The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Hyperlist - Nintendo Entertainment System Xml Wrong

dmxwyrw

Database is incorrect there are about 6 games that are wrong.

Adventure Island (USA) in example is actually called Hudson's Adventure Island (USA)

This database is based on no-intro's dats they use the box art for titles. This info also matches with art already made by the hyperspin community.

more info:

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php?page=show_record&s=45&n=1001

I'm pretty sure this was changed to Adventure Island to keep the game grouped together with Adventure Island 2 and 3.

We use our own naming schema and don't follow No-Intro naming blindly, consider it a simplified version of No-Intro.

Which falls out of line with emumovies and hyperspins art already made for this. Why make a random change this and then not bother to change anything else?

There really doesnt seem to be any rules here. Hyperlist is a mess. Hypersync is not maintained. And before the volunteer effort excuse is used. Remember that hypersync is shown as a consumer edition. And that platinum must be purchased to use.

Edit your XML to match them then, like Styphelus said I do the databases and nothing else and because stuff like this I stopped uploading any XML files other than MAME to HyperList quite some time ago. I don't even think it was me who made these name changes anyway, they were suggested in the forum quite some time ago by someone else (don't remember who) and no one objected to the changes so they were done.

I couldn't care less about HyperSync being paid or not, I don't get a single dime out of it so yeah it's volunteer work for me. If HyperSync isn't synched with HyperList go bother its developers/maintainers since it's up to them to fix it since no one else can do it.

If HyperSync isn't synched with HyperList go bother its developers/maintainers since it's up to them to fix it since no one else can do it.

You say this like its another forum that they are in. If you are the maintainer of hyperlist and have nothing to do with hypersync thats fine. You're also maintaining hyperlaunch maybe you forgot the forum your currently in. If i could get my 30$ on that hypersync BS and put it into hyperlaunch I would in a heartbeat. This forum is so messed up. Too many projects that are barely maintained and just kind of tossed together. Theres no standard or rules really just a bunch of asshattery when it comes to and kind of orginization. Nothing against you personally brolly. That particular DB doesn't even have your name next to it on hyperlist. The thing I'm most disgusted with is hyperlaunch.

The thing I'm most disgusted with is hyperlaunch.

I'm sure you paid a lot for it.

You're acting like you're owed all sorts of support and work for some reason. Yes, there's a lot of projects in various states. Yes, there's not a ton of organization. Welcome to what happens when you're in a community where no one is being paid to work full time on their projects. No one owes you anything. If you want something to be better, jump up and contribute.

Consumer: a person who purchases goods and services for personal use. Hypersync isnt a product?

If you want something to be better, jump up and contribute.

Sure! Let me help with hypersync! Point me in the right direction.

All of these projects here are closed source. People dont want theme being changed/improved but they'll just drop something and go on to something else. That's hardly supportive of a community.

Yeah man, screw all the people around here who put in all this work. How dare they have a database that doesn't comply 100% fully with your rom set. This shit should be 100% click and go, why should you have to go in and edit a handful of things and waste your time when it should have been their time that was spent on it.

Explain your meaning here. Sounds kinda asshole-ish to me, but I could be reading it wrong

Consumer: a person who purchases goods and services for personal use. Hypersync isnt a product?

Sure! Let me help with hypersync! Point me in the right direction.

All of these projects here are closed source. People dont want theme being changed/improved but they'll just drop something and go on to something else. That's hardly supportive of a community.

What is wrong with Hypersync? It's still being updated and hasn't been abandoned. As far as theme building goes, jump in. Anyone can build themes...

Another point on hypersync. I am one person, I can't be expected to see every piece of art that isn't named correctly. I put up a post months ago for posting suggestions and improvements and I got very little feedback. There were like 3 members that helped out with that.

This isn't the first time someone's gotten this way about stuff like HyperSync. They don't seem to understand that they are making a donation and getting HyperSync as a thank you, thinking instead that it's some professional software suite they purchased. Usually the kind of attitude that comes from people who buy a hard drive filled with games and then when they complain about something being incorrect, they get pointed here.

You are mostly right zero but I think this may be a different scenario. He has been pm'ing me this morning and has some legitimate feedback.

Here is where I'm torn though. Hyperbase live is not far from being released as a replacement. I know, I know, many of you think I'm just blowing smoke, but the truth is, every time I mention that I'm updating anything on sync, I get messages from other admins saying that when hyperbase live is released, everything will be automatically fixed. It takes a lot of free time for me to update every little thing on sync, and it seems like by the time I get it finished, hyperbase live will be released and all the time I spent updating will have been for a short lived gain.

I have been trying like hell to get the FTP up to date and that has been my main focus, but I am getting no help. There are four of us mods that have access to update the FTP and they are all well aware of what needs to be done, but they haven't been able to contribute due to their life schedules. All I'm saying is just try and be patient. I'm working all the time on updates.

The reason sync has to stay closed source is because if one single piece of media is put in the wrong directory on the backend FTP, then the whole program crashes for all users. There are no fail safes. Limited hands in the cookie jar helps troubleshooting to find the misplaced item.

