Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Is my PC good enough for Hyperspin and Hyperlaunch 3.0? Seems slow

barakawins

Is my PC set up good enough for hyperspin and RocketLauncher.0? I've been upgrading from my older set up which doesn't have modules

and my old Hyperlaunch is 1.0.48.5. My older set up is fast and accessing games is quick. But with 3.0 there is a lot of lag time. Picking a game

takes several seconds for it to load such as Stella and Colecovision. Here is my pc stats. Can it jut be that my computer can't handle the newer

version of hyperspin an hyperlaunch?

post-133361-142870660312_thumb.png

Your memory is low even just for a PC IMHO. If you could get it to at least 4 I'd bet you would see a big improvement. Windows is probably going to take at least a gig of memory, so you're not giving Hyperspin much room to work with.

I agree with this. I am running Intel G3258 3.2 Ghz with 4 GB of ram and it runs smooth.

So just bringing this up to 4GB should make it run smooth right? Could this be where there is a lag time in accessing emulators? Seems like I press enter on

the keyboard to pick a game from the hyperspin wheel and it takes like 10 seconds or sometimes doesn't come up at all.

I'm on a Core Duo and I have very minor, if any slowdown. Not really noticeable. Maybe it blends in with the whole retro effect. Anyhow, your processor is a LOT faster than mine so you should have no problems.

I'm on Windows 7 and I can't remember whether I have 4 or 8 gigs of ram. I'll have to check when I get home. I think I tried 8 and there was no improvement so I dropped back to 4 and put the other 4 in my other comp. One thing I will say is that upgrading my video card made a world of difference and I only spent $35 including shipping.

I'm on a Core Duo and I have very minor, if any slowdown. Not really noticeable. Maybe it blends in with the whole retro effect. Anyhow, your processor is a LOT faster than mine so you should have no problems.

I'm on Windows 7 and I can't remember whether I have 4 or 8 gigs of ram. I'll have to check when I get home. I think I tried 8 and there was no improvement so I dropped back to 4 and put the other 4 in my other comp. One thing I will say is that upgrading my video card made a world of difference and I only spent $35 including shipping.

The processor is just a part of the equation. You have 4 or 8 gigs of ram, he has 2. That makes a big difference.

Is my PC set up good enough for hyperspin and RocketLauncher.0? I've been upgrading from my older set up which doesn't have modules

and my old Hyperlaunch is 1.0.48.5. My older set up is fast and accessing games is quick. But with 3.0 there is a lot of lag time. Picking a game

takes several seconds for it to load such as Stella and Colecovision. Here is my pc stats. Can it jut be that my computer can't handle the newer

version of hyperspin an hyperlaunch?

I have had hyperspin on a similar setup by disabling hyperspin interstitial backgrounds and set the image quality to at least medium but it was running XP 64bit. I used the setup for an arcade cabinet running 4:3 aspect in 640x480 so if you are running anything higher than that you may run into more performance issues. Your entire setup has no business running windows 7 let alone hyperspin on top of that OS IMO. Hyperspin relies more on CPU usage and memory bandwith than anything else. You check out your ram and cpu usage by running windows, run hyperspin and then jump to your task manager to inspect your cpu and memory usage. I have a strong feeling that doubling the ram on this setup isn't going to get you far.

If that setup is a socket 775 and can accept at least a Pentium D dual core processor, I'd urge you to get one. They can be had on ebay or some Tech buy,sell,trade forums for practically nothing. Saw some guys the other day giving away Pentium D 915's for the cost of shipping.

Archived