The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

MAME No Nag

Beaps

I think that's actually against the forum rules. I've seen people ask in other threads and have the links removed.

What kind of problems are you having when you compile? Maybe someone can fire off a quick fix if you get stuck.

This is there I am getting...

src/osd/windows/video.c:257: error: redefinition of 'void windows_osd_interface::update_hi(bool)'

src/osd/windows/video.c:235: error: 'virtual void windows_osd_interface::update_hi(bool)' previously defined here

make: *** [obj/windows/osd/windows/video.o] Error 1

• 1 year later...
Just curious how long it should take to apply patches? Following the above instructions using lastes files, and the first diff file (0148u1.diff) i apply has been running for about 10 min...is that normal?

ya its normal I ran it on 2 vertex 4 SSDs in Raid0 and it took 10 minutes or so, if your on a normal hdd could be 30-40 minutes

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Google it or if you have Gold member or higher here goto Jumpstile's FTP folder.

Hi, I found a no nag exe, what do I do with it now? Grant it I still have to 7z it, I assume it will create all sorts of folders and essentially replace the folder location of original mame? Do I need to extract the new in the old folder? Also how do I turn on high score? I found mame ui fx 149

AAE is not really worth the hassle as the same ROMs are used by MAME. Somewhere on the forum there are some suggested HLSL settings to reproduce the vector glow that you get in AAE.

You don't need anything other than plain vanilla MAME to play the Cave games since support was reinstated in version 0.154,. You can either just find them in the MAME wheel or set up a separate Cave wheel with its own XML file and use MAME as the emulator.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, probably while at work...

If you ever need a new version of MAME with no-nag and high scores, just get GroovyMAME. GroovyMAME also has code in it for better A/V sync and improved latency. You will have create/edit the mame.ini file to enable the 'disable_nagscreen_patch' and 'disable_loading_patch' but that is no big deal. I can't see how there is ever any value in using the UI version of MAME in that we are launching games with HyperSpin anyway but to each his own. Since GroovyMAME is an offshoot of MAME, no one ever gets upset about pointing to it thus the MAME Team's wishes against distribution of custom MAME compiles aren't violated, which is cool.

I can confirm that the Cave shooters play great on GroovyMAME 1.54. Also, I like these HLSL settings for play on my IPS monitor (Mushishimisama looks great with these settings!). Just makes sure you also enable 'multithreading' so you don't get dropped frames.

Archived