Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Neo Geo

StevieMac

I'm about to start on my Neo Geo setup, I read THATMAN84's post on working systems & he sudgested using MAME or AES? I can't find the AES on the cores download list to load in RetroArch, have they re named it?
Do you still recomend using AES?
Anyone recomend anything?

Thanks

Steve

The best emulator for neo geo is mame (or ReatroArch with mame core). Neo geo cartridges (except one or two games) have AES and MVS roms. Region and version depends on the bios. so just set up the bios to AES if you want home version of the games.

5 hours ago, dark13 said:

Does FBalpha really makes sense today? I mean, a core2duo can run mame's neo geo without any problem.

Make sense? It's literally the only core on shield that can play all neo geo games. It plays games like samurai showdown 5 and snk vs Capcom that simply won't boot on neo-emu and other cores. Plus we aren't talking about core2duos your in the hyperspin Android section.

All my ROMs are .zips  I used to use WinKawaks on the PC which worked great.

So what core to use in RetroArch?
Arcade (FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo)?
There's quite a few on there now or
Arcade (MAME), Arcade (MAME 2016) etc??

Will FB Alpha use .Zips?

So AES is just the Bios file that the core uses?  I've got the AES Bios so that would make sense I just need a good core to use.

Thanks

@StevieMac AES is the console version and MVS is the arcade version

All cores use .zip file games. The games are the same .zips for AES and MVS you just get different on screen prompts to show its a console or arcade game.

Like Press Start for AES or Insert Coin for Arcade MVS.

You will need to play test your games to see which core is best as i am not sure

Archived