Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Alert - Possible Frontend Breach ;)

ACE

Not sure I like this quote within his email reply.......

"If you want it to be an OPEN community project than consider it as a promotion when our customers use the Hyperspin software on their machines. Free is Free, if you want to license your artwork and sell it than by all means do this. If you want everyone and their sister to use it for Free than continue to post it on the Hyperspin Forum."

P.S. His cabs are very nice! I think I'll use his designs (share alike) ;)

"If you want it to be an OPEN community project than consider it as a promotion when our customers use the Hyperspin software on their machines. Free is Free, if you want to license your artwork and sell it than by all means do this. If you want everyone and their sister to use it for Free than continue to post it on the Hyperspin Forum."

or use his designs and sell them for cheaper ;)

Not quite the same because he is not putting his designs out there for free, right?

just sayin...

Yes, seriously, I think it's time to end the threads "exposing" all these people. Their defense will always be that hyperspin is freely downloadable. And while it isn't wrong for our artwork to contain copyrighted material because we don't sell it, there is probably such a huge gray area that a douche lawyer could really sink his or her teeth into it and help deal a big blow to a community and sub-culture that is already frail as it is. We are all just trying to enjoy the hobby, and the historical significance that these games have had in our lives. So I say we just stick to doing that, and tune everything else out.

Yes, seriously, I think it's time to end the threads "exposing" all these people. Their defense will always be that hyperspin is freely downloadable. And while it isn't wrong for our artwork to contain copyrighted material because we don't sell it, there is probably such a huge gray area that a douche lawyer could really sink his or her teeth into it and help deal a big blow to a community and sub-culture that is already frail as it is. We are all just trying to enjoy the hobby, and the historical significance that these games have had in our lives. So I say we just stick to doing that, and tune everything else out.

I have to agree.

I agree with the sentiment here, no offence the the OP but these threads have only ever done 2 things.

1, given free advertising.

2, wound up the community.

There is clearly no point in trying to deal with it, if you confront them, they turn nasty, because they know they are doing wrong, and then bad mouth the community.

MAME have a legal team, but I bet they've never prosecuted anyone for selling Mame.

I suppose ignorance is bliss, just have fun, you never know when it will all be over.

From my understanding Arcades r Fun purchase a membership for every single cab that is sold. I'm also pretty sure this seller doesn't include emulators and roms which could put Hyperspin in a bad light. In that case Hyperspin isn't they main selling point, but rather an added bonus.

Why other sellers don't use the same method and try to stay clean is totally oblivious to me..

I hate the fact that we should simply ignore and "accept" these sellers (although I realize it's the only rational thing to do).

Never want it the get to the point where the majority of the community just thinks it's okay. I'm emotionally affected every time I see my friends or my own hard work being sold for profit.

To give some perspective to how this affects the community. I have some brilliant artwork for a number of systems that can't be shared at this point, mainly because I've lost the trust that people won't exploit it. I'd much rather have a more open and community based "open source" deal where everybody have access to everything and are able to add content whenever. This is just one of the reasons we can't have nice things..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the back of my mind I've had the worry that the one day the artists and content creators would say "enough is enough" and stop.

:(

Well, fatigue, burnout, real life and limited number of themers to work with does more towards this. As does a wave of flame wars and other crap like we had a couple of times.

From my understanding Arcades r Fun purchase a membership for every single cab that is sold. I'm also pretty sure this seller doesn't include emulators and roms which could put Hyperspin in a bad light. In that case Hyperspin isn't they main selling point, but rather an added bonus.

He/she sells them with emulators and roms included, and advertises them as such.

https://www.facebook.com/ArcadesRFun

Archived