Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are killing me. lol.

I may still throw one in. I do not want one of those segmented ones though. I don't like how you can clearly see all the small squares. I haven't looked yet to see what a regular dmd is gonna cost me.

Bill

thought about a pinLED 16x16seg one you can barely see the squares on those.

Or if you can get hold of a real plasma dmd cheap maybe? there is now a way to power them :)

or a 12v version but very expensive :(

really would finish off such a nice looking cab :)

thought about a pinLED 16x16seg one you can barely see the squares on those.

Or if you can get hold of a real plasma dmd cheap maybe? there is now a way to power them :)

or a 12v version but very expensive :(

really would finish off such a nice looking cab :)

Could you send me a link to the DMD's you are referring to? The plasma ones as well as the PinLED segmented one that you mentioned barely being able to see the squares on. I had seen a couple segmented ones that I really didn't care for. The squares were totally distracting to me. After owning quite a few real pins and looking at those DMD's, the segmented ones I saw just didn't look nearly as nice.

Thanks!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Looks freakin Awesome!!!! Love the art work, I remember watching your thread from the beginning when you brought home the wood in a mini van!!! Its nice to see it come together. Curious, how did those other cabs come out? are they on here too?

Looks freakin Awesome!!!! Love the art work, I remember watching your thread from the beginning when you brought home the wood in a mini van!!! Its nice to see it come together. Curious, how did those other cabs come out? are they on here too?

Yes...the others. They are very close to being done as well. I never really posted much on them since they were sorta clones of mine. Very few differences and pretty much all the same hardware as well. I did not get them done in nearly the amount of time as the first, but between my job and my friend's it became hard to line up our schedules to work on them as frequently as we wanted. They are extremely close to being complete though. Few more things left to do.

Thanks for the compliments on the cab. I'm very happy with the results.

Bill

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to know about how you mounted the backglass monitor.

Did the monitor you used have screw holes on the bezel or did you drill your own?

After decasing the monitor there were 3 holes in the top of the metal frame and 3 in the bottom. I put bolts through that to hold it to the wood supports I mounted in the backbox. I

Check it out here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?17455-Indiana-Jones-and-the-Pinball-Crusade-(46-28-15)-build-project/page6

Bill

I thought you may have been lucky to have those mounting holes already there for you. Unfortunately mine doesn't have anything as sturdy as that. I've got a couple of tiny holes on each side of the bezel that ill look at more closely on the weekend.

My alternate solution is to use a heavy duty epoxy to stick a bracket onto the back/side of the monitor and then attach that to some batons.

• 1 month later...
Hey Bill ! Very nice pincab! I use your pictures as a guideline/reference to build my new cab.

One question...why would you paint your cab/backglass black and later on put vinyl (?) or stickers/artwork on it ?

- 100% smooth surface for application of vinyl

- vinyl is cut 1 mm or more from the edge, leaving the edges exposed and visible (this helps against unwanted peeling)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is amazing! I am planning on building a widebody cab in the near future using the same tv. What were the positions from the top and right of the cabinet for the plunger and launch ball button? I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

• 3 years later...

Absolutely amazing build Bill!

Just started my own build so Im a bit behind you :-)

Bought the material and assembled the backbox today... tomorrow the cab itself... 

Waiting for legs and other parts so i don't want to walk to quick so ill have to take it apart again to fit something.

Using your build log as a guide. THANKS a LOT!

Archived