Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Philips CD-i - Does anyone actually have it working?

Takaji

Just now, badboo said:

Awesome, I will give it a try then. Let's see if you have luck with the Jaguar CD.

Abregado

I just read here:

http://nonmame.retrogames.com/

A simple page I've been following that is updated from time to time, I don't see any mention that MESS run Jaguar or Jaguar CD, maybe try Jaguar CD via retroarch, using the same core that runs Jaguar?

Obrigado!

30 minutes ago, Aorin said:

I just read here:

http://nonmame.retrogames.com/

A simple page I've been following that is updated from time to time, I don't see any mention that MESS run Jaguar or Jaguar CD, maybe try Jaguar CD via retroarch, using the same core that runs Jaguar?

Obrigado!

It is a good list. In the end, as long as retroarch or MAME could emulate pretty much almost every retro console, that will make our life easier (or at least mine).

I will give it a try tonight. I will be trying Resident evil 7 for the first time too. So, if I don't have time I will try tomorrow.

Obrigado/ agradecido (spanish is my first language lol)

2 minutes ago, badboo said:

It is a good list. In the end, as long as retroarch or MAME could emulate pretty much almost every retro console, that will make our life easier (or at least mine).

I will give it a try tonight. I will be trying Resident evil 7 for the first time too. So, if I don't have time I will try tomorrow.

Obrigado/ agradecido (spanish is my first language lol)

OK, let us know if you can run this system there.

Muchas Gracias!

Ok, I have my philips-cdi library in .cue/.bin format. It is not working for me so far , so I would have to convert them to .chd.

I will have a look what software does that.

edit: I tried to run my atari jaguar CD and the Neo Geo CD and nothing, I never finished to configured them. So now it is the chance to bring these topics up lol.

I will try to convert my p-cdi roms format though, and hopefully it will work , as Aorin explained. ;)

6 hours ago, demonseed said:

I was thinking of trying Atari cd next, what's the best emulator for it?

I recently spent some time looking deep into Atari Jaguar CD emulation, because I am dying to try the Highlander game (even though it's horrible)

The emulators at all capable of playing AJCD are as follows:

1.) Project Tempest
This emulator will boot up something like 2 of the games. It's my understanding even those don't run very well.

2.) Virtual Jaguar - Stand-Alone
It's my understanding that this does not currently support AJCD, however there were 2 instances I saw in reddit conversations that stated it was on par with Project Tempest in it's latest revision. The biggest thing to note here though, is that just a week or two ago the developer of Virtual Jaguar said he is indeed still working on the emulator and the most recent official post from a while back says something along the lines of "Jaguar CD emulation, coming soon!"

It's worth noting that I do not bother with stand-alone emulators these days 99% of the time, simply because RetroArch has encompassed basically everything.

OF NOTE is that if/when Virtual Jaguar does implement CD emulation, it is extremely likely that the RetroArch Virtual Jaguar core will be updated to reflect that change.

TL;DR - Atari Jaguar CD emulation is more/less a No-Go situation right now, but there is hope on the horizon.

9 hours ago, badboo said:

Ok, I have my philips-cdi library in .cue/.bin format. It is not working for me so far , so I would have to convert them to .chd.

I will have a look what software does that.

edit: I tried to run my atari jaguar CD and the Neo Geo CD and nothing, I never finished to configured them. So now it is the chance to bring these topics up lol.

I will try to convert my p-cdi roms format though, and hopefully it will work , as Aorin explained. ;)

You'll mostly likely need them in CHD, easier route is to get them in that format already, if you have a PD account, just look for the software collection (over a TB).

NEO GEO CD will need some bioses in the same folder where are the CHDs, I'll make a guide for Libretro as well.

What SkyGamer said is a fact, best bet is to wait for the upcoming Atari Jaguar CD support on Virtual Jaguar,  not even MESS run this today.

I'm going to try FM Towns Marty soon, seems to be well emulated via MESS, and there may be something interesting buried there.

2 hours ago, Aorin said:

You'll mostly likely need them in CHD, easier route is to get them in that format already, if you have a PD account, just look for the software collection (over a TB).

NEO GEO CD will need some bioses in the same folder where are the CHDs, I'll make a guide for Libretro as well.

What SkyGamer said is a fact, best bet is to wait for the upcoming Atari Jaguar CD support on Virtual Jaguar,  not even MESS run this today.

I'm going to try FM Towns Marty soon, seems to be well emulated via MESS, and there may be something interesting buried there.

You are right on that, I think that is probably the way to go and get them in chd already. I wil try that wait before doing the hard work of converting something hehe.

Looking forward to your neo geo cd guide as well.

