Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

how to integrate a 2nd retroarch aarch64 to hyperspin

mikty

EDIT: there is now a work around for this issue by following this guide by 

Hyperspin_Retroarch64_fix.docx

hi, we could now install a second retroarch aarch 64 bits besides the regular retroarch in order to use retroarch dolphin 64 bits without deleting the regular retroarch. So we could you the two retroarch together.

So is there a way to integrate dolphin with retroarch aarch 64 bits on hyperspin ?

The retroarch aarch64 bits core folder is located in root/data/data/com.retroarch.aarch64/cores.

(Root needed)

The name of the core inside is:  dolphin_libretro_android.so

Is it possible to add this with a settings.ini ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I haven't try it but will tomorow. Yes it s show as a 2nd apps on the shield tv. It's a great thing:   the version to install is "staging retroarch aarch64." Witch allow to install it without crush the regular retroarch installation.

Will make some tries tomorow thanks

11 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Following!

It should work as standard just changing the exe path. Have you tried it? Does the core show up as a 2nd app on droid?

I have the aarch64 version installed too, so i have RetroArch & RetroArch aarch 64 in the app drawer. I haven't bothered editing my ini files to launch it through Hyperspin , as it doesn't have as many cores available (like Reicast for example). 

Thing is the dolphin core isn't as good as the standalone emu, well currently anyway. I get some serious graphical glitches in Gamecube games, like Star Fox Assault for example.

If it improves, I might well change the exe and parameter lines in the Gamecube and Wii ini files. 

So i test dolphin (last revision) and psx beetle on 64 bits edition and it works beautifully.

But I m not able to integrate it to hyperspin in the settings.ini

So someone is able to make it work ?

Thanks

Ps: Do your atari800 cores works for you it crash for me since month

Thanks

I'm too busy to faff around with it right now and as I mentioned, I have no motivation to with games I tested having glitches. Are you telling me Star Fox Assault runs with the text showing in the menus? 

P. S

Yes the Atari 800 core which I use for Atari 5200 is broken. Never really play it so can't say how long it's been out of order for

Thanks I just test zelda wind talker and luigi mansion whitch have less stutter with the last update. The atari800 core 64 bits seems to work but It would be marvelous if someone could integrate the 64 bits edition on hyperpsin

Regards

39 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Have you tried the normal way of running the QuickShorcutMaker app to find the exe name?

I'm not ****ING impressed as I've just lost half my ini files looking into this!

I had to use X-plore file manager instead of Filezilla over a network, as I'm on the boat. It's randomly deleted files when I was trying to copy across the new ini file I'd made for Nintendo wii. 

RetroArch 64 states it can't find the config folder when launched from Hyperspin. The OP will have to take it up with the Devs.

The dolphin core is not in a fit state to use in my opinion. The app also won't let me assign a quit key for retroarch. Which is one of the reasons I like using RA over standalone emus. 

I'm done with this.. Wish I hadn't bothered 

7 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

@mikty try adjustingan existing .ini with these names

Screenshot_20180831-205153_QuickShortcutMaker.jpg

@Honosuseri i try not to setup much for others now its a 50/50 disaster rate normally! Hoe you get your files sorted easily 

I didn't bring my backup drive with me. I had the ini files on your FTP but I'm fairly certain they're gone when you migrated. 

I've just told the OP what the result is and I've been basically ignored. Won't be doing this again as you advise. 

See you around dude

Hi, so I made some test with your several line given by your apps but it doesn't work.

like said Honosueri, after launching a game from hyperspin,we arrived on the main interface of retroarch witch become frozen.

see image below (sorry for the quality.)

What a pity because beetle psx work at 60 fps whitch is better than the regular retroarch 32 bits.

if someone has a new idea

thanks thatman84 for your support and your previous screenshot

IMG_1140.JPG

Looks like the issue we originaly had with retroarch. I am moving out of home today so no Shield for over a week :(

Check out my retroarch dual config trick. Think the post is in Android emuators forum. It shoud be similar to that

Good luck andI'm certain you can sort this for others whie me and hono are tied up.

54 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I've decided I'll be "retiring" from the forum.

I find myself using Arc Browser more, which is actively being developed. The recent update added RA64 support.

I was kinda expecting this one dude.

I am very tempted to migrate myself in the future. But i doubt I will ever leave the forum.

I need to pick up a sd card for my phone and maybe wait for AB to add video snap support.

All the best my friend, do keep in touch. This forum will be lacking yet again...bad news.

Hi, so unless we could add a line in a settings.ini to indicate a path to the config files for 64 bits, we could't use retroarch 64 bit edition on hyperspin I think

What a pity.

Could we expect an update on this marvelous hyperspin for android ? (maybe the author Reznnate). All other frontend doesn't support videos and multiples artworks on same time as hyperspin do.

Really annoying, we could be near the perfect solution for emulation with it.

I doesn't very happy to return to pc windows witch isn't friendly using as shield tv.

Hope the hyperspin android will survive and evolved

Regards

52 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I was kinda expecting this one dude.

I am very tempted to migrate myself in the future. But i doubt I will ever leave the forum.

I need to pick up a sd card for my phone and maybe wait for AB to add video snap support.

All the best my friend, do keep in touch. This forum will be lacking yet again...bad news.

This thread was the nail in the coffin dude. It epitomises EVERYTHING that winds me up on here. 

The info is available if people put time in and read the posts we make. The quick shortcut maker is mentioned numerous times in the Android settings thread. I'm fairly certain you even made the apk available to sideload. 

As you know my time is becoming more and more precious and I just can't spare it to "hold people's hands".

I mean no disrespect to Rezz or the other Admins/mods by mentioning Arc Browser. I think both frontends are awesome and compliment each other. 

I'll say it again... Retroarch 64 is currently not in a fit state to use. Once it has the problems ironed out and all the cores available, no doubt it can be made the default to use with Hyperspin. 

The bettle psx on aarch 64 worth playing.it run better and have chd support.

The retroarch team seems to says that more cores will be enchanced for 64 bits.

Dolphin could be evolved soon

So I think retroarch 64 bits worth spent time on it

It s just my opinion. No worries

Regards

Archived