Hope this all makes sense as it is hard to explain without physically showing you the backend

given by how many people complain about the official Hyperspin XMLs.

from

Why is the XML missing game X

Game X should be named Game Xz

I wan't a PAL only XML

I wan't a US only XML

I want XMLs matching my rom names.

I want a custom XML with the games I wan't, and I want YOU to do it for me!

I would change the name from "Official XMLs" to the XMLs to match the artwork found on Hypersync.

if you don't want to use the XMLs that match the naming convention of Hypersync then feel free to make or modify them to fit your needs.

If you are the maintainer of hyperlist and have nothing to do with hypersync thats fine.

I'm not the maintainer of HyperList, I just upload my XMLs there nothing else. HyperList developer left the community a few years ago. I used to update most XML files, but now I pretty much only update the MAME XML like I told you. Yes, organization isn't the best around here these days and collaboration between the different teams is almost non-existent due to several reasons, but speaking for myself I do all this for free and in my spare time so I don't feel like I owe anything to anyone. And btw the username you see on HyperList is the last person who made an edit on anything related to that system, not the person who uploaded the database.

If i could get my 30$ on that hypersync BS and put it into hyperlaunch I would in a heartbeat.
The thing I'm most disgusted with is hyperlaunch.

Now this seems very contradictory to me, why would you put $30 into something that disgusts you so much?

brolly I heard you're the man with the most up to date xmls, any way we can set up a Dropbox so I can get current?

Yeah I have updated XMLs for pretty much all systems which include japanese games and many fixes, missing games from the current lists, etc. but for the time being they are only available to HS Project members that are actively working on such systems. I don't intend to make them public until we complete the projects sorry and we might even end up with a different distribution plan for these. HyperList is a pain in the ass to update when you rename games and such for anyone who doesn't have direct access to the database since there's no way to fully clean a database and reupload a new one.

Another point on hypersync. I am one person, I can't be expected to see every piece of art that isn't named correctly. I put up a post months ago for posting suggestions and improvements and I got very little feedback. There were like 3 members that helped out with that.

This is typical, most guys here want everything done to their liking and only complain about it, when help is asked for anything it's usually always the same members that try to help. There are some exceptions of course (and in the project we have some of those), but they are just that unfortunately: exceptions to the rule.

I'm not the maintainer of HyperList, I just upload my XMLs there nothing else. HyperList developer left the community a few years ago. I used to update most XML files, but now I pretty much only update the MAME XML like I told you. Yes, organization isn't the best around here these days and collaboration between the different teams is almost non-existent due to several reasons, but speaking for myself I do all this for free and in my spare time so I don't feel like I owe anything to anyone. And btw the username you see on HyperList is the last person who made an edit on anything related to that system, not the person who uploaded the database.

Now this seems very contradictory to me, why would you put $30 into something that disgusts you so much?

Yeah I have updated XMLs for pretty much all systems which include japanese games and many fixes, missing games from the current lists, etc. but for the time being they are only available to HS Project members that are actively working on such systems. I don't intend to make them public until we complete the projects sorry and we might even end up with a different distribution plan for these. HyperList is a pain in the ass to update when you rename games and such for anyone who doesn't have direct access to the database since there's no way to fully clean a database and reupload a new one.

This is typical, most guys here want everything done to their liking and only complain about it, when help is asked for anything it's usually always the same members that try to help. There are some exceptions of course (and in the project we have some of those), but they are just that unfortunately: exceptions to the rule.

Hyperlist is a mess I agree. I was planning on hosting all the databases on the gold FTP. They wouldn't be able to be edited by regular members but I could get you access to the overwrite enabled backend if you'd like.

Thanks, but don't think the FTP would be the best way for these especially not the golden section as they are supposed to be free. If there won't be a new HyperList soon we might end up creating our own distribution platform for them.

Right now the main reason I don't make them public is to encourage other members to contribute to the project.

Thanks, but don't think the FTP would be the best way for these especially not the golden section as they are supposed to be free. If there won't be a new HyperList soon we might end up creating our own distribution platform for them.

Right now the main reason I don't make them public is to encourage other members to contribute to the project.

Fair enough. A new platform would be great. I would contribute to your project, but as you can tell, I have way too much on my plate as it is. :/

I understand that thought process, and honestly I'm sure there's "something" I could do to contribute to the Project (having 0 artistic/photoshop abilities whatsoever, I'm not sure what I could do. I mean I've contributed to little things here and there, but that was mostly before "The Project" started) But I still think releasing the completed XMLs before the project is complete is a better idea that not doing it. Just for the sake of getting all our files/roms/whatever in order for when the media is complete for each database. That way the user (who I imagine on average uses more than just MAME on their setup?) has their roms ready, and as soon as they sync up with the released media, it's ready to go. Instead on Day 1 you'll have to Download xml, go update roms for however many systems, then go download the media.

I know that sounds so minor, but I think it would just be "nice". lol

I'm also saying this under the assumption any XML is even 100% complete at this point.

Archived