Gracias!!

3 hours ago, badboo said:

You are right on that, I think that is probably the way to go and get them in chd already. I wil try that wait before doing the hard work of converting something hehe.

Looking forward to your neo geo cd guide as well.

Gracias!!

I created two guides on Libretro forums, you can check here:

NEO GEO CD (Retroarch MAME)

https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-run-neo-geo-cd-games-on-retroarch-mame-core/8690

Philips CD-i (Retroarch MAME)

https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-run-philips-cd-i-games-in-retroarch/8672

1 hour ago, Aorin said:

I created two guides on Libretro forums, you can check here:

NEO GEO CD (Retroarch MAME)

https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-run-neo-geo-cd-games-on-retroarch-mame-core/8690

Philips CD-i (Retroarch MAME)

https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-run-philips-cd-i-games-in-retroarch/8672

Amazing, I will have a look at them tonight, they will be very helpful. Many thanks

I will have to get the chd format for all of them though. So I hope posting back soon good news.

Saludos

@Aorin

I was trying to configure the neo geo cd this weekend and I was not able to do so. The problem is the image of my roms. 

I got a hold of another collection of neo geo CD, but the extensions are .cue/.img.... And my older collection is .cue/.bin/.wav.... and there are many .wav files that I think those are the audio files.

I was googling this and I bumped in to the libreto forum, where you were mentioning how to convert images to CHD, on a topic.  I would need to read more to convert those images I have. And I think I would have to convert the images from .img to .iso... and then to CHD with that tool..... my God, so frustrated with that lol

1 hour ago, badboo said:

@Aorin

I was trying to configure the neo geo cd this weekend and I was not able to do so. The problem is the image of my roms. 

I got a hold of another collection of neo geo CD, but the extensions are .cue/.img.... And my older collection is .cue/.bin/.wav.... and there are many .wav files that I think those are the audio files.

I was googling this and I bumped in to the libreto forum, where you were mentioning how to convert images to CHD, on a topic.  I would need to read more to convert those images I have. And I think I would have to convert the images from .img to .iso... and then to CHD with that tool..... my God, so frustrated with that lol

On PD you have a torrent with the files for NEO GEO CD in CHD, depending on your internet, it would be faster if you could get that.

In my case, I converted them from img+ccd to CHD using This GUI for chdman, I don't know how to batch convert them though.

6 minutes ago, Aorin said:

On PD you have a torrent with the files for NEO GEO CD in CHD, depending on your internet, it would be faster if you could get that.

In my case, I converted them from img+ccd to CHD using This GUI for chdman, I don't know how to batch convert them though.

Thanks Aorin, this looks helpful. I will do a research on that and see if I can get the CHD versions as first option. Then I will go with plan B.... and I hope it won't be necessary lol

@Aorin,

Just letting you know that I just got the CHD version of the Neo geo CD Roms. This will make my life easier, just like you mentioned before. This morning before work, they were on my computer :)

I am waiting for the philips CDi chd roms as well, but that is a bigger file. 

Cheers

35 minutes ago, badboo said:

@Aorin,

Just letting you know that I just got the CHD version of the Neo geo CD Roms. This will make my life easier, just like you mentioned before. This morning before work, they were on my computer :)

I am waiting for the philips CDi chd roms as well, but that is a bigger file. 

Cheers

OK, just be aware that no all CD-i software are games, and there are some that won't work because of a driver license issue or something like that.

3 hours ago, Aorin said:

OK, just be aware that no all CD-i software are games, and there are some that won't work because of a driver license issue or something like that.

Yes I noticed there is  a lot of CHD roms included, I think they have for every version of each rom and didn't feel like filtering the ones I like. So I decided to get them all and delete the ones I won't need.

Thanks for the hint. I will check that license thing when I get them.

1 hour ago, badboo said:

Yes I noticed there is  a lot of CHD roms included, I think they have for every version of each rom and didn't feel like filtering the ones I like. So I decided to get them all and delete the ones I won't need.

Thanks for the hint. I will check that license thing when I get them.

Yeah, actually, some games, that are probably fmv ones won't even load because the driver does not exist to make it happen and I read it has something to do with a license or something.

So, when you get games running, some won't, then you'll know they are the ones.

40 minutes ago, Aorin said:

Yeah, actually, some games, that are probably fmv ones won't even load because the driver does not exist to make it happen and I read it has something to do with a license or something.

So, when you get games running, some won't, then you'll know they are the ones.

I see, good thing that you warned me, so I can try them first and delete that ones that I won't work.... I was thinking of just deleting the duplicated ones just like that. lol

Archived