Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Understanding Sega Dreamcast, using Redream

Honosuseri

A video to help you understand the Redream emulator, covering issues and questions you might have. Currently Redream doesn't use launch intent but it will be added soon. I'll do another video to help with setting it up with Hyperspin (for STV) and Arc Browser (for phones & STV) once that feature is added in.

• 2 weeks later...

Snippet from my Dreamcast ini file below... 

[exe info]

path=

rompath=/storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin/Roms/Sega Dreamcast

userompath=true

exe=io.recompiled.redream/io.recompiled.redream.MainActivity

romextension=cdi,gdi,chd

parameters=

searchsubfolders=true

pcgame=false

winstate=NORMAL

hyperlaunch=true

[filters]

parents_only=false

themes_only=false

wheels_only=false

roms_only=true

7 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

Nice video. cheers for settings

Just tested settings on Nvidia Shield TV and they work perfectly.

Thanks again

Happy to help :)

My testing on the STV has been limited,  I was holding off for frontend support. Now that's in place I'll see how far it can go in "premium mode", upping the internal resolution. 

We did notice stutters on android phones, when the games are located on an sdcard. My STV has an sdcard slot, tried the same sdcard on there and it doesn't stutter at all. Great bit of kit 

A video to help you understand the Redream emulator, covering issues and questions you might have. Currently Redream doesn't use launch intent but it will be added soon. I'll do another video to help with setting it up with Hyperspin (for STV) and Arc Browser (for phones & STV) once that feature is added in.

Does the emulator still cost money? Pm me if you want [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, ninja2bceen said:

Does the emulator still cost money? Pm me if you want emoji51.png

Yes and no. You can pay for a premium licence. Only benefit is it allows you to increase internal resolution beyond what the Dreamcast originally had.

The Android and PC licences are separate. Keep that in mind, buying for one doesn't cover the other. 

12 minutes ago, ninja2bceen said:

Ya I don’t think it’s in the upload pack or update yet. Do you mind posting it here and the isd if it has one?

This is the android part of the forum dude. I don't want to confuse the thread. 

When I'm next on the PC I'll upload the module and give you a link via PM. I don't know if redream has a dedicated thread for PC users.

Keep in mind it doesn't currently support WinCE Dreamcast games. Any game listed as broken #85 on their compatibility page is WinCE

• 2 months later...

I just installed Redream on my shield tv and loving it, so much better than Reicast. It plays my .chd roms no problem but I just tried adding some .cdi files and they don't show up at all. Do I need to convert them? Redream says that it supports .cdi, .gdi and .chd so I'm not sure whats going on here?

On 8/22/2019 at 2:49 PM, kevlarx said:

I just installed Redream on my shield tv and loving it, so much better than Reicast. It plays my .chd roms no problem but I just tried adding some .cdi files and they don't show up at all. Do I need to convert them? Redream says that it supports .cdi, .gdi and .chd so I'm not sure whats going on here?

Try to avoid using cdi, the groups who release them sometimes tinker with the "metadata" within the file. I've heard of games showing up with the wrong name because of this. Also some data can be cut out of cdi versions to compress them. Really old cdi files don't selfboot and I'm fairly sure redream will ignore those.

Ideally you want gdi versions and convert them to chd (you can't convert cdi), I explain why in the video. I think I only have a handful of games as cdi. If a game isn't working, you're better off joining the Redream discord chat. The developer (inolen) always responds quickly and resolves issues as promptly as he can.

5 hours ago, kevlarx said:

I just installed Redream on my shield tv and loving it, so much better than Reicast. It plays my .chd roms no problem but I just tried adding some .cdi files and they don't show up at all. Do I need to convert them?

If its Hyperspin they are not showing up in double check that cdi and CDI are added as valid extensions in the .ini file.

Archived