Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Sega Model 3 - Supermodel released !

DemonEyeX

Hahahah,

This emulator might have a chance of achieving greatness! since when do emulators run too fast!?!?! lol

Check out this video of Jurassic Park in action!

c9UDloOTwuE

For quite a awhile. Or should I say not the emulator but the game itself. If you own a newer system and try to play some of the classic games on Mame they run way to fast sometimes. After playing SWT a few more times I think its just the opening moves so much faster than I'm use to. I never say anything that looked like the action was sped up on JP or any of the other games.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

You know we need to reach out to these independent emulator developers and give them a home here at Hyperspin FE forums.

Supporting them may give us the ability to request certain helpful features that make it more compatible to Front Ends.

I spoke to the author and he said he was going at the emulator again mid June. Hopefully sound will come soon :)

Thats great news Id been waiting for years for some one to emulat model 3 games, cant wait for sound. I wonder how well Demul will emulate Model 3 In the next version? Its been awhile since they have posted any progess on it it.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a question for anyone using supermodel 3...

On the website news it says

June 11, 2011

I haven't been working on Supermodel because I've been busy with research and other business. But that hasn't stopped Nik Henson from contributing some fantastic work! Below is a video of one of our play testers, Abelardo, coming in first place in Scud Race with his XBox 360 controller.

Nik has been working on reverse engineering the Z80-based drive board that controls the force feedback servo motors. He already has basic force feedback working but due to a lack of information on the servo boards, some details are still eluding him. If anyone has access to an actual Model 3 cabinet with the motor boards, please contact me and I will put you in touch with Nik, who could really use your help.

April 19, 2011

It's about time for a progress report. Nik Henson submitted a fantastic rewrite of Supermodel's input system for the next version. The new system is extremely robust -- just about anything (keyboard, mouse, gamepad, etc.) can be assigned to any Model 3 control. Yes, this means racing games are finally playable with steering wheels! Multiple mice are also supported, meaning Lost World can be played with dual lightguns.

Unfortunately, progress on sound has been slow. I've incorporated an earlier version of ElSemi's SCSP core (muchas gracias!) but haven't yet worked out the details of the PowerPC/68K serial link. Work on Supermodel has slowed down considerably due to real life matters but I still manage to put in a few hours each weekend.

I can't seem to find a download version of supermodel 3 with the multi mice support or the game controller support. Does anyone know if its been made available yet?

Got a question for anyone using supermodel 3...

On the website news it says

June 11, 2011

I haven't been working on Supermodel because I've been busy with research and other business. But that hasn't stopped Nik Henson from contributing some fantastic work! Below is a video of one of our play testers, Abelardo, coming in first place in Scud Race with his XBox 360 controller.

Nik has been working on reverse engineering the Z80-based drive board that controls the force feedback servo motors. He already has basic force feedback working but due to a lack of information on the servo boards, some details are still eluding him. If anyone has access to an actual Model 3 cabinet with the motor boards, please contact me and I will put you in touch with Nik, who could really use your help.

April 19, 2011

It's about time for a progress report. Nik Henson submitted a fantastic rewrite of Supermodel's input system for the next version. The new system is extremely robust -- just about anything (keyboard, mouse, gamepad, etc.) can be assigned to any Model 3 control. Yes, this means racing games are finally playable with steering wheels! Multiple mice are also supported, meaning Lost World can be played with dual lightguns.

Unfortunately, progress on sound has been slow. I've incorporated an earlier version of ElSemi's SCSP core (muchas gracias!) but haven't yet worked out the details of the PowerPC/68K serial link. Work on Supermodel has slowed down considerably due to real life matters but I still manage to put in a few hours each weekend.

I can't seem to find a download version of supermodel 3 with the multi mice support or the game controller support. Does anyone know if its been made available yet?

No it's not available yet. You have to run games via command prompt but it's pretty easy too. The instructions are on the site if you can't find them PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As seen on:

http://www.emucr.com/2011/08/news-supermodel-wip-update-ski-champ.html

We may be close and hopefully "when its ready" is not the same date as HS 2.0!

A lot of people have been asking me when the next version of Supermodel will be released. The answer is: when it's ready. I'd like to get it out before the end of the month so I can start working on dynamic recompiling CPU cores but I can't guarantee anything given my hectic schedule. There are still some sound bugs to resolve and lots of little loose ends to tie up here and there before a release can be made.

In other news, I got Ski Champ to boot today. Unfortunately, it suffers from the same issues that plague Harley Davidson and The Ocean Hunter, so it's not really playable and I haven't hooked up controls. Nevertheless, it's a small step forward for compatibility!

Archived