Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperpin no longer works with the last Nvidia Shield Update

fred33

14 hours ago, sonkun said:

Yes, whichever driver output you set it to will save across all cores after you exit and re enter RetroArch, I suggest setting it to vulkan for everything use gl for just mupen64plus gles3 and yaba sanshiro (Assuming you're playing on Shield TV. If you're playing on a newer phone then I suggest using the more accurate Beetle Saturn core and maybe try mupen using both the parallel plugins which those two cores should also be played using the vulkan driver instead of gl.). I'm not sure why you have system.opt files, I only have system.cfg files and game.opt files depending on if I tweak and save a specific game option in the core options. What are in your system.opt?

To get to individual core settings you first have to start up any game in any core then head into the quick menu and go down to core options, but that's not how you would set a individual core to just use gl while the others use vulkan etc. To set a individual core to gl while your global setup is on vulkan load up any game, go to the quick menu/main menu/settings/drivers/set it to gl/settings/quick menu again/overrides/save core overrides. After saving I suggest going back to to quick menu and then hit close content to ensure that your settings have been saved properly then go down and hit quit retroarch. Saving a override is also how you create a system cfg in the config folder as well. Now when you load up that system again it will always play in gl driver mode even though your global driver is set to vulkan.

For yaba sanshiro, does it not work only when you run a game from hyperspin or it also doesn't work through retroarch alone? If it's through hyperspin try using this:

parameters=cores/yabasanshiro_libretro_android.so

If that doesn't work let's confirm that it's finding your bios when you load the core so go into retroarch and load up the yaba sanshiro core then go down to information/core information then look at where it says Firmware, the only bios you need is that saturn_bios.bin file, if it says the word Present that means it sees your bios file, if it says Missing then that could be your reason for the crash. If it sees your bios file and it still crashes maybe you have a bad bios which I could help get you a better one through a pm only.

Let me know how things go.

Thanks, @sonkun! I was able to set the GL override for just Mupen, so that's great... appreciate the assist! I tried to do the same for Yaba Sanshiro, but...

Yaba Sanshiro doesn't work at all in Retroarch (I can get it to load as a standalone, however, which is odd). In Retroarch, it does say that the saturn_bios.bin is missing. I first used the bios provided in the Bandit build, but figuring maybe it was bad, I downloaded the supposedly Retroarch-approved bios from: https://github.com/Abdess/retroarch_system/blob/libretro/Sega - Saturn/saturn_bios.bin. So, yeah, I don't know what's up with Retroarch saying it's missing... or why it seems to work fine in the standalone app (?!). 

As for the system config file, boy was that hard to find! In my Retroarch->Config folder, all I have are system folders (and within those are .opt files). BUT... I did a "save current configuration," and Retroarch told me the file was here: \\SHIELD\internal\Android\data\com.retroarch.aarch64\files. So, that's where I found it, and I changed "Vulkan" to "GL" but it made no difference. The closest thing I could find to a per-system config file for Yaba Sanshiro was this mysterious "opt" file in the config folder. The only information shown for Sanshiro is: 

The yabasanshiro_addon_cart = "4M_extended_ram"
yabasanshiro_force_hle_bios = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_frameskip = "enabled"
yabasanshiro_multitap_port1 = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_multitap_port2 = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_polygon_mode = "perspective_correction"
yabasanshiro_rbg_resolution_mode = "original"
yabasanshiro_rbg_use_compute_shader = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_resolution_mode = "original"
yabasanshiro_sh2coretype = "dynarec"
yabasanshiro_system_language = "english"

Appreciate any additional advice you might have for getting Yaba working through Retroarch! 

52 minutes ago, pmindemann said:

Thanks, @sonkun! I was able to set the GL override for just Mupen, so that's great... appreciate the assist! I tried to do the same for Yaba Sanshiro, but...

Yaba Sanshiro doesn't work at all in Retroarch (I can get it to load as a standalone, however, which is odd). In Retroarch, it does say that the saturn_bios.bin is missing. I first used the bios provided in the Bandit build, but figuring maybe it was bad, I downloaded the supposedly Retroarch-approved bios from: https://github.com/Abdess/retroarch_system/blob/libretro/Sega - Saturn/saturn_bios.bin. So, yeah, I don't know what's up with Retroarch saying it's missing... or why it seems to work fine in the standalone app (?!). 

As for the system config file, boy was that hard to find! In my Retroarch->Config folder, all I have are system folders (and within those are .opt files). BUT... I did a "save current configuration," and Retroarch told me the file was here: \\SHIELD\internal\Android\data\com.retroarch.aarch64\files. So, that's where I found it, and I changed "Vulkan" to "GL" but it made no difference. The closest thing I could find to a per-system config file for Yaba Sanshiro was this mysterious "opt" file in the config folder. The only information shown for Sanshiro is: 

The yabasanshiro_addon_cart = "4M_extended_ram"
yabasanshiro_force_hle_bios = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_frameskip = "enabled"
yabasanshiro_multitap_port1 = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_multitap_port2 = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_polygon_mode = "perspective_correction"
yabasanshiro_rbg_resolution_mode = "original"
yabasanshiro_rbg_use_compute_shader = "disabled"
yabasanshiro_resolution_mode = "original"
yabasanshiro_sh2coretype = "dynarec"
yabasanshiro_system_language = "english"

Appreciate any additional advice you might have for getting Yaba working through Retroarch! 

