Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Sega Model 3 - Supermodel released !

DemonEyeX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends, but I would read up on how to OC your specific CPU and/or mobo before you do anything. It's easy but can be overwhelming to a first timer. Keep in mind, some CPUs are locked and not much you can do about it. Also, depending on your mobo, you may not even have that many options to tweak and could be limited there too. Whatever you do, you do at your own risk, so make sure you read up first. It also helps to have a good aftermarket fan as stock fans don't perform nearly as well.

So far so good, just did a trench run using this emulator run through hyperspin! Thought it would be a lot longer before I could say that.

Awesome!

Guess I need to get my rear in gear and get it on the cab now

Thanks

Greg

Ok put it on the cab and have a few issues.

At one point is slowed WAY DOWN to a crawl. Once the mission was over it went right back to proper speed.

Sound has massive background hiss.

Lastly the game is unplayable for me with anything other than the trackball (I do not have a "flight" joystick installed on the panel.

Some graphical issues but really not bad.

Greg

Right I promise this is the last off topic question.

What spec computers are everyone using for supermodel? I am deciding whether to buy a new dual core cpu which I can over clock to 2.9 or if I need a new pc!

Is the 64 version of supermodel better than 32? I have also been thinking about upgrading to windows 7 but I'm afraid that all the other emus I have in my setup will stop working.

Any thoughts?

I guess the more process threads the better eh? 64 windows it is then! I will upgrade to win 7 :) I could always go for the mame 64 bit version too!

Has anyone had any problems with other emulators not working with windows 7 though? For example, zsnes? Daphine?

I guess the more threads the better eh? I will upgrade to win 7 then :) I could always go for the mame 64 bit version too!

Has anyone had any problems with other emulators not working with windows 7 though? For example, zsnes? Daphine?

So far I have not had any emulator issues with Win7 64bit.

Both of those emulators work in Win7. Haven't had an issue with any emulator I've come across, and I have all of the popular ones if that helps any.

But you bring up a good question, I'm curious what specs PC people are running to get Supermodel to run smoothly. I'm about to build an overkill PC to play it safe, and help run MAME games a little smoother, but would like to hear what others are using.

Both of those emulators work in Win7. Haven't had an issue with any emulator I've come across, and I have all of the popular ones if that helps any.

But you bring up a good question, I'm curious what specs PC people are running to get Supermodel to run smoothly. I'm about to build an overkill PC to play it safe, and help run MAME games a little smoother, but would like to hear what others are using.

My PC, running Model 3 with no issues, had to throttle some games as it was too fast LOL

i5 3.2ghz Quad core Processor

8gb DDR 3 Ram 1066fsb

250 GB HDD - OS System Drive

2TB HDD - Rom / Data

My PC, running Model 3 with no issues, had to throttle some games as it was too fast LOL

i5 3.2ghz Quad core Processor

8gb DDR 3 Ram 1066fsb

250 GB HDD - OS System Drive

2TB HDD - Rom / Data

Yes, I've heard that some poepl have had to dial back games before. I wish I had this problem, haha. Good to know, thanks for sharing your specs. Although I heard this emulator truly benefits from a good graphics card, as mentioned below.

this emulator is based on your video card afaik.

Laptop - i7 / 330M nvidia -> 10fps

HTPC - i3 / intel hd1000 -> 10fps

Gaming PC - i5 / 460GTX nvidia -> 60+fps

Wow, I thought an I7 wmight be able to handle it even without a card. Guess not! My internal graphics chipset runs this at about 10fps as well. I can't physically upgrade to a card since it's a mini tower and there's no room. So a new computer it is. Thanks for those benchmarks, really helped solidify my decision.

It sounds like you need a bit of both. I read a thread on another forum were Bart, the creator, sad he didn't realize at first how important processing power was. The graphics card is a must. My PC is no slouch (I can play NFL Blitz decent on MAME), but since I don't have room in my tower for a graphics card, it's a slug when Supermodel is running.

Is supermodel3 gpu, cpu based or both?

Running some tests on scud racer (scud.zip)

- i5 2500k (quad) / Nvidia 460 1GB / (60+fps sides known hiccup points) (main tower pc)

- i7 650M (quad) / Nvidia 330M 1GB (25fps ish) (laptop)

- i3 q850 (Duo) / Nvidia 430 1GB (25fps ish) (htpc)

PPC was set to 25, also raised it to 37 with little change in overall FPS.

I've been reading over @ supermodel forums and seems people with lower hardware then me are getting 50-60+fps.

Archived