Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hardware to run Gamecube and Ps2

Jetman67

Hi

I have just brought a Arcade cabinet that runs hyperspin that has 40000 thousand games, I would like to add game cube and Ps2. It has a new asus prime motherboard with 16 GIGs ram and a Asus GT 1030 video card, will that be enough to run game cube and Ps2 and possibly a few PC emulations smoothly

Regards

Wayne 

1030 is decent for most systems up to Gamecube, PS2 etc, but I would recommend a 1050 or if money not object 1060 or 1070

I use a gtx 1050ti and it plays everything i have including Gamecube,PS2, 3ds, WiiU, Wii etc, though a few games could do with a 1060 if you want to cover all bases.

unless you are running your system on a 4k TV,  I would say that a motherboard with 16G of memory and your current video card is an overkill.

any processor that was released in the last 2 years should be more then enough. the only limitations would be your video card, and

those limitations will only be present if you want to run your system on over sized screens.

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, 32assassin said:

unless you are running your system on a 4k TV,  I would say that a motherboard with 16G of memory and your current video card is an overkill.

any processor that was released in the last 2 years should be more then enough. the only limitations would be your video card, and

those limitations will only be present if you want to run your system on over sized screens.

What would you recommend as a fresh build that could play GC and PS2 without any issues?  When you say any processor released in the past 2 years, that includes i3?  I thought emulators require more CPU than GPU?

+++ath0

NO CARRIER

intel 8350k at last @4.5ghz, overclockable mobo, a decent heatsink, 16gb ddr4 (zelda BOTW needs 10gb),  gtx1060 6gb. This can basically run everything at 1080p.

I3 of the current gen have 4 cores, previous versions had only 2 cores, there's a great difference. Some emulators as cemu seems to really like 4 cores. Cemu honestly can use also 6 cores but the boost is not that significant.

• 1 month later...

Archived