Yaba Sanshiro definitely works on Retroarch as I've been doing a lot of Saturn gaming on it all this week even played a game a few minutes ago. Ok let's try a few things, first open RetroArch, go to Settings/Directory. The first thing you should see at the top is System/Bios. Whatever is displayed there is where RetroArch expects you to place all of your bios files so if your saturn_bios.bin file isn't in the folder that System/Bios line shows, that's the reason it shows up as missing when you load up the yaba sanshiro core so get that straightened out first to where it shows the bios file as present whenever you load the yaba sanshiro core, that'll also help with other cores that expects a bios file in the same location. Unless you've changed that location to a different folder of your choice, the default bios path should be:

/storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/system

So place the saturn bios file in your RetroArch/System folder if that is what you see. Take it a extra step by making sure the naming is correct, I use to have problems with my Hyperspin not loading a game because of case sensitive naming, example being that even though you might have the "saturn_bios.bin" It's possible that it could still show up as missing if it's spelled like "saturn_bios.BIN" so make sure all letters match letter for letter if it's all lower case.

Next, delete that system opt file it's not needed. See what happens after doing those two things and get back to me.

That did it, @sonkun

I didn't touch the .opt files, since I don't know what they do. But I DID go and see where Retroarch expected the bios files to be located, and even though Bandit's build supposedly gets around all that by having bios files in the rom folders (and tells Retroarch to look there), that was clearly not working! The solution was just to move the bios file to the System folder, and then voila... it worked great in both Retroarch and Hyperspin!

That means I've not got every system (except Dolphin, which we know) working in Hyperspin when launched from Retroarch! 

This is a good day... thank you for the big-time assist! My next mission will be to venture beyond Bandit's build and start adding things like TurboGrafx, SuperGrafx, etc. and see what I can break (haha). I'm not sure why he didn't include systems like those in his build, but I guess he had to leave some things out. 

Anyway, Hyperspin is back in the game, for me!

52 minutes ago, pmindemann said:

That did it, @sonkun

I didn't touch the .opt files, since I don't know what they do. But I DID go and see where Retroarch expected the bios files to be located, and even though Bandit's build supposedly gets around all that by having bios files in the rom folders (and tells Retroarch to look there), that was clearly not working! The solution was just to move the bios file to the System folder, and then voila... it worked great in both Retroarch and Hyperspin!

That means I've not got every system (except Dolphin, which we know) working in Hyperspin when launched from Retroarch! 

This is a good day... thank you for the big-time assist! My next mission will be to venture beyond Bandit's build and start adding things like TurboGrafx, SuperGrafx, etc. and see what I can break (haha). I'm not sure why he didn't include systems like those in his build, but I guess he had to leave some things out. 

Anyway, Hyperspin is back in the game, for me!

Nice I'm glad you got it sorted out. Yeah so that's the folder you'll dump all your bios in. You say you plan to add in turbografx etc, that core also needs a bios file that'll need to be put in the same folder you put that saturn bios, along with any other bios you'll need for future cores you plan to add that need a bios.

As a bonus here's a wheel you and everyone else can add to their Hyperspin set up

It's a Sonic Hack wheel I put together not to long ago, every game on that wheel can be played using the Genesis Plus GX core. Games from Game Gear, Master System, Genesis and Sega CD are all included in that wheel. That should add some more fun to your set up.

29 minutes ago, C0ntrA said:

So where are you guys obtaining the Hyperspin launcher?

From the PlayStore under Android 11, it doesn't launch at all.

Is there a new updated APK that launches under Android 11 somewhere?

Confused.

Yes a new test apk was uploaded in this thread I believe on page 5 or something. Go back a few pages and you'll find it

Hey guys, I've been starting to add new game wheels in our Shield build of Hyperpin, and it's going reasonably well... I don't have a PC build of Hyperspin, currently, so I'm doing it all by hand with editing files, creating folders, moving files, etc. It's been kind of fun, and I got new SuperGrafx and Atomsiwave wheels working, BUT...

I've been trying to add a NeoGeo MVS wheel, and the only game themes I've found were pre-recorded video themes (instead of individual game themse, game videos, etc. that I'd place into their respective files). Now, I've read these video-based "themes" work better than .swf and other pieced-together files on the Shield. But for the life of me, I can't get them to work! I've Google for about 2 hours and read post after post on the HS forums, but can't find any clear instructions on where to place the theme videos, or what else might need to be done to get them to work. 

Has anyone used video themes, and if so, can you advise how to get them to work on the Shield?

5 hours ago, pmindemann said:

Hey guys, I've been starting to add new game wheels in our Shield build of Hyperpin, and it's going reasonably well... I don't have a PC build of Hyperspin, currently, so I'm doing it all by hand with editing files, creating folders, moving files, etc. It's been kind of fun, and I got new SuperGrafx and Atomsiwave wheels working, BUT...

