Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

how to integrate a 2nd retroarch aarch64 to hyperspin

mikty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also with split cores I can perfectly emulate systems with the same roms but different settings and bezels...such is the case with neo neo ...1 core is for aes then I split the core to run mvs and split it again for neogeox with the handheld bezel and split it a forth time for neo geo mini with yet a different bezel

thanks a lot, I will try fore sure even if it a bit difficult.

do you think we could add the 32 bits config file path in order to use the 2 retroarch 32 and 64 bits together ?

it would be marvelous

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, it's been a while. Been pretty busy doing other things and not really touching the Nvidia Shield at all.

So I came across this thread again tonight and saw someone had put up a tutorial to make Hyperspin launch using the 64-bit version of Retroarch. Cool stuff.

I decided to push it a bit further. 

I've edited Hyperspin to automatically select between running the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Retroarch depending on what you have exe set to in your system's Settings_Android file. If exe is set to the 32-bit version (com.retroarch), the 32-bit version will launch. If exe is set to the 64-bit version (com.retroarch.aarch64), the 64-bit version will launch.

The only caveat I want to mention is - just like the previous hack here - there is no change to the configfile sent along with the launch intent, so basically you are launching the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of RetroArch with the 32-bit version's configs. If there is any need, I could attempt to hack it to also automatically switch config files so that both will stay separate entirely. Personally, I find both using the same configs more convenient for me but I'll let you guys decide.

Here's a hacked and resigned APK for you guys to use: https://zerojay.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/zA3dKDZXLMAzASY
Let me know what you think.

I'll likely put a small blog post detailing the changes made to my blog (https://zerojay.com) for those interested.

Have fun!

Zerojay thanks bro for editing the apk....I can confirm that everything is working gr8 now and I can use retroarch64 for gamecube and any other core that works better than retroarch32...now it's time to just investigate what cores should be used in 64 and or 32 ...I've heard that ps1 works better with retroarch64 but haven't looked into it yet

Thanks zerojay for your work. A choice of the config file will be marvelous in order to launch 32 bits in gl and 64 bit with vulkan. I unfortunaly leave so quickly the android shield tv to return to pc version of hyperspin. But with these improvment I may come back on it  thanks again

On 4/6/2019 at 7:01 AM, zerojay said:

Let me know what you think.

Great work Zerojay and kudos for attaching the apk already modified. 

I think you shouldn't sink any more time into this. I've said it before and I'll say it again, IMHO RA64 is not in a fit state to use over RA32. 

Yes there's the dolphin core which isn't on RA32 but 8 months later and it still has serious graphical glitches in some games (e.g Starfox). The standalone dolphin emulator does not have these issues.

There's the puae core for the Amiga but I'd argue the Uae4arm standalone emulator is superior as it can also do the CD32. 

The Reicast core I use for Atomiswave crashes on RA64, works fine on RA32. 

From my testing I've not seen the Vulkan driver make any real difference, so I see no real need for you to put time into getting configs for RA32 and RA64 working.

Hopefully one day we can switch over completely to RA64 but I don't see that happening any time soon. 

Thanks for all your efforts to resolve this for the OP

It was about ten minutes of time, so I'm not worried about it. What I care about mostly is that I have a core that works in one or both. Not too worried about Dolphin core, for instance, more about atari800 not working in 32-bit but working in 64-bit, for instance.

I think what I'll do is start a new topic and we can use that topic to discuss what cores/versions of Retroarch to use to get best results for each because I think we'll get more help and participation than having this being buried 3 pages intp another topic.

Here we go: 

37 minutes ago, zerojay said:

It was about ten minutes of time, so I'm not worried about it. What I care about mostly is that I have a core that works in one or both. Not too worried about Dolphin core, for instance, more about atari800 not working in 32-bit but working in 64-bit, for instance.

Yeah I'm not an Atari fan but I see where you're coming from. 

The current core for Atari 800 is broken on RA32 but I have a retroarch config file which downloads from an alternate source. The atari 800 core from there works on RA32. 

Iirc atari 800 core can emulate quite a few Atari systems BUT you have to set it to just one at a time. Frontends can't use it to cover several systems, so having RA32 and RA 64 working could double up the options 

In retroarch forumns is the instructions to split a core and rename it to something else...basically for the purpose of using to of the same cores but with different properties so they dont clash...I did it for neogeo aes and mvs...same roms but different cores ...1 says insert coin and the other says press start

2 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

In retroarch forumns is the instructions to split a core and rename it to something else...basically for the purpose of using to of the same cores but with different properties so they dont clash...I did it for neogeo aes and mvs...same roms but different cores ...1 says insert coin and the other says press start

Yes that's possible, far easier to do on windows than android. Most users struggle with just using hyperspin and I doubt they'll want to root their device to allow copying the modded cores across. 

Perhaps Zero Jay would entertain doing a server that the retroarch.cfg file can be pointed to, instead of the buildbot for these modded cores? 

Once my leg is healed, I'll be back out on the ocean in the family yacht. So i can't take on a project like that sadly. 

1 hour ago, Honosuseri said:

Yes that's possible, far easier to do on windows than android. Most users struggle with just using hyperspin and I doubt they'll want to root their device to allow copying the modded cores across. 

Perhaps Zero Jay would entertain doing a server that the retroarch.cfg file can be pointed to, instead of the buildbot for these modded cores? 

Once my leg is healed, I'll be back out on the ocean in the family yacht. So i can't take on a project like that sadly. 

FYI theres a pretty simple way to create a local webserver to update your cores from a LAN pc. Just need apache and a index-extended file. I wrote a guide somewhere and a user at libretro forum did also with a quicker method.

Tbf all these issues are only a problem for very few people. 

Zerojay is solving some cool stuff, if he gets to the CONFIGFILE mod that would be cool. I will move that apk alongside the official DL if so

2 hours ago, thatman84 said:

FYI theres a pretty simple way to create a local webserver to update your cores from a LAN pc. Just need apache and a index-extended file. I wrote a guide somewhere and a user at libretro forum did also with a quicker method.

Tbf all these issues are only a problem for very few people. 

Zerojay is solving some cool stuff, if he gets to the CONFIGFILE mod that would be cool. I will move that apk alongside the official DL if so

I do know that but to most people you are already speaking Greek. This is why the RPI is so popular for emulation because people do just download images already done. They don't need to be uber geeks or follow lots of complicated tutorials. The easier things are to do the better for the community.

It was just a suggestion, it's up to @zerojay

I think the atari 800 core can do 5 different atari systems. Sanchez already mentioned the neo-geo aes and mvs. The Amiga PUAE core could be split to do ecs and aga games. Currently it's like the atari 800 core, you have to choose (a600 or a1200), when loading hdf files directly. I've also been waiting months for the official Daphne core to be fixed, it would be nice to have the test core easily available again.

I've got enough to do between the family boat and the Commodore Amiga project. Fiddling with RA is not a priority to me but as always I try to offer help/insight where I can. 

6 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

I would love to. If you have some info you can point me to, it would be appreciated.

46 minutes ago, zerojay said:

I would love to. If you have some info you can point me to, it would be appreciated.

I setup a webserver a loooong time ago but that was for local access not remote.

Maybe @reznnate can offer some advice. We installed the Daphne test core from the devs webserver, I think Rezz said he still has the core if anybody wants it. Maybe he knows what software the developer used or can ask?

Archived