Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Naomi + atomiswave + Retroarch = Problems

pac00zilla

Hi everyone, I'm trying to configure the naomi and atomiswave platforms in the retroartch via rocketlauncher, but I'm not able to execute the emulator game until it locks up, in the .ahk of the emulator I configured naomi as follows

Sega Naomi | LibRetro_NAOMI | reicast_libretro

I do not know if this is correct, it probably can be what is causing the problem already the atomiswave I did not even configure it since I could not even configure naomi yet if anyone knows how I solve this impasse I'm grateful I already have the bios of the 2 systems confirm print attach.

Capturar.JPG

pac00zilla

I just saw this topic and i was curious about it

i did a test and can confirm to you that it works

maybe you are missing the correct bios ?

did you put the bios files in RetroArch\system\dc

you need to create a dc folder for it to work.

7 hours ago, dejarik said:

pac00zilla

I've been using RetroArch to do Atomiswave games on my phone for a year or so. The core is now BeetleDC not Reicast. 

The OP isn't asking whether it works on RetroArch. It's that Rocket launcher doesn't see RetroArch as a default emulator for Atomiswave/Dreamcast/Naomi. So they're struggling to launch the games through Hyperspin. 

The OP should really be asking in the rocket launcher forums for assistance with ahk files. I'm away from my PC so can't get to my modules for RL

8 hours ago, dejarik said:

pac00zilla

yes I put it in the dc folder

1 hour ago, Honosuseri said:

I've been using RetroArch to do Atomiswave games on my phone for a year or so. The core is now BeetleDC not Reicast. 

The OP isn't asking whether it works on RetroArch. It's that Rocket launcher doesn't see RetroArch as a default emulator for Atomiswave/Dreamcast/Naomi. So they're struggling to launch the games through Hyperspin. 

The OP should really be asking in the rocket launcher forums for assistance with ahk files. I'm away from my PC so can't get to my modules for RL

I downloaded the core that you said and described it as follows

Sega Naomi | LibRetro_BeetleDC | beetle-dc_libretro

but the error

Sem título.jpg

I think the description in .ahk is wrong and I have no idea what the correct one is.

I know what plays with RetroArch, I even have a custom ahk for the redream emulator for the Dreamcast. 

You need to go to the Rocket launcher forums, read up about making custom ahk files or see if one is already available. I can't help you as I've said, I'm away from my PC

Honosuseri

i personally use demul for this system,

i added the line he was testing  in the  retroarch module (Sega Naomi|LibRetro_NAOMI|reicast_libretro)

did a run test  just to verify and make sure the line was not his problem

worked on my side but i only tested 2 games so i have no clue if this core is

good or not.. just wanted to help the guy in his process :)

If hes missing some files.. bios, files inside the zip roms,  chd  or an outdated core, unsuported games and so on

he will get an error for sure.

3 hours ago, dejarik said:

Honosuseri

i personally use demul for this system

i added the line he was testing  in the module (Sega Naomi|LibRetro_NAOMI|reicast_libretro) did a run test  just to verify and make sure the line was not his problem

worked on my side but i only tested 2 games so i have no clue if this core is good or not.. just wanted to help the guy in his process :)

If hes missing some files.. bios, files inside the roms, chd  or an outdated core, unsuported games and so on he will get an error for sure.

He should be playing the games in RA first, make sure they work before worrying about Hyperspin. Looks like he hasn't spelled the core name correctly to me. 

I do Atomiswave with the beetledc core, Sega Naomi 1 can use the same core. Dreamcast has a beetledc_wince core as well now. I've added all 3 to a custom retroarch ahk and they all do work. 

Atomiswave I have games that were converted to Naomi.bin files. These launch directly now, in the past we had to make "lst" files. 

Naomi only works with the non-merged rom sets or bin files. Think it was around 120 games working last I checked. 

Dreamcast I have gdi converted to CHD and some obscure games are in the cdi format. 

@Honosuseri

Out of curiosity

Is the  BeetleDC core compatibility good for the dreamcast ?

i have been using Demul for a very long time for compatibility 

raisons but i do love using retroarch for all the great options

it offers.

The beetledc_wince core is a separate core to beetledc. It's quite new and needs a pretty good rig to run it. 

As far as compatibility goes I've not played around with it much on PC (did try Sega Rally 2). It's not available to android RA users and that's where I've been spending my time lately. As well as testing the redream emulator on my android phone and STV

1 hour ago, Honosuseri said:

He should be playing the games in RA first, make sure they work before worrying about Hyperspin. Looks like he hasn't spelled the core name correctly to me. 

I do Atomiswave with the beetledc core, Sega Naomi 1 can use the same core. Dreamcast has a beetledc_wince core as well now. I've added all 3 to a custom retroarch ahk and they all do work. 

Atomiswave I have games that were converted to Naomi.bin files. These launch directly now, in the past we had to make "lst" files. 

Naomi only works with non-merged rom sets. Think it was around 120 games working last I checked. 

Dreamcast I have gdi converted to CHD and some obscure games are in the cdi format. 

How did you succeed in executing them in retroartch?

Can you show me how you managed to configure it?

On 6/3/2019 at 6:29 AM, pac00zilla said:

How did you succeed in executing them in retroartch?

Can you show me how you managed to configure it?

Well obviously this is less of a hyperspin or rocketlauncher problem and more of a retroarch/incorrect roms or bios problem.

90 percent chance it's not working because your bios files are the wrong ones or in the wrong place or your trying to run specifically roms that require chd files or something. 

4 hours ago, Rowr14 said:

Well obviously this is less of a hyperspin or rocketlauncher problem and more of a retroarch/incorrect roms or bios problem.

90 percent chance it's not working because your bios files are the wrong ones or in the wrong place or your trying to run specifically roms that require chd files or something. 

No, it's a bit of both. I'm pretty certain he's not edited the retroarch module correctly, core name looks wrong for a start. So there's a 100 percent chance it's not working because they have no idea what they're doing ;)

Bios files look OK, providing RA is pointed to that folder. I've discussed the game files best I can, the video tutorial he shared is out of date too. 

I'm not holding their hand through using RA, RL and HS. I've given all the information needed, there are instructions, tutorials etc already in place if people look. 

Archived