I've been trying to add a NeoGeo MVS wheel, and the only game themes I've found were pre-recorded video themes (instead of individual game themse, game videos, etc. that I'd place into their respective files). Now, I've read these video-based "themes" work better than .swf and other pieced-together files on the Shield. But for the life of me, I can't get them to work! I've Google for about 2 hours and read post after post on the HS forums, but can't find any clear instructions on where to place the theme videos, or what else might need to be done to get them to work. 

Has anyone used video themes, and if so, can you advise how to get them to work on the Shield?

Just add this file to the themes folder and rename to video name (unless all videos are video themes, then you can just call it Default.

Default or rename.zip

3 hours ago, Creezz67 said:

Just add this file to the themes folder and rename to video name (unless all videos are video themes, then you can just call it Default.

Default or rename.zip 1019 B · 1 download

Thanks, @Creezz67! So, put this in themes, rename as default, and then the individual videos for each game go in the regular videos folder? 

Great tutorial, @fred33! This was more basic than what I needed, but I could see it being super helpful to someone who is new to it--especially considering how "manual" things are with Hyperspin for Android. Unfortunately, however, it didn't actually answer the question I had, which was asking specifically about how to launch "video themes" (that is, not just where to put videos, but how to enable pre-built, pre-recorded theme videos that completely bypass the usual themes, images, swf files, videos, etc.). I think if you're doing a PC built this might not be super necessary, but for Android builds, it can help avoid issues with swf files and probably make for a lighter load in terms of processing, etc. 

Anayway, @Creezz67, that file was exactly what I needed! I named it "default," dropped it in Themes, downloaded the game-specific theme videos into the Video folder, and it worked straight away! Thanks for the assist with that... I'm loving getting everything going on the Shield TV again!

@pmindemann if u have questions just ask on here so u dont spend 2 hours trying to figure it out.....most ppl on here don't talk much but are pretty advanced in android....I myself don't talk much anymore but I've setup pretty much everything that is possible on android....now I just focus on vintage computers from the mame software list....fyi you can setup both neogeo mvs and aes easily with the proper themes....the main difference is mvs will show "insert coin" while the aes will show "press start"....the average person will never know the difference but the purist will 😆 

• Like 1

Appreciate it, @sanchezmike01! I've setup several HS builds on PCs, but this is my first on Android, so I'm still figuring out a few things (like doing space-efficient things, avoiding swf files, and of course doing everything by hand!). It's honestly been a really heavy lift compared to other frontends, but I guess I kinda just want to learn something and feel like I know how things work vs. just having everything pre-populate.

Oh, and AES vs. MVS... well, I've owned the "real thing" of both (along with Hyper NeoGeo 64, NGPC, etc., etc.) so, yeah, I might be one of those that would notice (lol). 

17 hours ago, pmindemann said:

Thanks, @Creezz67! So, put this in themes, rename as default, and then the individual videos for each game go in the regular videos folder? 

Yes that's correct as long as all the videos are video themes.

If some are normal themes you will have to use that file and rename accordingly for all video themes

• Like 1

Hello,

I switched my Nvidia Shield Pro to Android 11 and I'm facing a lot of issues.

First I was using a Synology NAS to store my Hyperspin config/roms and since I switched to Android 11, I cannot use the NAS as the time response is too slow !   I can read video from PLEX or KODI without problem. When I execute the Roms from the wheel, Retroarch crash dus to the time response. I tried with a hard-drive and it works better but I would like to keep my NAS !

On retroarch, I cannot find the NAS directories, so I'm not able to test the Roms as well !

So I'm a little disapointed now, everything was working well on Android 9 and now I'm facing a lot of issues.

I tried the Amiga CD32 and most of the roms are failing ? does someone has a fix for CD 32 ?

8 hours ago, ArtMac said:

The version posted earlier doesnt work with a Samsung S8 Ultra Android 12 tablet

Has anyone gotten Hyperspin working with Android 12?

Thanks

Hi, hyperspin for android only works with devices with an nvidia processor.

Thank you for the quick reply Fred!

I hope they can also make it work with non-nvidia android devices. 

I was looking forward to being able to use Hyperspin on my 15-inch Samsung S8 Ultra Tablet. 

thank you!

I'm new here - this might be slightly offtopic buut i seen a few of you have the Bandit's 200gb pack. I'm having trouble downloading thast as there is nowehre to find anymore.

Anyone kind enough to seed it/ provide access to it or just point me in the right direction?

Would be kindly appreciated.

Looking forward to test the new apk as well

On 9/4/2022 at 4:59 AM, Octipus said:

I'm new here - this might be slightly offtopic buut i seen a few of you have the Bandit's 200gb pack. I'm having trouble downloading thast as there is nowehre to find anymore.

Anyone kind enough to seed it/ provide access to it or just point me in the right direction?

Would be kindly appreciated.

Looking forward to test the new apk as well

Did you try the NZB and/or Torrent located here?

https://www.arcadepunks.com/android-front-ends/