Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

xin-mo dual controller HORROR

mastermark

Hello ive just purchased a xin-mo dual controller, Only testing it with 2 buttons at the moment and not getting very far. Ive set the buttons in HyperHQ on the joystick tab , Player 1, I have start on 1 button and Exit on another.

Launch hyperspin and i have to press the start button 20 times to select MAME, With my Keyboard i only press enter once and it works perfect. Ive played PacLand with the buttons and they are both great. Why cant i control my Hyperspin menu with these buttons ? Is the Encoder that bad ?

Ive set the buttons in HyperHQ on the joystick tab

That's your problem. Due to a bug, HyperSpin can only be reliably controlled with a keyboard or simulation thereof. You need to disable joystick, spinner and trackball controls in HyperHQ and use xpadder or joytokey to convert your joystick / button inputs to keypresses.

• 4 months later...

Im having trouble with the xin mo 2 player. It makes my player1 sets to player2 and visa versa. I can use xpadder to asign the buttonts to solve this problem but if i open xpadder i see 2 controlers. the first is p2 and the second is p1.

The problem is that p1(actualy p2) doesnt remember its profile and switches back to the last used profile everytime.

Tnx for yor reply Albert

Im using v1.05 startupscript with xpadder. so i just have to change te v1.05 to v1.06 and disable xpadder from hyperlaunch?

Yes. Disable keymapper in HLHQ, disable joysticks in HyperHQ, and enable joysticks in v1.06 HyperSpin Startup Script. If you have any other issues, ask in the HyperSpin Startup Script thread so we can keep that info in one place. Cheers!

• 3 months later...

I rewired the xin mo to the p1 side since p0 is seen as second player. When i go to devices and printer i see the game adapter its labeled as THT Arcade console adapter. I can go into the settings and test the adapter. The keys and joystick moves well in the test tab. Im able to mapped the keys and and the buttons on the emulators like fusion, znes and jnes. but when i try to map the keys using joytokey i cant assigned any keys, it doesnt detect. I bought xpadder and the same thing, its like it doesnt detect the usb encoder, it does not detect. I would really like to used HS and so far i can only get it to work for the emulator not the frontend. Can someone please help? thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We also encountered a problem with the THT 2 Player USB Controller on windows. When we save the remaps in retroarch without using hyperspin etc. we can play with both players. But when we start hyperspin and enter a game player 1 works fine but we don't get any input for player 2. We use joytokey for the hyperspin frontend. 

Is there a way to map all retroarch inputs with joytokey in one profile? Or did we overlook something? Maybe you have to remap again while using retroarch through hyperspin?

Edit: When we save an autoconfig for either player in retroarch we only get one xinput file that only includes the player that was changed last and overwrites the old one. Shouldn't there be different autoconfig files for each player like in the android autoconfig folder?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For anyone else who encounters the 1 player / 2 player swap issue with the xin-mo dual controller (I found this post when I was troubleshooting initially) remove the device in device manager, unplug the usb and plug it back in.  Seems to randomly assign the 1 player / 2 player when adding the device.  For me that swapped them to the right spots.

EDIT:  I was wrong, it doesn't fix it permanently, seems to randomly flip P1 & P2 on reboot of the machine :(  

• 2 months later...

Well I think your problem is you need the newest version of joytokey for whatever version of hyperspin your using now you need to configure each joystick in joytokey first everytime you make a new profile be sure to save mostly you will know if your setup right even before you assign anything the keys light up in yellow 

Just to clarify a couple of things, this is and always has been a windows issue. Gamepads are plugged in a random order every boot. It is not limited to xinmo either. This affects any and all gamepads listed in device manager (xbox, ps3, logitec). Joytokey or any other keymapper can not help you fix this.

There is a "preferred controllers" section in RL that can help but I have never seen anyone do a tutorial or anything for setup. The basic premise being that it will unplug all controllers and then lplug them back into the system in the order you specify. Some have claimed it just doesnt work. I think that the tabular per system scheme that comes from RL gives people the impression that they can switch controller order for every system. In reality I think this is only executed once when RL is first run.

So the idea is to first make sure all your controllers have a unique name. Then come up with an order that will satisfy all systems.

Archived