Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the tv has a too Small mounting it will Be beölen in the Middle of the Table when you make a contruction under the Playfield Looks via chriz then you have nö Problem with a broken table

It doesn't bow now the way it is mounted, but I do have plans for more support just to be on the safe side. I just haven't gotten it in yet. I'll post pics when I do. I have plans for 2 support pieces across the screen.

How did you determine the best playfield monitor slot position (bottom of cab up to slot)?

What is that measurements, if you don't mind?

Is the slot position consistent from front to rear? It appears so, but can't be 100% sure there was not some downward slop toward the front.

Did you consider a 32" backglass screen? I was under the impression that they fit, with just a little more notching fun.

Sorry if I am out of the loop, does Mameman produce the speaker grills or did he just happen to have extra (I guess that is a question for him).

Thanks,

Matt

Glad you like the thread. I was hoping all the links would help someone. Took a while to get them all in there.

For the playfield slot. 4" down from the top in the back. 3/4" down from the top in the front. That measurement is to the top of the slot. It does slope toward the player like a normal pin does. It's not flat.

I didn't do much looking into bigger backglass screens. Mameman had recommended this screen so I jumped on it. I like that it is 16:10 also and not 16:9. Less stretching.

Mameman does make the speaker grills. Damn nice too! Send him a message if you're looking to get one.

Bill

I put in 2 playfield screen supports. I wasn't getting any bowing, but I wanted to be safe and put a little extra support in there. I think this should be enough.

IMAGE_100195F6-29E0-42D4-8E39-3F896C15790B.JPG

IMAGE_92F13CA3-8BED-4D8D-92CF-2A9EB6EDCE9C.JPG

A view from the coin door looking back.

IMAGE_00E48B9E-501D-45D7-8ACC-3DC54660005B.JPG

It's 1"x1" wood. I bought 2 pieces that were each 36" then cut them down the used L brackets to mount it under the screen. Didn't take long at all. I'll have to unscrew them though to get the screen in and out otherwise the boards on the back of the tv will hit them sliding in. I think that should be enough support now for the screen.

Put some corner braces inside on the bottom. Probably not necessary, but I'm sure it won't hurt either.

IMAGE_D9FF6BC2-442B-4BA1-B241-C174193B017D.JPG

Started to fill the screw and staple holes. (Note to self: Do not use Bondo in the house again! OMG that stuff smells strong!!!)

IMAGE_F7ED503B-6472-4167-8FC3-0D51CBBA2E6B.JPG

IMAGE_54D7DEF2-C707-4F0A-AF21-869BDB2FE748.JPG

Hahaha. Uhhhhh yeah. I never used bondo before. Had no idea it was THAT strong of a smell. Lesson learned. I had the upstairs door closed and the girlfriend yells down. I can smell that stuff up here now. Ooops. lol.

I hope the sanding goes well. How much of a pain in the butt is that going to be?

Hahaha. Uhhhhh yeah. I never used bondo before. Had no idea it was THAT strong of a smell. Lesson learned. I had the upstairs door closed and the girlfriend yells down. I can smell that stuff up here now. Ooops. lol.

I hope the sanding goes well. How much of a pain in the butt is that going to be?

get yourself a 6" random orbital sander, one with an adjustable speed control, with velcro base. makes life so much nicer.

get some 80 grit discs for knocking it down, and some 220 for final sanding over the entire cab. you should be able to do the entire cab in 30 minutes.

I have a palm sander that I have been using to this point. I might have to look into one of those random orbital's instead.

Do i need to sand even the areas that I didn't do anything to?

mdo is not such an issue as its nice and level, reg ply needs it. worth just kissing the mdo to remove any crap and getting a good key for the paint.

Picked up some sandpaper at lunch. Might be able to borrow the random orbital. If not I may try the sander I have before running out to get one.

Also picked up the Satin Black Valspar from Lowe's. Once it's sanded I'm going to sponge roll it. I am thinking about leaving the inside as-is and only painting the outside and any area's that will be seen.

Mameman: Where did you get the mesh material you used to cover your air vents? You can see it in this pic: bbbwiring.jpg

well that was some mesh i bought of ebay, a little heavy and a bit of an overkill.

I'll let you in on a trade secret if you promise not tell a living sole.....

go into lowes and get a pack of gutter mesh clip on covers (5"x36" pack of 4) will cost you $10..

now shhhhhhhhhhh

well that was some mesh i bought of ebay, a little heavy and a bit of an overkill.

I'll let you in on a trade secret if you promise not tell a living sole.....

go into lowes and get a pack of gutter mesh clip on covers (5"x36" pack of 4) will cost you $10..

now shhhhhhhhhhh

Awesome!

Got a little work done today.

Took the cabinet out to the garage for some sanding. The palm sander worked fine for me. 80 grit, then 220 to finish it off.

IMAGE_99C79E3E-C6A6-419A-BB74-42BB6D86B2CC.JPG

IMAGE_4A980A38-3B22-432D-944C-54C72F03A811.JPG

Painting. Used a sponge roller and black satin Valspar paint from Lowes.

IMAGE_303CF4C3-06A0-4D31-B1F5-B3A30407BF0B.JPG

IMAGE_258C4772-2274-4EBF-969C-3C3B9F64691E.JPG

IMAGE_3739DC2A-651C-4BD3-B770-52B0ACE9E7E3.JPG

IMAGE_217F64BA-FD2E-4E9D-8C2E-2B09723A7346.JPG

I did not paint the inside parts of the cabinet that will not be seen. I preferred them unpainted since the MDO had such a nice finish to begin with.

IMAGE_B5AABB08-DCA0-4B8A-9DB6-2D0E6DE50546.JPG

You can see that I painted the inside of the sides above where the screen will sit.

IMAGE_B29A227A-754B-42D7-9378-C0D8B8ABFC15.JPG

Speaker panel.

IMAGE_97A6A842-63EA-4483-9567-0AA19FD4B3B5.JPG

Cabinet back door where two 220mm fans will go.

IMAGE_573F792C-BF60-4399-B7FF-0765A83D63FC.JPG

Hi Bill,

I notice these on your order list;

- Mot-Ion Adaptor Digital Plunger Kit (LINK)

- I-PAC 2 New FS32 Version (LINK)

Won't the Mot-Ion's 16 inputs be sufficient, why also an I-PAC?

-Thanks,

Matt

Most people I talked to recommended the Ipac as well. For one I wasn't sure when I would be able to get the plunger. It's been OOS for a while. The IPAC also let's you use shift configuration for the buttons.

Installed the plastic side rails for the glass.

IMAGE_3BF316BF-9895-4F38-8C21-ED7E607D2D28.JPG

IMAGE_11E2C5AB-2604-4B1D-A704-89FB42EB565F.JPG

Started toying around with the PC tray layout. The side with the PC near the edge will be near the back of the cabinet. I thought it would help ventilation. Any recommendations are welcome. :-)

IMAGE_718F9F38-0F33-459D-B7B4-D811BFF2B28B.JPG

Archived