Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

Gave it a try last night. Fplaunch works well for me, no task bar or any other undesired behavior. Did not play long enough to see if my "pause" issue still there. Tested big boss functionality. Had no issues launching certain tables with vp908, while my vpinball.exe was 9.12. After that I decided to keep 9.08 as my base vpinball.exe and have only certain tables load with 9.12 since there is only a handful of new tables available. That is when I got into troubles. I only tried it with the roadshow, but it would not load just stays on rendering table screen. Did not try other tables, planning to do it today. Great performance overall, thank you for this great update.

Yes, my vp911tables.txt looks like this:

Roadshow_VP911_1.0FS

vpinball912.exe

and it works just fine when I was trying vp908tables.txt with

TOTAN_VP9_3.0FS

vpinball908.exe

i'll play with it some more to see if it is only a problem with the RS

anyone have an issue when exit Future Pinball tables the hyperpin is "frozen". Doesnt seem like future pin exits properly. However VP does fine.

Edit - Never mind I needed to disable the exit in the FP program itself :)

Edited by mandelbloom

Blur

Works awsome for me also. Thats for adding code to by pass vpinmame error.

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

I do have a question for you. I still have esc mapped in my ipac and in exit emulator. I am not having any issues. Should I remap it to e or o like you say or just leave well enough alone?

Thank you Blur! The new code works great, and I'm now able to play all of my tables without issues! I'm also someone that had issues exiting with the Esc key, so mapping it to "e" did the trick for me. I'm running Win 7 64 bit if that makes a difference?

Blur, when it loads the vp908 table, the table loads but it is the HP preview of the table.

I also hit Alt f4 to check the vp version, but it closes when i hit play again.

The VP912 stuff still works fine.

There was somethin else strange that i cant remember, so i'll have to check it again on the weekend.

I'm using XP.

Blur, when it loads the vp908 table, the table loads but it is the HP preview of the table.

I also hit Alt f4 to check the vp version, but it closes when i hit play again.

The VP912 stuff still works fine.

There was somethin else strange that i cant remember, so i'll have to check it again on the weekend.

I'm using XP.

OK,

All working fine. Didn't have the .exe after the version in the vp908table settings file.

Sopranos FS

vpinball908

Due to the fact that i have known files extensions hidden, and copy / paste everything, small oversight on my part.

It did however lock up HP upon restarting the table after minimising with Alt f4 with the vp908 table.

ups, i missed this questions

bent: nope, big score support is not in the fplaunch

dedrok: alt-f4 is specially programed key in fplaunch and it should:

- close vp/fp player

- show cursor

- show taskbar

- show vp/fp editor

- suspend all ahk hot keys

- wait for you to finish editing and start vp/fp player again to hide everything again

so if you do alt-f4 on a table and then close vp/fp editor instead of pressing play you will freeze HP cause there will be ahk script active waiting for vp/fp player, you can kill this ahk script in taskbar and then hp will continue

maybe, maybe i can find a way for HP to not freeze.

maybe i can wait in one thread for player to appear and in other for editor to close, and in first case continue with ahk and in the second case kill ahk

Edited by blur

What I'm looking for is a frontend that lets me run 10 or so mame games, and segues seamlessly to launching hyperpin to play pinball (the 90% use of the cab). Yes, Spin works great on my Mame cabinet. I'm looking for something integrated.

More to the point -- I have this working now in my cab (the fplaunch mod), and it works AWESOME, but it doesn't seem to kill UVP on UVP tables when I exit. I only use UVP on certain pre-DMD tables to render the scores, and on those few DMD tables that use it informatively (Dr. Who), but it just doesn't quit.

Any ideas?

Another hour or so tinkering, and I've kind of given up. I can make it work, but not with UVP. With the old fashioned hyperlaunch, I just added "Joy8" to the top of the file for exit and everythign works, without having to involve AHK or Joy2Key or anything.

Seems like whatever the old script does for exiting, the new script should be able to do too, but I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. I really appreciate the work you've put into this, and I hope at some point I either have a keyboard mapper that works right for it (like an iPac) or someone smarter than me figures out how to make it work with the nanotech board without a dozen hoops.

Thanks again for all the effort and support.