Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

2014 HyperSpin Certified Video Sets [EmuMovies]

Circo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sweet! can't wait to start savin' disc space lol ..... does the current version of HS support these video file formats?

The FLV's are fully compatible but when 2.0 comes out you can switch to the higher quality mp4's.

"(Old) SNES FLV SET 654 videos 6.2GB

(New) SNES FLV SET 777 Videos 1.8GB

Smaller Size and Better Quality than the previous set."

Great job. I can't wait to fill up all of that saved space. :P

I'm slightly confused though. Are you saying that the "Official - Video Snaps [MP4][X264][GameEx]" will be preferable to the "Official - Video Snaps [FLV][X264][HyperSpin 2.0]"?

"(Old) SNES FLV SET 654 videos 6.2GB

(New) SNES FLV SET 777 Videos 1.8GB

Smaller Size and Better Quality than the previous set."

Great job. I can't wait to fill up all of that saved space. :P

I'm slightly confused though. Are you saying that the "Official - Video Snaps [MP4][X264][GameEx]" will be preferable to the "Official - Video Snaps [FLV][X264][HyperSpin 2.0]"?

The FTP is in a bit of flux, FLV X264 doesnt work, the directory is just named that atm. I renamed everything before I knew exactly what I was doing. When 2.0 comes out we will have MP4 video format and thats it, no AVI's no flv's. One format that will work with all current FE's.

EDIT: I fixed the folder structure, I won't be around for a few days as I am taking the kiddo to disneyland. But I'll be right back at it this weekend. Lots to do!

"EDIT: I fixed the folder structure, I won't be around for a few days as I am taking the kiddo to disneyland. But I'll be right back at it this weekend. Lots to do!"

Thank you very much for the clarification and changes. I hope you have a great time at Disneyland.

• 2 weeks later...

Added PC Engine CD, thanks to akiles500 for submitting most of the raw captures. There isn't a release link yet as I don't have time to put all that together just yet but I will by the end of the weekend most likely. Also the mame 143 update is coming along nicely, all flv have been reencoded with normalized audio and renamed properly to mame .143. So far over 1900 videos have been updated, replaced or added. The WIP version is now available via the EmuMovies FTP and Download Service.

Just this weekend I bought a lifetime subscription to EmuMovies and I downloaded the entire MAME artwork set (including videos) using the Download Service Utility (no FLV's came with the artwork set). However, all of the videos were in mp4 format, and when I loaded them into my Hyperspin's \Media\MAME\Video\ directory, none of the MP4 videos were recognized (I'm using Hyperspin 1.2).

Do I need to upgrade my Hyperspin install to use these videos, or can I configure HS 1.2 to recognize the MP4 videos?

Just this weekend I bought a lifetime subscription to EmuMovies and I downloaded the entire MAME artwork set (including videos) using the Download Service Utility (no FLV's came with the artwork set). However, all of the videos were in mp4 format, and when I loaded them into my Hyperspin's \Media\MAME\Video\ directory, none of the MP4 videos were recognized (I'm using Hyperspin 1.2).

Do I need to upgrade my Hyperspin install to use these videos, or can I configure HS 1.2 to recognize the MP4 videos?

That is a bug I think, no videos are supposed to come with artwork. You have to select the flv videos seperately, hyperspin 1.0 uses flv. hyperspin 2.0 will use mp4.

Hey Circo -

Which part do you think is the bug? That the EmuMovies Download Service Utility (I'm using version 0.89, the most current one) for MAME doesn't include the FLV videos, or that it did include the MP4 videos?

If the bug is that the DSU didn't include the FLV videos, I'm guessing I can just get those of the EmuMovies FTP site, eh?

Hey Circo -

Which part do you think is the bug? That the EmuMovies Download Service Utility (I'm using version 0.89, the most current one) for MAME doesn't include the FLV videos, or that it did include the MP4 videos?

If the bug is that the DSU didn't include the FLV videos, I'm guessing I can just get those of the EmuMovies FTP site, eh?

Choosing the ALL ARTWORK setting should NEVER EVER download video snaps. You choose those separately in the download service. I'm assuming you are a basic member at emumovies so the download service is hiding FLV videos. It's supposed to hide all video content unless your a supporting member so that is the bug and why you can't see the flv's. Hope that helps.

I missed this one, MP4s will be compatible with 2.0 but you have to use flv's for 1.0

Archived