loop. If it is smaller wait is shorter and slider on loading screen and exit 321 screens will be faster. If it is larger wait is longer and loading slider and exit 321 screens are slower.

Hipi this is a great find and it works. Check you code and after:

WinWaitActive, ahk_class VPPlayer ;Wait for vp to be Ready before killing Gui blackScreen

just add:

Send {F3}

I've tried to add winactivate of vpplayer in loading screen loop but it completely breaks nag screen removal functionality. I've tried also clicking on mame window and on vpplayer but it is so unreliable

So try this and let me know if it works on all tables, and i will put it in next release.

It's working perfect now.

i dont see any of this in settings

Options:

useExitScreen = true

This options controls if Exit321 screen is used.

usePauseKey = true

This option controls if Pause key (pauseVPinball) is used

useLoadScreen = true

This options controls if loading screen is used.

UseExitAsPause = true

This option controls if short press on exit is used as Pause.

saveFPTables = true

This option controls if we save FP table after change of table position with Scroll Lock.

fadespeed = 25

This is actually length of sleep command that is used on slider on loading screen and on Exit 321 screens. It is time in milliseconds script will sleep before going on to the next loop. If it is smaller wait is shorter and slider on loading screen and exit 321 screens will be faster. If it is larger wait is longer and loading slider and exit 321 screens are slower.

After you install the latest FPLaunch MOD script and run HP once, go into your Settings directory of HP, and at the bottom of the Settings.ini you'll see the [FPLaunch] section.

Guest tornado

found set all to true still no text

text only show on wheel menu

this is settings

[FPLaunch]

exitScriptKey=q & s

exitEmulatorKey=e

toggleCursorKey=t

pauseVPinball=p

hideCursor=true

hideDesktop=true

hideTaskbar=true

useExitScreen=true

usePauseKey=true

useLoadScreen=true

fadespeed=25

UseExitAsPause=true

exitEmulatorKey2=1

exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

pauseFPKey=RButton

saveFPTables=true

Edited by tornado

Guest tornado
tornado did you installed images from fplaunch 1.294 version?

it's working now to quit i push E (pause) than enter. :burnout:

I have a few glitches and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

1. When I am scrolling through tables in HP and hold down one of the flipper buttons and scroll through say 20-30 tables, when I let go I can't do anything anymore.

2. When I load a table the rendering table animation appears and then it stay on screen while ROM is loaded up on my third display. To fix this I exit the table and open it again and sometimes it takes 2-3 tries before it finally works.

Never had these and not sure if it is just a Win7 issue or FPlaunch cause I never had these issues before on my XP setup.

The 2nd issue you described happens to me as well from time to time.

I'm using 1294 btw

Using same version as well, oh well. I might try disabling the load animation screen in the settings.ini to see if it helps. I would go back to the older 1.1 version but I needed to re-map my exit key to "e" instead of "esc".

I have a few glitches and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

1. When I am scrolling through tables in HP and hold down one of the flipper buttons and scroll through say 20-30 tables, when I let go I can't do anything anymore.

2. When I load a table the rendering table animation appears and then it stay on screen while ROM is loaded up on my third display. To fix this I exit the table and open it again and sometimes it takes 2-3 tries before it finally works.

Never had these and not sure if it is just a Win7 issue or FPlaunch cause I never had these issues before on my XP setup.

I experienced both of these issues regularly when I used Windows 7. I switched to XP and both issues went away completely. I have had nothing but an improved cab experience after switching to XP.

1, can't be due to fplaunch cause it is not executed yet, so it must be win7 issue

If the Rendering Table animation is showing up on screen doesn that mean fplaunch been executed already?

I experienced both of these issues regularly when I used Windows 7. I switched to XP and both issues went away completely. I have had nothing but an improved cab experience after switching to XP.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :proud:

My problem is the opposite of yours and I have been running XP on my cab the past year. Then I added an LEDWiz to the mix and 5RGB Led flashers to my setup and then most of my tables started to stutter. I had my XP setup tweaked very well and used the 182.50 drivers and even tried a fresh install using the latest as some had posted improved performance using 270.61 in XP. I did and still had table stutter where as with a fresh Win7 64bit and 270.61 drivers installed without tweaking the OS yet, the same tables (Radical, Party Zone, Back to the Future) that would stutter immediately upon launching the ball in XP played very smooth. I didn't bother with the F11 FPS value in VP as I knew these three tables were pretty bad especially BTTF when you launch the ball it is unplayable and by the time things catch up your ball has drained.

So right now I guess I just have to accept these minor glitches in Hyperpin as well as longer table exit times for much improved table performance with LEDWiz enabled. The flashing RGB LEDs really add quite a bit to the playing experience and glad I have them working smoothly now.

If the Rendering Table animation is showing up on screen doesn that mean fplaunch been executed already?

1. was the answer for problem no. 1 - scrolling though tables and freezing

you have loading window while you scroll through tables?

for 2. you really have to use latest version cause that code is changing all the time, as soon as i can pinpoint a bug and repeat it on my rig i fix it

but, i did not tested much on win7 (i can't, kids are playing on that comps all the time :)) so everything is possible

Edited by blur

• 1 month later...

Hi blur, all working fine here on win7!.

I have though observed that if i change the fadespeed value to 15 that this then breaks the "use exit as pause" functionality.

This is not a problem for me but may be of interest to others.

I also found these two alternative pause screens googling about...

http://www.retrovicio.org/foro/showthread.php?11973-Pausa-en-Hyperpin

Thanks again for all the hard work!.

Hi blur, all working fine here on win7!.

I have though observed that if i change the fadespeed value to 15 that this then breaks the "use exit as pause" functionality.

This is not a problem for me but may be of interest to others.

I also found these two alternative pause screens googling about...

http://www.retrovicio.org/foro/showthread.php?11973-Pausa-en-Hyperpin

Thanks again for all the hard work!.

Tnx rocky.

For fadespeed - it runs faster on faster systems.

if you set it too low loop on exit key will be quicker so maybe if it is too fast you can't press esc short enough. Try just to touch it and release it. What buttons you have?

For pause to be called you have to release it within first 10 loops.